Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can we have some fcuking control on the airports from high risk countries please?

Options

Comments

This is a symptom of all the **** that has been let slide over decades of Civil Service mismanagement and incompetence.

The cameras are on and they still **** up on this scale at the most important task at hand It is 3rd world tinpot stuff and really embarrassing for the country.

The rules and processes are laughable. Scrap it to ****.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,077 ✭✭✭Away With The Fairies

Does anyone know if there's a plan when the mandatory hotel quarantine facilities fill up?

From what I understand, in Australia, they had to stop flights coming in. I don't see that happening here.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

Does anyone know if there's a plan when the mandatory hotel quarantine facilities fill up?

From what I understand, in Australia, they had to stop flights coming in. I don't see that happening here.

They never going to fill up people will just be routing through Northern Ireland or the UK.

The Irish government seem to want to destroy the Irish Aviation industry further by nonsensical rules.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

They never going to fill up people will just be routing through Northern Ireland or the UK.

The Irish government seem to want to destroy the Irish Aviation industry further by nonsensical rules.

What's another industry ruined....

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,641 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

Rodin wrote: »
    They might have been coming from Perth but who got on the plane in Dubai?

Makes no sense that they should not have to quarantine after sharing 7 hours of airplane air with others perhaps who are coming from UAE. They may have spent only 45 minutes in Dubai but Dubai may have spent 7 hours sitting beside them.

Why is this so hard to understand?
    Just make everyone quarantine. Much more simple.

Take that up with the Irish Dr. Conroy in Australia who tweeted it. He’s a public health consultant and pro quarantine

But doesn’t sound pro quarantine for this family or perhaps anyone travelling from Australia to Ireland?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,130 ✭✭✭Rodin

faceman wrote: »
    Take that up with the Irish Dr. Conroy in Australia who tweeted it. He’s a public health consultant and pro quarantine

But doesn’t sound pro quarantine for this family or perhaps anyone travelling from Australia to Ireland?

Perhaps he's had an off day.
    If the plane flew direct from Perth to Dublin then he may have a point but it didn't so he doesn't.

I think you may have misrepresented his tweet.
    He's comparing the family to someone in France/UK. Asking why they should have to quarantine but French don't.
    Seems to me he's arguing for MORE quarantine and Im with him on that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,549 ✭✭✭Leftwaffe

Most advanced hotel quarantine in Europe by a country mile Donnelly said the last time I heard him talking about it! What a spoofer.

Is it correct to say that some people on a flight may have to quarantine and others won’t?

• Registered Users Posts: 33,075 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

What's another industry ruined....
    Johnny Logans less successful follow up single...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,952 ✭✭✭kravmaga

IngazZagni wrote: »
    A flight from Heathrow to Belfast today was so full they upgraded to a larger aircraft. No doubt people are simply going via Belfast now to avoid this.

A friend of mine works in Aer Lingus, Dublin airport ,he said flights from UAE, Dubai have all been full for weeks arriving into Dublin airport, the vast majority of pax are British, then heading up to Belfast by bus, car or train then flying back to UK airports from Belfast.

This has been going on for weeks, its not a new phenonium.

DAA know this also, so Im sure the government have been aware but too little too late as usual.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,570 ✭✭✭Tyrone212

kravmaga wrote: »
    A friend of mine works in Aer Lingus, he said flights from UAE, Dubai have all being full for weeks, then the majority of pax are British, flying back to UK via Belfast.

This has been going on for weeks, its not a new phenonium.

DAA know this also, so Im sure the government have been aware but too little too late as usual

I thought all flights in to Belfast were from the UK only at present. Maybe I'm wrong. They're going to introduce their own hotel quarantine when international flights resume as far as I know.

3 people escaping from mandatory quarantine after one day sums up the whole Govt response to this mess since the end of lockdown one.

An utter shambles. Either do it right or don't do it at all.

Yeah just read the article, I wonder who is in charge of security at the Crowne Plaza hotel in Santry, private security contractors or the Army?

That said what powers has a private security contractor or the Army personnel on duty to detain person/s who may wish to abscond the hotel quarantine?

https://www.rte.ie/news/coronavirus/2021/0327/1206551-coronavirus-hotel-quarantine-ireland/

Tyrone212 wrote: »
    I thought all flights in to Belfast were from the UK only at present. Maybe I'm wrong. They're going to introduce their own hotel quarantine when international flights resume as far as I know.

No , upon arrival into Dublin airport from Dubai direct with Emirates , the ex-pat British passengers were making their way to Belfast by any means, then getting flights back to UK airports via Belfast.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,477 ✭✭✭skinny90

Yeah just read the article, I wonder who is in charge of security at the Crowne Plaza hotel in Santry, private security contractors or the Army?

https://www.rte.ie/news/coronavirus/2021/0327/1206551-coronavirus-hotel-quarantine-ireland/

first of many id say

• Registered Users Posts: 8,208 ✭✭✭saabsaab

They will have to make an example of these to discourage further attempts.

saabsaab wrote: »
    They will have to make an example of these to discourage further attempts.

Yes, well 3 gone so far , many more to follow Im sure.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,641 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

• Registered Users Posts: 6,740 ✭✭✭Wanderer2010

zorro2566 wrote: »
    How are the travellers who are put in these hotels going to afford €150 per day and what happens if you don’t pay?

This whole situation has shone a very blinding light on how unequal the way certain factions of society are treated during this pandemic. You can be guaranteed that the travellers will be excused having to quarantine under some exemption involving their culture. And it will be very interesting to see how many Americans who have no negative test will be treated.
    I know we bend over for the USA and we bow to all their multi nationals and army stopover planes but its an absolute joke that the USA isnt on that list, given how serious a problem they are still having with the virus.

This whole situation has shone a very blinding light on how unequal the way certain factions of society are treated during this pandemic. You can be guaranteed that the travellers will be excused having to quarantine under some exemption involving their culture. And it will be very interesting to see how many Americans who have no negative test will be treated.
    I know we bend over for the USA and we bow to all their multi nationals and army stopover planes but its an absolute joke that the USA isnt on that list, given how serious a problem they are still having with the virus.

Americans will be mostly vaccinated by the summer. They won’t be of concern.

• Registered Users Posts: 82,818 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

They will if we haven't reached a decent level of vaccination here before opening back up, those vaccinated can still spread it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,676 ✭✭✭strandroad

I'd like to know how many refuse! They might not be the passport holding kind though.

• Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭NH2013

They will if we haven't reached a decent level of vaccination here before opening back up, those vaccinated can still spread it.

Have the vaccines not been found to reduce transmission by 98%? In particular the mRNA ones. That's effectively stopped transmission in my book.

That’s been knocked on the head over the few days.

Any more information on the 3 absconders?

You’d think with borders closed and NZ being on top of covid that their health service would be in good shape.

Oh.

https://amp.rnz.co.nz/article/b4455a48-c12e-421f-9c99-9e3a868b0e88?__twitter_impression=true

You’d think with borders closed and NZ being on top of covid that their health service would be in good shape.

Oh.

https://amp.rnz.co.nz/article/b4455a48-c12e-421f-9c99-9e3a868b0e88?__twitter_impression=true

Just think of what it would be with Covid to deal with as well!

• Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

Oh.

People in corridors lol, thats called a week day in an Irish Hospital. Some amount of straw clutching there to find a negative.

Oh.

They have the same problems facing all public health systems.. an aging population and chronic disease.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,061 ✭✭✭✭normanoffside

saabsaab wrote: »
    Just think of what it would be with Covid to deal with as well!

You mean instead.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,929 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

Tonight one of the two missing men who absconded was located and in Waterford and returned to the Crowne Plaza.

The other man is believed to be a Northern Irish native and potentially went back over the border, sources say
    https://www.independent.ie/world-news/coronavirus/three-people-abscond-from-hotel-quarantine-in-dublin-40246285.html

Advertisement