If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

You know youre getting old when !

Options
  • 18-06-2020 4:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 574 ✭✭✭

Hello again John and co,

Normally I post here when I need to buy ( and that can become addictive )

This time I am just here to say thanks again for the quick and helpful service, even though I didnt make a purchase.

I have been a customer since the halfpenny bridge days. and thats not yesterday or the day before. Ill always remember arriving into the shop back then for only the 3rd or 4th time and John greeted me by saying to staff members, the following, " Lads, this customer has shares in the company , so look after him well." As someone in retail, I did use that line a few times as well afterwards  ( sorry John )

So why am I sharing all this useful info ?

Because I have passed on my HiFi nerdiness to my 3 sons, and today I get my surprise fathers day present in the post from Richer Sounds. A pair of Melomanias,

I have also passed on, the Yamaha/ Q Acoustics bug to all 3 of them.

It is truly more satisfying, getting a surprise from Richer Sounds in the post , than waiting for my own orders to arrive.

Sorry for the long post, but I had to share.

Over and out.

P3

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 816 ✭✭✭bog master

Phoenix3 wrote: »
    Hello again John and co,

This time I am just here to say thanks again for the quick and helpful service, even though I didnt make a purchase.

I have been a customer since the halfpenny bridge days. and thats not yesterday or the day before. Ill always remember arriving into the shop back then for only the 3rd or 4th time and John greeted me by saying to staff members, the following, " Lads, this customer has shares in the company , so look after him well." As someone in retail, I did use that line a few times as well afterwards  ( sorry John )

Because I have passed on my HiFi nerdiness to my 3 sons, and today I get my surprise fathers day present in the post from Richer Sounds. A pair of Melomanias,

It is truly more satisfying, getting a surprise from Richer Sounds in the post , than waiting for my own orders to arrive.

Over and out.

P3
    Another old timer from the Dublin days here. And even tho, have not made any purchases in a good while, with over 20 major items purchased, time is near to spend a few bob. Service has been top notch, friendly, professional and efficent.

Thanks to all!

Bogger

• Company Representative Posts: 4,457 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: DavidS

Hello again John and co,

Over and out.

P3
    Hi P3,

Thanks so much for your post, that was a great way to end the day!

Really can't thank you enough for your kind words - it really means a lot to us! The Melomanias would be a lovely surprise to receive through the post! I have a pair myself and they're never out of my ears!

Thanks again P3! If you do need anything else in the future just drop us a post or a phonecall!

Hope you have a great Fathers Day weekend!

Kind regards

David

• Registered Users Posts: 1,679 ✭✭✭MAJJ

I read this earlier and smiled. I'm at the stage now where in a few weeks I'll be getting my son his first speakers as he loves music too and I want him to appreciate the sound quality, even if it is likely to be over Bluetooth.

The shop at halfpenny bridge was that facing the bridge on the right of the arch? Was it always an RS shop as I remember drooling in there through most of my teens and dreaming of separates? I bought stuff there late eighties/early nineties including a large Aiwa all in one 😀

• Registered Users Posts: 284 ✭✭parttime

Still have my NAD I bought from ye 20 odd years ago!

• Registered Users Posts: 574 ✭✭✭Phoenix3

John

Can I add to my 1st post by suggesting some sort of a sub section to the RS page where we can have some sort of discussion amongst us RS boardies. I know there are similar threads on Boards, but for me they just dont work. I have thought this for a long time and think it good be a great opportunity for chat.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭vinniemac

MAJJ wrote: »
    I read this earlier and smiled. I'm at the stage now where in a few weeks I'll be getting my son his first speakers as he loves music too and I want him to appreciate the sound quality, even if it is likely to be over Bluetooth.

The shop at halfpenny bridge was that facing the bridge on the right of the arch? Was it always an RS shop as I remember drooling in there through most of my teens and dreaming of separates? I bought stuff there late eighties/early nineties including a large Aiwa all in one 😀
    Can't remember the name of that shop. Lafayette comes to mind, but I wouldn't be sure. RS was a little further down towards Capel St as far as I remember

• Registered Users Posts: 574 ✭✭✭Phoenix3

vinniemac wrote: »
    MAJJ wrote: »

Can't remember the name of that shop. Lafayette comes to mind, but I wouldn't be sure. RS was a little further down towards Capel St as far as I remember
    Spot on Lafayette. If I am correct that was before John opened RS. They were great times for HiFi nerds. I can't understand why we don't have 3 or 4 outlets now in our capital city. I am not a fanof the few hi brow slight stuffyoptio s available. 

John

Can I add to my 1st post by suggesting some sort of a sub section to the RS page where we can have some sort of discussion amongst us RS boardies. I know there are similar threads on Boards, but for me they just dont work. I have thought this for a long time and think it good be a great opportunity for chat.
    Hi P3,

I can certainly run it by him and see if he'll set one up!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,679 ✭✭✭MAJJ

Spot on Lafayette. If I am correct that was before John opened RS. They were great times for HiFi nerds. I can't understand why we don't have 3 or 4 outlets now in our capital city. I am not a fanof the few hi brow slight stuffyoptio s available. 

That's the one alright, cheers

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

Hi Guys,

apologies I have been really mental busy the last few daze and I had missed this thread :o

Thanks so much Phonenix / Majj / Bog Master / Part Time - really made me smile..

I've been with Richer Ireland since Day 1 and we, and you guys have all been through so much since 1995 and now this! Covid! Covid has been a really amazing time for us, we feel a little guilty that we are so busy and TBH at the moment we are struggling a bit to cope and our normal response standards have slipped a little but we are really trying to get back on top of all the mails and calls - but we have 13 colleagues in Richer Ireland and they are have all been fully paid throughout the COVID and working flat out so that is really positive.    

I know we say it all the time but we really would not be here still without the MOST amazing Customers and to be fair we have had some great Colleagues both now and over the years who have given us great support - and I have to give a special mention to the independent mod from Boards, The Ritz - he has been with us for years with a 'light touch' moderation, he keeps trying to escape our clutches but to date, thankfully his attempts have proven unsuccessful!

I have been trying to post a pic here but I'm really struggling - but here is a link to an early memory:
    https://www.facebook.com/RicherSoundsBelfast/photos/a.756286911072404/3336043056430097/?type=3&theater

The idea of a Richer Chat? I'll run it past The Ritz, but you can post across on the main Home Entertainment and create a thread - I'll happily sponsor and contribute to it:
    https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=863

On Dublin in the 70/80/90's - yep we DID have some great AV outlets ( and a few awful ones) , Audio Tek, Lafayette / Studio One / CEOL Hifi / Laskys / Harry Moore / HiFi Corner and countless more - the scene has changed but depending on how Brexit evolves, you may have one returning ;) ..

Thanks again Guys, really, really appreciate it,

Keep sending the kids in ( and listen to that new Bob Dylan album, it's actually quite good!

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,030 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

Listening yesterday to my Marantz CD/Mission floorstanders I got in RS London Bridge in 1994, both working grand!
    Have early Dublin purchases in the attic!!

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. EDDI, hot water cylinder, roof rails...

Public Profile active ads for slave1 (adverts.ie)

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

slave1 wrote: »
    Listening yesterday to my Marantz CD/Mission floorstanders I got in RS London Bridge in 1994...
    See - this is what we mean - whats the point of having Customers that only shop with us every 25 years :D

( I think SLAVE1 MAY have been back just once or twice since then..... :cool:)

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 490 ✭✭MHP

I remember yonks ago looking for an open-reel tape deck in Richer on the quays and being fed with mince pies. So if Brexit goes badly you might be opening in Dublin again?

It always good to hear the old stories from the Dublin days :)

• Registered Users Posts: 302 ✭✭kao123

A proper bricks and mortar RicherSounds HIFI store in Ireland again --->  Ouch... my credit card !
    It would be fantastic if that happens  

kao123 wrote: »
    A proper bricks and mortar RicherSounds HIFI store in Ireland again --->  Ouch... my credit card !
    It would be fantastic if that happens  
    Hey Kao123.

We can but dream :) 

For the mean time the Belfast store will look after all your needs ;) 

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.