Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can we have some fcuking control on the airports from high risk countries please?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,996 ✭✭✭✭gozunda

Tyrone212 wrote: »
    Two old vain gets heading off to Dubai for some home improvements then playing the victim when they return thinking the rules are beneath them. They won't be able to insta from their cell tonight. Light a candle for them. Court in the morning.

Great optics for 'essential' travel - not flying once to Dubai in the last couple of weeks- but twice for cosmetic procedures are then claiming to having no money"
    It was their second trip to the Middle East as they had cosmetic surgery there a few weeks ago, only to have to fly back again...

The women said they had spent all of their money and had no other funds but were not allowed to board the flight.

https://www.irishmirror.ie/news/irish-news/dublin-airport-arrests-women-dubai-23846065.amp?utm_medium=referral&utm_source=upday

They both must have very well paying jobs ....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

I love the sorry story, they both have kids that are dependent on them. Eh, their kids didn't stop them from flying off.

Who provided The Mirror with their passport photos?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,301 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

I love the sorry story, they both have kids that are dependent on them. Eh, their kids didn't stop them from flying off.
    Twice...in the space of a couple of weeks...

• Registered Users Posts: 725 ✭✭✭M_Murphy57

The paid for not 1 but 2 trips to Dubai in the last few weeks for cosmetic surgery but tried to claim financial hardship and special circumstances when asked to pay for hotel quarantine?

I think mhq is a ridiculous idea (especially the piss poor ad hoc way Donnelly is adding countries to the list) but these 2 are very clearly just chancers. I cant believe a local politician got involved in this nonsense.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,077 ✭✭✭Away With The Fairies

Who provided The Mirror with their passport photos?

Have no idea. But if it's about money, there should be a way to pay it back afterwards. I'm sure they wouldn't have a problem paying it back in the future with the amount of trips to Dubai they have had.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

M_Murphy57 wrote: »
    The paid for not 1 but 2 trips to Dubai in the last few weeks for cosmetic surgery

Must have decent incomes to afford that

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,555 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

Interesting how they've tried to implicate Coveney in getting a waiver form

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,647 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

The saddest part of this entire story is that a 25 year old and 30 year old feel the need to have cosmetic surgery.

That’s utterly sad on so many levels

A study in the US found that 72% of people seeking cosmetic surgery have mental health issues.

They were denied boarding and were “roaming the streets and the airport” for 2 days. That’s unacceptable. Herein lies the problem. They’re Irish citizens and this MHQ issue isn’t straightforward.

Yes they had money for cosmetic surgery. I don’t know if they were aware of MHQ before they left but regardless the state cannot leave citizens stranded.

Of course the mob would rather see them burn.

faceman wrote: »
    A study in the US found that 72% of people seeking cosmetic surgery have mental health issues.

They were denied boarding and were “roaming the streets and the airport” for 2 days. That’s unacceptable. Herein lies the problem. They’re Irish citizens and this MHQ issue isn’t straightforward.

Yes they had money for cosmetic surgery. I don’t know if they were aware of MHQ before they left but regardless the state cannot leave citizens stranded.

Is there anything to help people out to pay the cost of quarantining back in future?

Sounds like these girls wouldn't have a problem paying it back in future... Before their next trip to Dubai.

• Registered Users Posts: 294 ✭✭kingstevii

Is there nowhere else to get cosmetic surgery besides dubai? How are they even allowed to go court when they're meant to be quarantining? Gemma greene was sent off when the judge found out she should be still quarantining after her trip to Spain..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,617 ✭✭✭lawrencesummers

I presume 72% of the general US population has mental health problems.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭ginoginelli

Coveney has finally shown his true colours. The rumour that it has been some Senior Finna Gael members - whom are dogmatically pro EU, as well as having the ear of big business lobby groups - that have been styming travel restrictions and hotel quaratine from the get go, looks to hold some weight.

Remember months ago it was all about the north making it impossible? Since Britain's introcduction of stricter travel restrictions that argument became increasingly untenable and they have been forced to change tack. Now, their latest charade, is to erroneously obscure the interpretation of eu law to suit their crony driven agenda.

What a slimey, self serving bunch of cretins.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,647 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

Is there anything to help people out to pay the cost of quarantining back in future?

Sounds like these girls wouldn't have a problem paying it back in future... Before their next trip to Dubai.

There should be but there’s not. The website doesn’t give it as an option

• Registered Users Posts: 2,677 ✭✭✭Happydays2020

The last year has revealed something horrible in Irish people.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,826 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

Can someone explain why they have Austria on List if EU countries are supposedly out of the question to add to the list

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,301 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

kingstevii wrote: »
    Is there nowhere else to get cosmetic surgery besides dubai? How are they even allowed to go court when they're meant to be quarantining? Gemma greene was sent off when the judge found out she should be still quarantining after her trip to Spain..
    I would say it's the most popular along with Turkey tbh, a lot cheaper than in ireland

Why people get it is the question most of it looks horrendous, people wrecking their lips to make them look like ducks.

gmisk wrote: »
    I would say it's the most popular along with Turkey tbh.

Why people get it is the question most of it looks horrendous, people wrecking their lips to make them look like ducks.

Yep. Friend of the wife had it done in some place in Albania or Turkey (can’t remember exactly).

She initially found out about it via Facebook.

Became obsessed with it, wouldn’t listen to anyone urging caution.

She was almost groomed by the surgery who did it - daily emails and phone calls to her.

She was getting emails counting down until the “big day” of her surgery

Awful result. She admitted as much

Don’t ask me what effect she was going for but this was definitely not it.

She said herself that had she known how it would turn out she’d have stayed at home and kept her money.

Not to cast aspersions on anyone mental health but in 2018 the American Society of Plastic Surgeons detailed that almost 18 million people underwent cosmetic procedures in the United States. At 72% that's a helluva amount of mental health issues ...

"Burn" eh ok but no. I say that is more correct to say that they should be treated no differently to anyone else.

The pair appear to have deliberately decided to travel against government advice for non essential purposes - not once but twice and then refused to pay for quarantine- which resulted in them allegedly "roaming the streets". Something two western ladies in Dubai atm - would not be permitted to do ime. They'd be picked up by the police there quicker than a dodgy botox injection.

Seems like the state stepped in to get the ladies home eitherway.

Can someone explain why they have Austria on List if EU countries are supposedly out of the question to add to the list

Well I dunno but Ireland was on Germanys banned list up to March I think.

We also share a protected Common Travel Area with the UK .

Austria is currently on their banned list. We've already had the situation where people from the UK were travelling here as a dodge to avoid UK travel restrictions. That puts a stop to same.

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭Karlos77

They should have kept them in dubai with their pathetic duck lips...obsessed with themselves ..absolute fake morons

• Advertisement

gozunda wrote: »
    Well I dunno but Ireland was on Germanys banned list up to March I think.

We also share a protected Common Travel Area with the UK .

Austria is currently on their banned list. We've already had the situation where people from the UK were travelling here as a dodge to avoid UK travel restrictions. That puts a stop to same.

What I can’t understand is that they put Austria on the list initially but then when they were proposing to add France and Germany all of a sudden Coveney and co start saying we can’t put eu countries on it.

Eh, what? Austria for one is already on it

What? They travelled, they didn't have the required paperwork to board the plane and when that was waived, they still decided to give the finger.

No embassy is trumping up cash to citizens that flew against not only recommendations, but the law.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

Coveney has finally shown his true colours. The rumour that it has been some Senior Finna Gael members - whom are dogmatically pro EU, as well as having the ear of big business lobby groups - that have been styming travel restrictions and hotel quaratine from the get go, looks to hold some weight.

Remember months ago it was all about the north making it impossible? Since Britain's introcduction of stricter travel restrictions that argument became increasingly untenable and they have been forced to change tack. Now, their latest charade, is to erroneously obscure the interpretation of eu law to suit their crony driven agenda.

What a slimey, self serving bunch of cretins.

Sure it was always about Feeny Dum and Finny Dee staying on the good side of their bosses.

Seriously? Cosmetic surgery in Dubai
    I doubt they attended
    Too busy instagramming from the pool

The Notion from the government that they cant ban countries with EU freedom to travel is an obvious lie given Germany banned us

Why not introduce a vaccination only international flying rule like the USA has just done
    That would require a brain

kingstevii wrote: »

She was on bail for a non covid related offence and agreed to quarantine at home.

These two are refusing to quarantine and can't get station bail as it would just mean they are commiting the offence daily.

In regards payment, folks would ye every wise up. The state pays when you won't. It's on the state then to try and recover the money from you but again, these two geniuses reckon they can just refuse to go to the hotel and that's that.

In regards payment, folks would ye every wise up. The state pays when you won't. It's on the state then to try and recover the money from you but again, these two geniuses reckon they can just refuse to go to the hotel and that's that.

Which they will just deduct from the P.U.P :D

Can anyone explain how or why 14,000 flew into Ireland last week but only 241 booked for quarantine?

Surely those 241 shared flights with the other 13, 760 passengers that came in?

Am I thick or something but we treat a few people as if they are diseased and have to quarantine but the other 13,760 that they shared flights with are grand and free to do what they want?

Uh - oh, Dr Mike Ryan of the WHO, saying that covid won't be eradicated and not mentioning any countries, saying we need better control so that it's not always in our face. Then goes on and mention New Zealand and how well they have done.

Can somebody tell him that we can't be like NZ and can't live a happy, normal life with closed borders?

https://m.independent.ie/videos/dr-mike-ryan-were-not-going-to-eradicate-covid-19-in-foreseeable-future-40268481.html?fbclid=IwAR1io1okUNj935r1qDY8nxC27JxEINuXWrvQ3iZRG43R0BLZguUmrAmZSXg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,127 ✭✭✭✭normanoffside

There's no mandatory hotel quarantine in the north

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,768 ✭✭✭timsey tiger

AuntySnow wrote: »
    Seriously? Cosmetic surgery in Dubai
    I doubt they attended
    Too busy instagramming from the pool

The Notion from the government that they cant ban countries with EU freedom to travel is an obvious lie given Germany banned us

Why not introduce a vaccination only international flying rule like the USA has just done
    That would require a brain

Austria is on our banned list. I guess Hitler was Austrian so this is ok or something. Not sure what Andorra did tho.

Maybe they heard that Mary Lou's kids were off skiing again. :D

Advertisement