Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Beacon Hospital area, Sandyford

Options
  • 18-06-2020 7:35am
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hi,

We are looking at few houses near Beacon Hospital, Sandyford.

Have heard nice things so far apart from Moreen Estate. There are older posts about Moreen here having mixed reviews.

Just wanted to know the current situation. Is it safe ?

Thanks in advance!!

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,366 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

Rogue006 wrote: »
    Hi,

We are looking at few houses near Beacon Hospital, Sandyford.

Have heard nice things so far apart from Moreen Estate. There are older posts about Moreen here having mixed reviews.

Just wanted to know the current situation. Is it safe ?

Thanks in advance!!

I don't live in the estate but I'm nearby and often run through and a colleague lives there. It is fine, has it's bad element but is safe from what I can see/have heard. It is probably the same as any old council estate in that it is now largely private dwellings with the odd rough element.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭fret_wimp2

I don't live in the estate but I'm nearby and often run through and a colleague lives there. It is fine, has it's bad element but is safe from what I can see/have heard. It is probably the same as any old council estate in that it is now largely private dwellings with the odd rough element.

That's 90% of Dublin, for better or worse!
    Most of the time the "bad element" is just kids hanging about and very rarely a stolen bicycle. From what i can see, its a part of living in Dublin.

There are some areas that have it better than others & have almost no problem elements, Terenure for example, but its reflected in the cost of property in these locations.

Advertisement