Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can we have some fcuking control on the airports from high risk countries please?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,599 ✭✭✭✭For Forks Sake

jojofizzio wrote: »
    .influencers??.:D

shoot on sight.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,570 ✭✭✭Tyrone212

Is this real or are you taking the p1ss??:D::D

One returned voluntarily. 2 still on the run. One has a UK passport. The other an Irish. 3rd person not mentioned. They face a fine of up to 2 grand and/or one month in prison.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,151 ✭✭✭jojofizzio

Tyrone212 wrote: »
    One returned voluntarily. 2 still on the run. One has a UK passport. The other an Irish. 3rd person not mentioned. They face a fine of up to 2 grand and/or one month in prison.

Sorry,thought I read that two were Irish....regardless....they haven’t thought it through properly have they?12 days vs potentially 30 locked up:rolleyes:

How are the travellers who are put in these hotels going to afford €150 per day and what happens if you don’t pay?

• Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭NH2013

Had they already fully paid for the quarantine? Seems odd, like I’d understand if they hadn’t and were refusing to go based on the cost, but having already paid for it it seems strange to “escape”.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,348 ✭✭✭GhostyMcGhost

I see it now on the Independent website....not the Aussies,it’s three blokes who flew in from Dubai,two on UK and one on an Irish passport......influencers??.:D

Those on UK passports should be sent directly back to the airport from which they came from..... if you don’t respect the quarantine rules then GTFO simple as

• Registered Users Posts: 82,819 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

zorro2566 wrote: »
    How are the travellers who are put in these hotels going to afford €150 per day and what happens if you don’t pay?
    Terms of the contract would be "interesting" to say the least :D

• Registered Users Posts: 385 ✭✭quartz1

It will be interesting to see the approach taken towards the three. Hopefully they finish the quarantine in Mountjoy.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

Should be filmed

A covid version of Hunted

• Registered Users Posts: 3,130 ✭✭✭Rodin

faceman wrote: »
    So for those of you who agree that family of 5 should be in quarantine or that a PCR test is just a “snapshot in time”, here’s a tweet from an Irish consultant public health physician who has been pushing Ireland for a zero covid strategy since the start...

https://twitter.com/nicu_doc_salone/status/1375828693608624135?s=21

They might have been coming from Perth but who got on the plane in Dubai?

Makes no sense that they should not have to quarantine after sharing 7 hours of airplane air with others perhaps who are coming from UAE. They may have spent only 45 minutes in Dubai but Dubai may have spent 7 hours sitting beside them.

Why is this so hard to understand?
    Just make everyone quarantine. Much more simple.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,679 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

When found put them in high security solitary for the rest of their quarantine

• Registered Users Posts: 670 ✭✭✭fm

Rodin wrote: »
    They might have been coming from Perth but who got on the plane in Dubai?

Makes no sense that they should not have to quarantine after sharing 7 hours of airplane air with others perhaps who are coming from UAE. They may have spent only 45 minutes in Dubai but Dubai may have spent 7 hours sitting beside them.

Why is this so hard to understand?
    Just make everyone quarantine. Much more simple.

The only thing simple about it is you being able to type it on a keyboard

3 people escaping from mandatory quarantine after one day sums up the whole Govt response to this mess since the end of lockdown one.

An utter shambles. Either do it right or don't do it at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 688 ✭✭✭POBox19

3 people escaping from mandatory quarantine after one day sums up the whole Govt response to this mess since the end of lockdown one.

The Army is in charge. What could possibly go wrong???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 727 ✭✭✭NeuralNetwork

How did that happen?!

I thought we were going to be taking this seriously?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,468 ✭✭✭✭hotmail.com

They have given the nation a laugh.

Donnelly "what I can tell you" won't be pleased.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,324 ✭✭✭eeepaulo

Should be filmed

Or robot wars

I'm currently patrolling the edge of my 5k like sir killalot

POBox19 wrote: »
    The Army is in charge. What could possibly go wrong???

Probably a shock to them they have to do a bit of work.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,369 ✭✭✭Acosta

Should be filmed

Followed by a public flogging performed by Alan Kelly outside of T2 live on Eirsport.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 44 Alaninwondeand

If someone has mental health problems and travels back to Ireland then who takes care of them?

If someone has mental health problems and travels back to Ireland then who takes care of them?

Central mental hospital if necessary?

Those in favour of the quarantine didn't think through the consequences when they shouting about it in January.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,122 ✭✭✭mick087

Oh my god its totally unbelievable, people on the run from quarantine.

You couldn't make it up you really couldn't.

If they have to be committed to a mental hospital then presumably they’d be presented in front of a judge who would order it

• Registered Users Posts: 26,986 ✭✭✭✭Dempo1

Fully agree, what an absolute farce.

I don't get why a hotel at the airport is not being used solely for this program, I don't get Army personel prouncing about in camouflage attire, I actually don't get why the Army are involved at all given their constitutional mandate and roll. Has anyone asked how this looks internationally, has the look of a 3rd world dictatorship.

I don't get video coverage of people being transported like cattle to a hotel being permitted albeit from a distance.

WTF can't government stop people travelling and refuse entry, full stop. How difficult is is to say NO. Inform affected countries and airlines, update and remove as is required, it's not rocket science.

This charade is not just offensive and disturbing, it is also going to cost the state a fortune despite to G******* Stephen Donnellys assertions this will be cost neutral, My H***

Is maith an scáthán súil charad.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,077 ✭✭✭Away With The Fairies

Those on UK passports should be sent directly back to the airport from which they came from..... if you don’t respect the quarantine rules then GTFO simple as

Very hard to respect them when not everyone has to quarantine.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,598 ✭✭✭IngazZagni

A flight from Heathrow to Belfast today was so full they upgraded to a larger aircraft. No doubt people are simply going via Belfast now to avoid this.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

Acosta wrote: »
    Followed by a public flogging performed by Alan Kelly outside of T2 live on Eirsport.

Get Aodhan to interrogate them.

An hour with that dose and Id give anyone up....

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 44 Alaninwondeand

Very hard to respect them when not everyone has to quarantine.

Thank Arlene for that. The only thing I like about her..

Advertisement