Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Town disgusting yesterday evening

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,945 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

So how is waste managed?

I'm kinda shocked that you even needed to ask.

Do you understand that the same issue is the reason why cycling is not an option for many city centre residents?

And that there is no ready fix? Each building has a small number of apartments, but there are many, many buildings with them.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,403 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

How about the council empty them more often and have more of them

While I'm not disagreeing with you, that's not an excuse for someone throwing their rubbish on the ground.

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,470 ✭✭✭Whereisgalway

Do you understand that the same issue is the reason why cycling is not an option for many city centre residents? .

Because they can’t get wheelie bins?

I'm kinda shocked that you even needed to ask.

I asked because I wasn't aware of the issue, pretty simple to be honest, nothing to be shocked about

I asked because I wasn't aware of the issue, pretty simple to be honest, nothing to be shocked about

From seeing one or two apartments in the past like the ones described I’d guess that you store your bin bags in your apartment and then just leave the bags on the street for collection on the day it’s to be collected.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30 derekshelvin

Is there a law which says you are not allowed to feed birds?

How is a central-city pigeon-feeder any different to people who feed the swans or ducks in the Claddagh?

https://www.independent.ie/irish-news/pensioner-left-devastated-after-being-fined-150-for-feeding-seagulls-38933674.html

Litter Pollution Act 1997.

Wildlife needs to be managed. The swans and ducks are not ripping open bin bags, screeching all day and night or spreading their droppings all over the city. I do sympathise with you as I can sense your sympathy for the seagulls but I more so sympathise for the people who are not causing this but have to endure it in the city.

Advertisement