Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can we have some fcuking control on the airports from high risk countries please?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

py2006 wrote: »
    Imagine I am wrong and you are right, tell us what comes into Dublin airport daily?

You made the claim and can't prove it. Deflection is making the hole bigger.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,847 ✭✭✭py2006

Corholio wrote: »
    You made the claim and can't prove it. Deflection is making the hole bigger.

Fair enough, so I am a liar...

I wonder why the flights really are landing here.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,275 ✭✭✭Red Silurian

It was not travel related.

In sure it is, proof - how did the virus get here again?
    ZX7R wrote: »
    Enhanced home quarantine not mhq

What is this Enhanced Home Quarantine you speak of?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,598 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Muhahahaha :)

page145.jpg

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,130 ✭✭✭Rodin

For those wondering what quarantine is for....

This is why we should have had it a year ago.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,077 ✭✭✭Away With The Fairies

page145.jpg

And these two who wanted to collect their kids from the granny. Sure what's a cup of tea while collecting them, show off holiday pictures on the 42 inch TV as well. And then granny catches covid. They also wanted their kids to join them in quarantine as well. Just lovely.

py2006 wrote: »
    Ok, so I am lying and haven't a clue what I am talking about...

In your opinion how many people arrive per day into Dublin airport, from where, and for what reason?

again, you made a statement. You claim it as fact. Please provide proof of your claims or admit its just your opinion based on whatever information you have but wont share

thats also why Gardai should be vaccinated. Gardai that arrested them cant even spend time with their kids now

• Registered Users Posts: 4,435 ✭✭✭mandrake04

It’s a pinkie promise arrangement, travellers promise to quarantine at home but because its not really monitored and they don’t want to upset the Euro-overlords the government have to close down most businesses and majority of population has to stay within 5Km

• Registered Users Posts: 25,277 ✭✭✭✭zell12

https://www.independent.ie/world-news/coronavirus/gardai-told-to-self-isolate-after-quarantine-hotel-guest-tests-positive-for-covid-19-40279066.html
    MHQ came into effect on March 26 and between then and April 1, 13,951 passengers flew into the country.
    and 11,494 people flew into Dublin Airport between March 19 and 25.
    Meanwhile, just 241 bookings have been made to date for mandatory hotel quarantine.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,427 ✭✭✭ZX7R

God knows what Donnelly and co will come up with.
    But here in Poland
    Visit twice a day by the police force no specific time.
    Must have the polish covid app download and location turned on 24 hours a day.
    Receive numerous video calls at any time of the day.
    A nominated person to shop for essentials, if this is not possible assistance will be given.

This is only for people travelling in from outside the EU or red listed countries outside the EU.
    Even certain countries on the red list if a negative test is produced on the 5th day of quarantine, the remainder your quarantine is dismissed.
    This system is also used for community and household cases

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,641 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

page145.jpg

You find it funny that someone has covid and potentially has now spread it to others? What wrong with you?

But rich taking the moral highground. You'd have had them go spread it to their parents.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,427 ✭✭✭ZX7R

But rich taking the moral highground. You'd have had them go spread it to their parents.

But your assuming they cought it on there travel, could easy be community transmission during there time back in Ireland.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,641 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

Whys that?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,004 ✭✭✭FileNotFound

But your assuming they cought it on there travel, could easy be community transmission during there time back in Ireland.

Guess thanks to their unnecessary trip for a pricey boob job during the pandemic we won't know for sure.

Backs up my mindset that these 2 are pure muppets.

"Sorry Judge, I can't afford to pay for the mandatory Quarantine or a solicitor, i had to spend all my money on a couple of trips to Dubai for elective surgery"

Fellas must be doing some dealing

• Registered Users Posts: 2,677 ✭✭✭Happydays2020

Back with that nonsense again that every case is travel related. No credibility if that is your response to all community transmission.

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭Wallander

Indeed, also as they were briefly stopped by defence forces, manhandled by 7 guards, paraded at a courthouse, sent to a crowded prison, and then back to the hotel, their close contact list must be staggering. Though if they had quarantined at home they probably would have gone to the shop for fags and that would be the end of all of us...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭thecomedian

Wallander wrote: »
    Indeed, also as they were briefly stopped by defence forces, manhandled by 7 guards, paraded at a courthouse, sent to a crowded prison, and then back to the hotel, their close contact list must be staggering. Though if they had quarantined at home they probably would have gone to the shop for fags and that would be the end of all of us...

Or they would have had a house party on the first night back and spread it to 20 others

Back with that nonsense again that every case is virus related. No credibility if that is your response to all community transmission.

Every case is virus related though :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,677 ✭✭✭Happydays2020

faceman wrote: »
    Every case is virus related though :p

Indeed.

Those who jumped on the tabloid bandwagon. Subsequent testing of yer wan in quarantine has resulted in negative tests results.

https://www.independent.ie/news/they-are-being-treated-worse-than-animals-mother-of-woman-who-travelled-to-dubai-speaks-out-over-quarantine-row-40280223.html

Wallander wrote: »

At what stage where they "manhandled" by 7 guards? "Paraded" at a court house? Or put into a "crowded" prison?

They have not once complained about the Gardai manhandling them. It was their own family that tipped off the journalists about the court date and all covid-19 related prisoners are isolated in a special block.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

Those who jumped on the tabloid bandwagon. Subsequent testing of yer wan in quarantine has resulted in negative tests results.

https://www.independent.ie/news/they-are-being-treated-worse-than-animals-mother-of-woman-who-travelled-to-dubai-speaks-out-over-quarantine-row-40280223.html

It is disgraceful what has happened in this case.

It shows what anger and populist outrage can result in.

An illustration of the how COVID, media and extremist views have combined to bring out the worst in Irish people.

Imagine if these people were your daughters or family? I am sickened by the general publics reaction to this and I hope the media will pay a heavy price if they have broken any laws.

• Registered Users Posts: 784 ✭✭✭daydorunrun

The covid crisis has really highlighted a very nasty streak in Irish society. Regardless of the rights and wrongs of those two women some of the things I've seen written are a sad indictment of our society. It was the same when those two older people were on the Joe Duffy show, there has been many other example too. Never was I so aware of so much hate and vitriol.

“You tried your best and you failed miserably. The lesson is, never try.” Homer.

It is disgraceful what has happened in this case.

It shows what anger and populist outrage can result in.

An illustration of the how COVID, media and extremist views have combined to bring out the worst in Irish people.

Imagine if these people were your daughters or family? I am sickened by the general publics reaction to this and I hope the media will pay a heavy price if they have broken any laws.

I would be ashamed if I bought my 25 year old daughter a ****ing boob job and then ran to the media to exploit her misfortune

Guess I'm the one that's a terrible parent

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

I would be ashamed if I bought my 25 year old daughter a ****ing boob job and then ran to the media to exploit her misfortune

Guess I'm the one that's a terrible parent

What the hell? How is any of the above relevant. It is none of anybodies business what these women were doing in Dubai, is it?

For all you know, they could have terrible body image and serious mental health issues. You really don't have a clue, you are just listening to 5th hand information from the shameful media.

People in this country need to look after themselves and stop trying to dictate how other people live their lives.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

I see a lot of terrible parents in here with the amount of bile they spew towards people. The same people that'd be posting 'Be Kind' for their facebook friends.

What the hell? How is any of the above relevant. It is none of anybodies business what these women were doing in Dubai, is it?

For all you know, they could have terrible body image and serious mental health issues. You really don't have a clue, you are just listening to 5th hand information from the shameful media.

People in this country need to look after themselves and stop trying to dictate how other people live their lives.

I responded to a very specific question about if they were my children and I answered.

How is it 5th hand?

Have the parents but stated that the jobs were a present?

Have the girls not admitted that they didn't get the booked jobs?

Did one not claim it was essential surgery to fix a botched job and needed to be done in Dubai as no Irish surgeon would do it? Seems odd that she then just didn't bother getting it.

Have you any information that suggests that they have body issues at 25 and 30?

You just made up a fictional defence to getting your own child needles plastic surgery. Vanity plastic surgery in fact and then speaking about it in detail to the media. Meanwhile, I have relied entirely on statements made by them and their families

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭Wallander

At what stage where they "manhandled" by 7 guards? "Paraded" at a court house? Or put into a "crowded" prison?

They have not once complained about the Gardai manhandling them. It was their own family that tipped off the journalists about the court date and all covid-19 related prisoners are isolated in a special block.

You've clearly been following this case more closely than me, but 7 guards were named as close contacts. My point was not about the way they were treated in particular, but how many contacts they racked up during the whole circus. This also applies to compliant hotel quarantine guests - when you add up the transporting, presence of staff, defence forces outside, proximity to other guests - it appears to me you could reduce your personal contacts in the days after entering the country by driving straight home and staying there.

Advertisement