Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can we have some fcuking control on the airports from high risk countries please?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,130 ✭✭✭Rodin

VeryWise wrote: »
    I actually think they should be allowed continue the rugby. I am glad it’s back for the general morale as much as anything else.

I just mean it shows that trying to impose quarantine on travel from France to stop variants is impractical. But if you are going to try then the only option is much tighter restrictions. There is an obsession with travel related cases at the moment but as you say they are only a marginal factor.

Nonsense.
    Every case here is travel related.

Whether it's one, two, three degrees of separation, it's all travel related.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,647 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

Rodin wrote: »
    Nonsense.

Does that mean you support reopening hospitality and the economy tomorrow then?

I mean if all cases are travel related then what have we closed the economy for?

• Registered Users Posts: 604 ✭✭✭a_squirrelman

Nonsense.

Then every case everywhere is travel related. Should every border close until all 8 billion of us are vaccinated?

faceman wrote: »
    Does that mean you support reopening hospitality and the economy tomorrow then?

I mean if all cases are travel related then what have we closed the economy for?

The point is that we should have been reducing the travel into the state to reduce the importation of virus.
    The Brazil and South African variants didn't swim here. Any community transfer of those variants is because of the initial importation.

The economy is not closed by the way.
    PLENTY of people working and spending.

However if you want to say economic activity is reduced....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,994 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

You can travel from France to any EU country, and although it is discouraged it is not banned.

So you take a train etc. to a neighbouring EU country that does not require MHQ here, and over you come . Am I right?

• Advertisement

You can travel from France to any EU country, and although it is discouraged it is not banned.

So you take a train etc. to a neighbouring EU country that does not require MHQ here, and over you come . Am I right?

no

Read the full actual legislation and do not rely on dublinlive, etc for your info. My children know more about it than those rags

If you have been in one of the designated countries in the previous 14 days REGARDLESS of where you traveled from, stopped in or simple transited.

no

Read the full actual legislation and do not rely on dublinlive, etc for your info. My children know more about it than those rags

If you have been in one of the designated countries in the previous 14 days REGARDLESS of where you traveled from, stopped in or simple transited.

And how would anyone know where I was for 14 days?
    You're giving the Gardaí too much credit.

And how would anyone know where I was for 14 days?
    You're giving the Gardaí too much credit.

Thats a secondary issue concerning being caught. The question wasnt could he break the law to my eyes but an undertstanding of it as it stands.

Your traveller information within the EU is easily found for upto 3 years by the way. Schengen Information System has existed for a long time now and the theres no direct flights from Australia by the way. How were they found?

You fail to give the Gardai due credit. When the legal powers and time is there, Gardai can do a lot

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,996 ✭✭✭✭gozunda

faceman wrote: »
    I did. Along with this and a number of studies on viral variants and vaccine resistant.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2021-02-11/worries-about-viral-resistance-to-covid-19-vaccines-are-overdone

Ah so we should "think of the variants!" :pac:

Fair enough!

Thats a secondary issue concerning being caught. The question wasnt could he break the law to my eyes but an undertstanding of it as it stands.

Your traveller information within the EU is easily found for upto 3 years by the way. Schengen Information System has existed for a long time now and the theres no direct flights from Australia by the way. How were they found?

You fail to give the Gardai due credit. When the legal powers and time is there, Gardai can do a lot

They haven't been doing too much enforcement where I am.

• Advertisement

They haven't been doing too much enforcement where I am.

Again irrelevant and a personal opinion.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,647 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

The point is that we should have been reducing the travel into the state to reduce the importation of virus.
    The Brazil and South African variants didn't swim here. Any community transfer of those variants is because of the initial importation.

The economy is not closed by the way.
    PLENTY of people working and spending.

However if you want to say economic activity is reduced....

Not sure where you live but I’m pretty sure non essential retail and hospitality/entertainment is closed everywhere else and has been since December not to mention a substantial part of 2020.

Unless of course you’re referring to the black economy being open. It’s no secret that hairdressers and builders working on private homes are working under the radar. They’re ok with breaking covid rules though.

With 25% of the workforce on unemployment/PUP, a figure which increases to 30% when you exclude the public sector.

What a waste. Turns out all cases are travel related and there was no need to close any of it.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,077 ✭✭✭Away With The Fairies

So the journal has a piece about the two women who travelled to get boob jobs.

Turns out they never got the work done. So sounds like it was an excuse when they were caught out on their holiday.

Then the flights and procedures were gifts from family... Who the fück gives that as a gift to family and at a time when you're not meant to be traveling? "Eh, yeah, thanks dad for the new tits." But that has to be a lie as well. More like a holiday as a gift.

Also one of the girl's parents were minding the kids and they have to return to work in a few days and they're now worried about childcare... Are they still not meant to be self-isolating even if it's home quarantining? Coming home and picking up the kids from their grandparents is not self isolating.

And these two were only caught because they came from Dubai. Imagine all the people who's meant to be self isolating coming home from Spain.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,116 ✭✭✭bazermc

Free the boobai two

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

So much stuff about these two women. They were obviously idiotic to try and dodge out and try it back in again, but yet it's only two people. There's 500 cases every day that all can't be accidental transmission, some/a lot are obviously being too reckless and becoming infected from their actions, where's the stories about those? Some of those could pick up the variants from people who already have it here, knowingly or not. The novelty of the 'boob job' stuff has some people lapping up the press popcorn.

Turns out they never got the work done. So sounds like it was an excuse when they were caught out on their holiday.

Then the flights and procedures were gifts from family... Who the fück gives that as a gift to family and at a time when you're not meant to be traveling? "Eh, yeah, thanks dad for the new tits." But that has to be a lie as well. More like a holiday as a gift.

Also one of the girl's parents were minding the kids and they have to return to work in a few days and they're now worried about childcare... Are they still not meant to be self-isolating even if it's home quarantining? Coming home and picking up the kids from their grandparents is not self isolating.

And these two were only caught because they came from Dubai. Imagine all the people who's meant to be self isolating coming home from Spain.

You’ve left our other key bits of information with your analysis from the article. Also it’s not specified why they didn’t go through with it.

Btw Spain has lower covid rates than Ireland so :p You couldn’t catch it in my health district if you tried

• Registered Users Posts: 3,427 ✭✭✭ZX7R

They couldn't pay the bail issued, the high court has ordered a inquiry into their current detention in mount joy prison.
    If found that they are detained unlawfully under the Constitution,big implications for any further mandatory quarantine directly or indirectly
    Source rte news.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,772 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

ZX7R wrote: »
    They couldn't pay the bail issued, the high court has ordered a inquiry into their current detention in mount joy prison.
    If found that they are detained unlawfully under the Constitution,big implications for any further mandatory quarantine directly or indirectly
    Source rte news.

But the inquiry is directed to the governor of Mount Joy not on the mandatory quarantine issue.

When they missed their first flight - who paid them to re-book flights? - was this another family member? Who was going to pay the €500 fine that both would be getting on returning to Ireland for taking a non-essential holiday?

This was the second time that they went to Dubai - what happen the first time - given that they haven't had the surgery.

There is a lot more to this story than is being reported - and each day the story changes - dare i say it shows the standard of reporting/journalism in this country now - anything that can be thrown up online as news with no body checking facts.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,579 ✭✭✭✭hotmail.com

High Court has now ordered an inquiry into the legality of their detention.

Big case now. The State could be found to be acting unlawfully.

The circumstances of their travel needs are not the issue here.

Quarantine in hotels could be tits up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

Ace2007 wrote: »
    There is a lot more to this story than is being reported - and each day the story changes - dare i say it shows the standard of reporting/journalism in this country now - anything that can be thrown up online as news with no body checking facts.

The fact it's even a big story shows the quality of reporting more to be honest.

• Advertisement

But the inquiry is directed at the Governor of the prison, not the state.:rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

These women gonna get paid!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,936 ✭✭✭Jizique

Taxpayer will end up having to pay them compo yet

i'd say their family and friends are going to be very annoyed at them, imagine paying towards them getting cosmetic work done, and then they just go for a holiday and not get the work done - i assume they will have lost deposits for the cosmetic work and all - such a waste of money...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,427 ✭✭✭ZX7R

But the inquiry is directed to the governor of Mount Joy not on the mandatory quarantine issue.

When they missed their first flight - who paid them to re-book flights? - was this another family member? Who was going to pay the €500 fine that both would be getting on returning to Ireland for taking a non-essential holiday?

This was the second time that they went to Dubai - what happen the first time - given that they haven't had the surgery.

Doesn't matter who the inquiry is issued to, the judge granted a constitutional challenge to the laws used against them.
    This could have big implications for mandatory quarantine, directly or indirectly, if the law is found to be wanting in any

ZX7R wrote: »
    Doesn't matter who the inquiry is issued to, the judge granted a constitutional challenge to the laws used against them.
    This could have big implications for mandatory quarantine, directly or indirectly, if the law is found to be wanting in any

The inquiry is not directed at the law though - it's more directed at the bail conditions - for instance had the judge set bail at having to quarantine at hotel and deferred the hotel payment, would they still be objecting to bail?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,915 ✭✭✭gifted

Influx of returning paddys next week screaming to be quarantined......hoping they'll get compensation later on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭NSAman

Jizique wrote: »
    Taxpayer will end up having to pay them compo yet

Oh great, shows you that Ireland is screwed. From what I have read, sole source of income is unmarried mothers allowance, no money for MHQ and no one to look after their children (who looked after them while the boobs were being done?), legal aid granted, and pictures of Balenciaga trainers?

Something rotten in the State of Ireland.

Yet me, as an Irish citizen living abroad has not been outside the door for a year and a half, Quarantined properly, not gone on any trips at all (longest stay in one place since I was 12), might still have to mandatory quarantine, despite having a vaccine (next week) and would travel with a pc test done prior to travel, and also purchase one at home to protect those in Ireland?

Guess it’s all who your free legal representative is!

Their address was printed in other news articles. One of them living in an apartment in temple bar. Checked daft for a similar property in same apartment building.

Imagine being like this.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,599 ✭✭✭Red Silurian

The inquiry is not directed at the law though - it's more directed at the bail conditions - for instance had the judge set bail at having to quarantine at hotel and deferred the hotel payment, would they still be objecting to bail?

Weren't they initially allowed to pay for their quarantine at a later date? Seems strange that their bail conditions required lodged payments from that point of view... Mind you the ladies initially said they would hotel quarantine just to get on the flight

Advertisement