Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Replacement internal bulb for Toshiba Tuner

• 18-06-2020 4:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 25

I have a Toshiba Midi Wi system SYS-V19 dating from 1992 which includes a Tuner Model no. ST-3519. Unfortunately, the digital display to the front of the unit doesn't illuminate which makes station selection very difficult. The culprit appears to be a blown internal bulb which is attached directly to the IC board via two "pins". Please see attached photo of the bulb and also an official photo of the unit. Anyone know where I might source one of these bulbs? The unit is 12V with 200 mA consumption.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 131 ✭✭Malmsteen

By the looks of it its just a LED bulb that can be bought online for pennies, but even if its a filiment bulb they are still not costly... if you can get to the other side of the board where the Bulb is soldered in you could maybe de-solder it Out and then fit a new bulb and solder the 2legs to there individual spots on the board and hopefully after testing you should be up and running again. Not a hard job if you can access the board easy enough.... youtube.com is your friend loads of videos showing this process. Hope this helps..

also try this site I often got bulbs from them.

www.bright-components.co.uk

• Registered Users Posts: 25 Boarder1

Many thanks for the illuminating reply Malmsteen. I'm fairly certain it's a filament bulb (I know the photo I provided is not of great quality - a better one is attached). I'll definitely have a go at replacing it now that you've indicated that replacements for filament bulbs are still available. I assume that I'll need to get a 12V bulb as that is the input voltage to the circuit board. The circuit board is readily removable so that access to the underside is indeed possible. I'm grateful for the link to a supplier as my ebay, etc., searches to date have yielded only LED products. Thanks again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 131 ✭✭Malmsteen

Boarder1 wrote: »
    Many thanks for the illuminating reply Malmsteen. I'm fairly certain it's a filament bulb (I know the photo I provided is not of great quality - a better one is attached). I'll definitely have a go at replacing it now that you've indicated that replacements for filament bulbs are still available. I assume that I'll need to get a 12V bulb as that is the input voltage to the circuit board. The circuit board is readily removable so that access to the underside is indeed possible. I'm grateful for the link to a supplier as my ebay, etc., searches to date have yielded only LED products. Thanks again.

No problem here to help also try this link:

https://store.brightcomponents.co.uk/product/5x-clear-white-grain-of-wheat-bulb-lamp-12v-5-pieces/

Advertisement