Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can we have some fcuking control on the airports from high risk countries please?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,063 ✭✭✭✭josip

Rodin wrote: »
    Id be deterring travel from ALL countries for ALL travellers. Irrespective of passport.

ALL travelers?
    Including truck drivers?
    Including the workers who travel here to service and maintain essential equipment, like hospital ventilators?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,130 ✭✭✭Rodin

josip wrote: »
    ALL travelers?
    Including truck drivers?
    Including the workers who travel here to service and maintain essential equipment, like hospital ventilators?

The truck drivers don't need to come in. Only their cargo.
    Don't need so many ventilators these days.

You do realise that it's been explained here many times that Dublin Port does not have the capacity for unaccompanied HGVs?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 255 ✭✭bluelamp

It's great isn't it.

Nowhere near as dangerous as we thought last year. Nowhere near the expected fatality rate, numbers of deaths, or even cases.

Even with the super deadly variants.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,077 ✭✭✭Away With The Fairies

Does anyone know if the hotel staff have been vaccinated and what staff have they got? Is it regular people or people more qualified for a quarantining centre?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭Van.Bosch

Does anyone know if the hotel staff have been vaccinated and what staff have they got? Is it regular people or people more qualified for a quarantining centre?

Regular staff, no vaccines yet.

You do realise that it's been explained here many times that Dublin Port does not have the capacity for unaccompanied HGVs?

Then we can find some way around it.
    What we don't need is a load of Brazilian meat factory workers coming back from the Favelas bringing who knows what.
    10k for their quarantine will stop them travelling. If they still do, make it 20k. Repeat.

bluelamp wrote: »
    It's great isn't it.

Nowhere near as dangerous as we thought last year. Nowhere near the expected fatality rate, numbers of deaths, or even cases.

Even with the super deadly variants.

You can thank the lockdown.
    The experts have no appetite for seeing scenes like Brazil here and gloating "I told ya so." This virus is very real.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 255 ✭✭bluelamp

What we don't need is a load of Brazilian meat factory workers coming back from the Favelas bringing who knows what.

It's very clear your issue with foreign nationals goes far beyond your concern for covid.

They're not being charged half enough.
    The main point to quarantine is to deter travel.

Ah but sure, we've always welcomed tourists in. Covid or no covid, that doesn't change with us.

• Advertisement

Van.Bosch wrote: »
    Regular staff, no vaccines yet.

Well, they should be prioritized for vaccines. If hotel quarantining is starting this week, all mandatory hotel staff should get their vaccines tomorrow. Who the fück thought of all this?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭Van.Bosch

Well, they should be prioritized for vaccines. If hotel quarantining is starting this week, all mandatory hotel staff should get their vaccines tomorrow. Who the fück thought of all this?

Yeah, agree

bluelamp wrote: »
    It's very clear your issue with foreign nationals goes far beyond your concern for covid.

Id lock up Irish nationals too. I don't care what the inbound traveller's passport is.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,996 ✭✭✭✭gozunda

Uk enhancing its holiday travel restrictions. Id say they're trying to keep the lid on all those itchy feet sun worshippers.

https://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/entry/how-to-avoid-5000_uk_6059a290c5b6f12839d72a14?ncid=flipboard-HP

gozunda wrote: »
    Uk enhancing its holiday travel restrictions. Id say they're trying to keep the lid on all those itchy feet sun worshippers.

https://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/entry/how-to-avoid-5000_uk_6059a290c5b6f12839d72a14?ncid=flipboard-HP

As they should. They have the golden ticket close at hand with re-opening up domestically and getting the domestic economy going.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,096 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Oranage2 wrote: »
    Deter travel from countries that aren't really major players in the travel scene.

What is the full list of countries? I heard Brazil and South Africa but they don't fly direct to Ireland

• Registered Users Posts: 8 ssflyer

Okay it’s obvious at this stage you work for the Hse. The useless part ( no discussion unless u prove otherwise and I might apologise)
    Besides we live on an island who’s highly integrated into Europe. To say we’re not is a lie. The thing is we don’t live on the island alone, there is a border pretty big one to deal with. As I’ve said before antigen and pcr all good. Red lists outside Europe I’m fine with a ban. The above statement proves alone you have no idea how the economy even works which is mind blowing so again stop spouting

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,128 ✭✭✭✭Oranage2

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    What is the full list of countries? I heard Brazil and South Africa but they don't fly direct to Ireland

African countries

Angola
    Botswana
    Burundi
    Cape Verde
    Democratic Republic of the Congo
    Lesotho
    Malawi
    Eswatini
    Mauritius
    Mozambique
    Namibia
    Republic of South Africa
    Rwanda
    Seychelles
    Tanzania
    Zambia
    Zimbabwe

South American countries

Argentina
    Bolivia
    Brazil
    Chile
    Colombia
    Ecuador
    French Guiana
    Guyana
    Panama
    Paraguay
    Peru
    Suriname
    Uruguay
    Venezuela

Other countries

Austria
    United Arab Emirates

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,215 ✭✭✭Del Griffith

I knew it was those French Guianans. The whole time I've been saying it, it's them French Guianans at it, flying in here for the Guinness

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,664 ✭✭✭makeorbrake

votecounts wrote: »
    you sure about that, thought the requirement was just to self isolate at home, Only england has this hotel quarantine
    they would be obliged to follow the UK's quarantine system
    So you rock up to Belfast airport - and you tell them you'll be doing the 10 day self isolation in Lovely Leitrim. Are they going to have an issue with that?
    they are no flights from red list countries to belfast
    There are very few direct flights from any red list countries to dublin either. It makes no difference if they're direct or not.

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    So get this....I'm in latin america - and I'd be getting a flight to n.america - lets say my 2nd flight leaves new york for dublin. I get to dublin having shared a plane with the yanks and i'd get banged up in the Covid Seasons Intercontinental for 2 weeks and the rest of the plane wouldnt? In what planet does any of this nonsense make sense?

• Advertisement

It's all rather moot. It will be changed to all countries once the population has gotten used to the idea. Western governments have to introduce stuff like mandatory masks over the course of months so as to not shock people too much.

It's all rather moot. It will be changed to all countries once the population has gotten used to the idea. Western governments have to introduce stuff like mandatory masks over the course of months so as to not shock people too much.

Actually it will be the opposite.
    It will quietly disappear in 3 months when over half the adults will be vaccinated and case numbers will be in sharp decline.

It will quietly disappear in 3 months when over half the adults will be vaccinated and case numbers will be in sharp decline.

Hopefully, yeah.

ssflyer wrote: »
    Okay it’s obvious at this stage you work for the Hse. The useless part ( no discussion unless u prove otherwise and I might apologise)
    Besides we live on an island who’s highly integrated into Europe. To say we’re not is a lie. The thing is we don’t live on the island alone, there is a border pretty big one to deal with. As I’ve said before antigen and pcr all good. Red lists outside Europe I’m fine with a ban. The above statement proves alone you have no idea how the economy even works which is mind blowing so again stop spouting

What's the argument against quarantining all unnecessary travellers?
    We need to drive this virus down at all costs. This will take various strategies. One is to stop importing it.

So you rock up to Belfast airport - and you tell them you'll be doing the 10 day self isolation in Lovely Leitrim. Are they going to have an issue with that?

There are very few direct flights from any red list countries to dublin either. It makes no difference if they're direct or not.

So get this....I'm in latin america - and I'd be getting a flight to n.america - lets say my 2nd flight leaves new york for dublin. I get to dublin having shared a plane with the yanks and i'd get banged up in the Covid Seasons Intercontinental for 2 weeks and the rest of the plane wouldnt? In what planet does any of this nonsense make sense?

Of course it makes no sense.
    Whole plane should be quarantined.

• Registered Users Posts: 384 ✭✭terenc

What a fantastic corrupt country we live in, Mandatory hotel quarantine comes into effect this coming Friday and 5 large coaches full of fruit workers are unloaded at a government building in Thermonfectin, County Louth Friday , many more have already arrived into this country before this deadline so has to avoid the cost to cronies of this government in relation to there businesses taking workers from other countries.

Now that the vaccines are being rolled out and we can see a viable path to herd immunity over the next few months, we're also seeing an increasing panic among some posters who wanted Zero Covid/to keep us in permanent lockdown/close the borders.
    I think they can see that their dream is slipping away from them and they are never going to get what they had been hoping for.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,962 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

I was replying to the question asked
    Originally Posted by mean gene viewpost.gif
    can incoming passengers from red zone countries fly into the north and get a bus down

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,096 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Oranage2 wrote: »
    African countries

Angola
    Botswana
    Burundi
    Cape Verde
    Democratic Republic of the Congo
    Lesotho
    Malawi
    Eswatini
    Mauritius
    Mozambique
    Namibia
    Republic of South Africa
    Rwanda
    Seychelles
    Tanzania
    Zambia
    Zimbabwe

South American countries

Argentina
    Bolivia
    Brazil
    Chile
    Colombia
    Ecuador
    French Guiana
    Guyana
    Panama
    Paraguay
    Peru
    Suriname
    Uruguay
    Venezuela

Other countries

Austria
    United Arab Emirates

No EU, USA or UK

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭JojoLoca

I really hope so. This hotel quarantine measure is in place only for 3 months and will end in June, which is also when EU and most of countries are planning for travel re-opening. It would be really bad if they extend mandatory hotel quarantine to all EU countries, while the rest is will be implementing "Green passes" for travel.

Advertisement