Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Iron sulphate stains

Options
  • 18-06-2020 12:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,321 ✭✭✭

Can anyone recommend a product to remove iron sulphate or fertiliser stains from concrete?
    There was nothing specific in woodies or B&Q and normal patio/drive cleaner won't even touch it.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,500 ✭✭✭Reckless Abandonment

Unfortunately nothing will remove that bar removing a few mil of top surface. I've a few areas where I spilled lawn weed and feed and nothing helped clear it. I'd happily be proven wrong mind you.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,825 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

There are products that deal with rust (e.g. one of the Stain Devils, or HG Rust Remover, or some Rust Remover products Lidl sells from time to time), they might work, but no guarantees. Another thing that could work, if you can still find it, is toothpaste containing titanium (the whitening toothpastes used to have it, a few years ago). When you apply it, it reacts with the sunlight to remove rust stains.

• Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭RonanC

I've found this to be excellent at getting stains from stone and concrete:

https://www.lenehans.ie/hg-stain-away-no-7-rust-50ml.html

Advertisement