Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can we have some fcuking control on the airports from high risk countries please?

Options

Comments

I was asking about this on another thread, they had already been given waiver letters in Dubai. It's the ad-hoc nature of this scheme, bizarrely being administered by the foreign affairs dept., which should be given more scrutiny as to it's transparency. They were given waivers after interventions by Christy Burke and Simon Coveney. As to what investigations were made to establish non affordability your guess is as good as mine.

They weren't given waivers. They were given the information about the scheme

You need to apply here at the center, not while in the beach in dubai

• Registered Users Posts: 4,754 ✭✭✭standardg60

They weren't given waivers. They were given the information about the scheme

You need to apply here at the center, not while in the beach in dubai

Not so, the letters contain a code which lets travellers book the hotel without paying. Otherwise they can't board the flight. So in essence the waiver is already given.
    The DFA has stated that it's then a matter for the justice and health depts. to decide whether payment should be made upon arrival.

How can another dept. decide something that another dept. has already decided?

There is clearly an inter-departmental spat going on here between Coveney and Donnelly.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,463 ✭✭✭✭Calahonda52

Possibly, the mothers have a lot to answer for, off over to UAE for a boob job and leaving the kids with somebody who couldn't look after them during their quarantine

Which they never had, so it looks like repeat of the Canary dentist essential scam

“I can’t pay my staff or mortgage with instagram likes”.

• Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭mcgragger

But Judge we have no money for a quarantine hotel -
    But Judge we have no money for bail -
    But Judge we have nobody to look after our kids -

Answer to all the questions is - None of that was a problem when you ****ed off to to the MIDDLE EAST for an exercise in vanity.

**** the pair of them. They deserve everything they get before they head back to their council houses and collect their lone parents allowances.

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭Lmkrnr

mcgragger wrote: »
    But Judge we have no money for a quarantine hotel -
    But Judge we have no money for bail -
    But Judge we have nobody to look after our kids -

Answer to all the questions is - None of that was a problem when you ****ed off to to the MIDDLE EAST for an exercise in vanity.

**** the pair of them They deserve everything they get ]before they head back to their council houses and collect their lone parents allowances.

They got a free trip.
    They got free Hotel quarentine.
    They got free lone parents money.
    They got a council house.
    They got a free solicitor.
    They are also gonna be free soon.
    They got free publicity.

Win win

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭Cunning Stunt

What happened to the other thread on this? I cant find it.
    News says they didnt even get the procedures done after travelling there?
    Edit - just wondering how they couldnt pay for quarantine or bail if they hadnt usedtheir op monies...:/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,677 ✭✭✭Happydays2020

Not so, the letters contain a code which lets travellers book the hotel without paying. Otherwise they can't board the flight. So in essence the waiver is already given.
    The DFA has stated that it's then a matter for the justice and health depts. to decide whether payment should be made upon arrival.

How can another dept. decide something that another dept. has already decided?

There is clearly an inter-departmental spat going on here between Coveney and Donnelly.

Indeed a department which has consistently delivered since the foundation of the State vs one which has not by any stretch of the imagination.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,877 ✭✭✭purplecow1977

If they get off scot free from this there is absolutely no point to ANY of this crap.

Can't afford bail etc but can afford to go and get their tits done. Whether or not the quarantine aspect is against their 'constitutional rights', surely the fact they travelled for non - essential reasons has some strength?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,754 ✭✭✭standardg60

Indeed a department which has consistently delivered since the foundation of the State BA one which has now.

Sorry i've no idea what you're referring to here

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,077 ✭✭✭Away With The Fairies

That's because it was a lie. They were caught out. So they needed a reasonable excuse, ah yeah medical procedures.

I wonder would they actually look into this and find out that there was never any procedures booked, so they decided to say that they decided to not go ahead with it... Despite one of them going over for corrective surgery.

They have so much holes in their story and none of it adding up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭mcgragger

How did they even get to the airport?

Thats more than 5km from the ****hole they come from.

This episode above all else in Covid has me fuming.
    Everything about what they did is a big FC*K you to the rest of us that followed the rules for over a year.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,326 ✭✭✭arctictree

You kind of wonder would any if this happen if they entered another country and asked to quarantine? Imagine going to the US or Australia and starting high court challenges etc...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,535 ✭✭✭johnire

That’s exactly what I thought of today. If they didn’t get the procedure done then what happened that money?
    Edit - just wondering how they couldnt pay for quarantine or bail if they hadnt usedtheir op monies...:/

• Registered Users Posts: 14,005 ✭✭✭✭AlekSmart

It appears to have become an ecumenical matter...........;)

Men, it has been well said, think in herds; it will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, and one by one.

Charles Mackay (1812-1889)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,275 ✭✭✭Red Silurian

Which they never had, so it looks like repeat of the Canary dentist essential scam

Small difference - seeing a dentist is an essential medical procedure... Can the same be said for silicone implants?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭Cunning Stunt

So if there were no OPs planned, why were they in Dubai twice in last few weeks?:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,348 ✭✭✭basill

mcgragger wrote: »
    How did they even get to the airport?

Thats more than 5km from the ****hole they come from.

This episode above all else in Covid has me fuming.
    Everything about what they did is a big FC*K you to the rest of us that followed the rules for over a year.

5km is for exercise only and its commonly misunderstood. How else would someone in Kerry get to Dublin airport to undertake an essential journey? Grannies grave up in Ballybackendofnowhere? And your support bubbler doesn't have to be within 5km either. There are lots of exemptions.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,077 ✭✭✭Away With The Fairies

So if there were no OPs planned, why were they in Dubai twice in last few weeks?:confused:

Nice family to fund two trips.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,438 ✭✭✭NSAman

Now don’t be asking probing questions like that. We have Gardai for that and social welfare inspectors.... will it ever be known? Of course it WON’T

basill wrote: »
    5km is for exercise only and its commonly misunderstood. How else would someone in Kerry get to Dublin airport to undertake an essential journey? Grannies grave up in Ballybackendofnowhere? And your support bubbler doesn't have to be within 5km either. There are lots of exemptions.

Is a boob job considered an essential journey?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,705 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

Is a boob job considered an essential journey?

There was something that the two can appeal the quarantine, but I think given the amount of holes in their story that they won't appeal it and will leave it whatever the high court are looking into.

Appealing could open them up to having to produce documents and evidence of this so call operation? I'm sure the Garda have already being in contact with the hospitals out in Dubai to see how accurate their story is - most likely it is complete BS.

Ace2007 wrote: »
    There was something that the two can appeal the quarantine, but I think given the amount of holes in their story that they won't appeal it and will leave it whatever the high court are looking into.

Appealing could open them up to having to produce documents and evidence of this so call operation? I'm sure the Garda have already being in contact with the hospitals out in Dubai to see how accurate their story is - most likely it is complete BS.

Well it's only fair in a democracy that laws can be properly challenged and appealed but to give credit to the govt (not something I often do) it looks like the hotel quarantine legislation is water tight and any appeals are likely to fail

Small difference - seeing a dentist is an essential medical procedure... Can the same be said for silicone implants?

There's absolutely nothing in the legislation which says it has to be an essential medical procedure.
    I'm actually pro-authority with conditions - those conditions namely being that measures taken should be proportional, consistent and balancing public health with individual liberty ONLY.

Here's a summary of what I support vs what we have:

Mandatory centralised quarantine for anyone testing positive

Why is it a good idea? People who test positive will be immediately taken into quarantine and unable to spread the infection. While in quarantine, they will be fed, checked on regularly by health care professionals and if they do not have symptoms, have designated exercise hours away from other people.

Just to clarify your position here, if a five year old tests positive for Covid, you want them taken away from their family and imprisoned in isolation?

b0nk1e wrote: »
    There's absolutely nothing in the legislation which says it has to be an essential medical procedure.

But they didn't go for a medical procedure- they went on holidays.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭MissShihTzu

According to the Examiner, these women went for 'cosmetic procedures', which were in fact not done. So they went on holiday then.

All paid for by family whiprounds. How the defence lawyers told the judge all that with a straight face, I have no idea.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,679 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

According to the Examiner, these women went for 'cosmetic procedures', which were in fact not done. So they went on holiday then.

All paid for by family whiprounds. How the defence lawyers told the judge all that with a straight face, I have no idea.

Hmmmm

More cynical ppl might wonder if they went to deliver something to notorious gangsters who live over there.....

Ace2007 wrote: »
    But they didn't go for a medical procedure- they went on holidays.

The fact that no medical procedure took place doesn't necessarily mean they didn't go for a medical procedure.

The doctor scheduled to do the operation could have dropped dead of a heart attack the morning before. A dog could have savaged one of them on their way into the boob job centre. The police could have pulled them over for speeding and they missed their appointments.

The fact is, you simply don't know. You're pontificating, and you're speculating, and your curtains are twitching like Harry Redknapp on speed.

Hmmmm

More cynical ppl might wonder if they went to deliver something to notorious gangsters who live over there.....

Well it safe to say that they won't be going out to Dubai again any time soon regardless - Indeed their actions may have drawn attention to anyone else randomly going to Dubai at this time of the year.

If they didn't get the cosmetic surgery done - where did this money go to? Or was it just a cover story that has holes in it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭MissShihTzu

b0nk1e wrote: »
    The fact that no medical procedure took place doesn't necessarily mean they didn't go for a medical procedure.

The doctor scheduled to do the operation could have dropped dead of a heart attack the morning before. A dog could have savaged one of them on their way into the boob job centre. The police could have pulled them over for speeding and they missed their appointments.

The fact is, you simply don't know. You're pontificating, and you're speculating, and your curtains are twitching like Harry Redknapp on speed.

Huh??:rolleyes:

• Advertisement

Huh??:rolleyes:

I said, the fact that no medical procedure took place doesn't necessarily mean they didn't go for a medical procedure.

The fact is, Ace2007 simply doesn't know. Ace2007 is pontificating, and Ace2007 is speculating, and Ace2007's curtains are twitching like Harry Redknapp on speed.

Advertisement