Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can we have some fcuking control on the airports from high risk countries please?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,208 ✭✭✭saabsaab

Stay at home except for essential reasons as the below taken from CI states.

'Stay at home, except:
    Work from home, unless your work is an essential service that cannot be done from home.
    You should not visit other households except for essential purposes. You can meet with one other household outdoors when taking exercise.'

Most would not have an essential reason to travel by air.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,679 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

What’s all this about varadkar and Coveney blocking eu countries from being included on the quarantine list??

saabsaab wrote: »

'Stay at home, except:
    Work from home, unless your work is an essential service that cannot be done from home.
    You should not visit other households except for essential purposes. You can meet with one other household outdoors when taking exercise.'

Who is that directed at?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,467 ✭✭✭✭hotmail.com

Indo has a story about 2 women refusing to go to the quarantine being arrested.

They will appear in court tomorrow. Interesting to see what the judge makes of it.

Irish citizens should be allowed to go home in peace.

They will appear in court tomorrow. Interesting to see what the judge makes of it.

Why? The virus doesn’t respect passports

• Advertisement

How about,

4.) Variants will exist for the rest of human existence since this disease will become endemic, so disrupting all connection with the rest of the world is a pointless and costly endeavour.

How about we wait at least until the vaccines are rolled out so stopping any developing variants? Its not too long now.

Well Simon Coveney said it does.. he says it's not fair for Irish people living in France or the US having to quarantine.

Even Sinn Fein today said there should be compassionate exemptions for people returning for funerals.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭SPDUB

Not when they are coming back from cosmetic surgery trip in Dubai

Well Simon Coveney said it does.. he says it's not fair for Irish people living in France or the US having to quarantine.

Even Sinn Fein today said there should be compassionate exemptions for people returning for funerals.

Yet that funeral goer may infect potentially 10s of ppl at the funeral who go on to spread it exponentially?

Crazy

SPDUB wrote: »
    Not when they are coming back from cosmetic surgery trip in Dubai

That's no one else's business why they went.

• Advertisement

Non essential travel surely

Who is that directed at?

Everyone, current regulations. No exemptions for non essential air travel.

• Registered Users Posts: 741 ✭✭✭tjhook

well that was a whole load of nonsense

Hi, having a a bad day?
    A, Gardai arent turning anyone back. You are advised to return home OR face a fine if you continue your journey
    Yes, that's the current situation. I'm discussing what could be done if that was changed.
    B, Turn people back that are Irish residents and citizens is against human rights and the UN's 'right to return'. That wasnt well thought out at all.
    So it might be considered... "critical"? Like I suggested travel for "critical purposes" should be allowed? Whereas traveling in or out of the country for a holiday isn't critical.
    C, for I dunno, the hundreth time maybe, 5km IS ONLY FOR EXERCISE. Nothing else, no other reason. Just exercise
    That's the headline. I'm sure if I drive across the country to do my shopping (no exercise) the Gardai won't have any problem. Whatever about the headline, the reality is that no nonessential travel is being allowed outside of 5km.
    E, All persons within the state including those that have arrived are subject to the same level 5 restrictions so they can only travel to their residence, as you can.
    Yes, and if that's the case there should be nobody arriving for a visit or a holiday. Since their home isn't here. Like I said.
    Where is your logic in all of this?
    Viewpoints contrary to your own can have logic too.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,929 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

• Registered Users Posts: 33,048 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

Exactly, makes no odds about their nationality.
    Two eejits insta-huns travelling for cosmetic surgery ffs....

Two women arrested after refusing to go to quarantine hotel after returning from Dubai https://jrnl.ie/5399796

• Registered Users Posts: 11,929 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

you accusing people of being nosy? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,588 ✭✭✭lawrencesummers

If they had the time and wherewithal to get the right legal advice this could have a very interesting outcome in light of the AG advice during the week on freedom of movement, but they probably don’t and won’t.

This could be a test case that ends the quarantined system, but chances are it will be adjourned.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

If they going for that type of trip they might have the cash to pay for a good Legal Team.

This law is flawed i would suspect so if they willing to pay , they could make a fool of the state.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 727 ✭✭✭NeuralNetwork

[Sarcasm]

It’s important that we have a diplomatic negotiation with the virus and its representatives and even more important that everyone takes quarantine as a personal insult and throws a massive hissyfit, throwing their toys out of the pram and stamping their feet up and down threatening legal action.

That’s the best way of ensuring we don’t have to spend billions upon billions dealing with new strains and shutting down our economy over and over.

I mean imagine if we offended someone? Just look at how everyone’s up in arms condemning Australia and NZ for their unfriendly policies. They’ve been completely cut off from global trade, right?

[/sarcasm]

One has to wonder why didn't the President refer the Bill to the Supreme Court.

• Advertisement

So they travelled for medical reasons.....

• Registered Users Posts: 33,048 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

So they travelled for medical reasons.....
    I am not sure cosmetic surgery counts...but even if it does...they can't just skip quarantine because they feel like it

One has to wonder why didn't the President refer the Bill to the Supreme Court.

No constitutional issues?

gmisk wrote: »
    I am not sure cosmetic surgery counts...but even if it does...they can't just skip quarantine because they feel like it

Surgery is a medical procedure.

Cosmetic surgery isn’t always a vanity decision. Most of the time it is, but not always.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,641 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

saabsaab wrote: »

'Stay at home, except:

Just on the bit highlighted in bold. This isn’t being enforced and hasn’t been since lockdown 1. Not doubting the legitimacy of it, just pointing out the obvious

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,641 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

gmisk wrote: »

It does count believe it or not.

Regardless of what is going on politically with MHQ the 2 women will be made an example of tomorrow.

tjhook wrote: »
    Hi, having a a bad day?

Yes, that's the current situation. I'm discussing what could be done if that was changed.

So it might be considered... "critical"? Like I suggested travel for "critical purposes" should be allowed? Whereas traveling in or out of the country for a holiday isn't critical.

That's the headline. I'm sure if I drive across the country to do my shopping (no exercise) the Gardai won't have any problem. Whatever about the headline, the reality is that no nonessential travel is being allowed outside of 5km.

Yes, and if that's the case there should be nobody arriving for a visit or a holiday. Since their home isn't here. Like I said.

Viewpoints contrary to your own can have logic too.

Logic remains absent.

When you have figured out the 5km limit correctly, we shall move to the next point.

faceman wrote: »
    It does believe it or not.

Regardless of what is going on politically with MHQ the 2 women will be made an example of tomorrow.

It does not. The regulations state ESSENTIAL surgery.

The word "essential" was inputted after the whole Spanish dental appointments fiasco

• Advertisement

Logic remains absent.

When you have figured out the 5km limit correctly, we shall move to the next point.

If I ever have the pleasure of meeting you I’m getting you a t-shirt that says “5km is for exercise only ya gob****es” :D:D

Advertisement