Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can we have some fcuking control on the airports from high risk countries please?

Options

Comments

Wallander wrote: »
    You've clearly been following this case more closely than me, but 7 guards were named as close contacts. My point was not about the way they were treated in particular, but how many contacts they racked up during the whole circus. This also applies to compliant hotel quarantine guests - when you add up the transporting, presence of staff, defence forces outside, proximity to other guests - it appears to me you could reduce your personal contacts in the days after entering the country by driving straight home and staying there.

Not really. The staff and army are vaccinated.

At home they would, at the very least have infected their own families which includes a home carer for vulnerable people. They shall had no transport arranged so either a taxi or bus.

So the only additional people are the Gardai and prison staff. All denied priority vaccination and only involved because of the girls refusal to obey the law.

That's kinda the point about the Gardai and prison staff not being vaccinated. They are the ones the deal with the rule breakers so are the ones dealing with the positive that won't isolate and the ones that went follow basic guidelines.

Look at the court on Saturday. There were 5 covid related cases that day. Those 2, 2 others that where supposed to be isolating but wouldn't and a shoplifter that was actually infected, knew it and wouldn't isolate. The Garda that dealt with him isn't just isolating but has tested positive.

I don't like the hotel situation but the sad reality, and I know they aren't completely linked, is that people aren't following even the basic guidelines and that's causing problems. When guidelines are ignored, you need laws that can be enforced.

Jeez, go to the shops and count the amount of assholes that won't use the gel at the door, then has the mask on their chin and scratches / picks their nose / mouth / etc. Basic stuff and it's ignored

• Registered Users Posts: 3,427 ✭✭✭ZX7R

faceman wrote: »
    Those who jumped on the tabloid bandwagon. Subsequent testing of yer wan in quarantine has resulted in negative tests results.

https://www.independent.ie/news/they-are-being-treated-worse-than-animals-mother-of-woman-who-travelled-to-dubai-speaks-out-over-quarantine-row-40280223.html

More concerning is that she was not allowed an independent test, her legal team will have a field day with that.

ZX7R wrote: »
    More concerning is that she was not allowed an independent test, her legal team will have a field day with that.

Why would she be entitled to it? She wouldn't be entitled it it in a hospital or prison either.

Either way, other than pr does it matter? Test or no test she's in the hotel for the 2 weeks

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

Why would she be entitled to it? She wouldn't be entitled it it in a hospital or prison either.

Either way, other than pr does it matter? Test or no test she's in the hotel for the 2 weeks

Perhaps health reasons!? Multitude of reasons to require an accurate COVID test!

Perhaps health reasons!? Multitude of reasons to require an accurate COVID test!

Nothing to do with it being private and again, not a valid legal argument.

Do they use different tests? More qualified testers? What?

And can you stop being emotional and just debate what I actually say?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,598 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

You find it funny that someone has covid and potentially has now spread it to others? What wrong with you?

I've no sympathy for idiots swanning off to UAE in the middle of a bloody pandemic, anyway it seems her test was negative after all, but they deserve to be shown up as the dumbasses they are, who obviously had not been keeping up with the news headlines and announcements when they headed off to UAE.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

For a poster who seems to know the law you seem to be missing the point, her legal council are building a case they requested it.
    Her legal team could call into question if her test was carried out in correct procedure.
    Everything now will be used by there legal team.
    Medically they are also initiated to a second opinion.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,004 ✭✭✭FileNotFound

2 idiots being seen by the nation for the epic stupid plonkers they are.

At least they gave us all something to talk about.

Numpty 1 and numpty 2 - full of their own crap and utterly a waste to society from what we can see.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,077 ✭✭✭Away With The Fairies

Another flight from Dubai coming in tomorrow. Is it bad that I'm looking forward to the next news story?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,796 ✭✭✭lintdrummer

py2006 wrote: »
    Ok, so I am lying and haven't a clue what I am talking about...

In your opinion how many people arrive per day into Dublin airport, from where, and for what reason?

I'm a pilot. Pre Covid I flew 5 days a week. Since the end of January I've flown twice. The most passengers I carried on one flight was approx 70. Just over 1/3 of the aircraft's capacity. I considered that busy. Most flights I've operated have had less than 40 passengers.

The volume of traffic into Dublin airport is less than 5% of what it was pre covid. Inbound travel is not to blame for our current levels of infection.

• Advertisement

Another flight from Dubai coming in tomorrow. Is it bad that I'm looking forward to the next news story?

Dubai seems to be the place to go. https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-9440691/Brother-Ukrainian-model-arrested-naked-shoot-Dubai-says-no-idea-modelled-nude.html

• Registered Users Posts: 1,535 ✭✭✭johnire

Tough..Im a tax payer who gets up every morning and has done this for decades to fund people like them.
    What the hell? How is any of the above relevant. It is none of anybodies business what these women were doing in Dubai, is it?

For all you know, they could have terrible body image and serious mental health issues. You really don't have a clue, you are just listening to 5th hand information from the shameful media.

People in this country need to look after themselves and stop trying to dictate how other people live their lives.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,952 ✭✭✭kravmaga

I responded to a very specific question about if they were my children and I answered.

How is it 5th hand?

Have the parents but stated that the jobs were a present?

Have the girls not admitted that they didn't get the booked jobs?

Did one not claim it was essential surgery to fix a botched job and needed to be done in Dubai as no Irish surgeon would do it? Seems odd that she then just didn't bother getting it.

Have you any information that suggests that they have body issues at 25 and 30?

You just made up a fictional defence to getting your own child needles plastic surgery. Vanity plastic surgery in fact and then speaking about it in detail to the media. Meanwhile, I have relied entirely on statements made by them and their families

Furthermore the family who were in court to support the two girls, when asked outside the court by a reporter, do you have any comment to make , one of the Fathers told the reporter to "Fcuk off" , told said reporter "You can print that also".

There is also a lot of chatter online that the legal representative being used by the two girls under free legal aid, is used a lot by the criminal fraternity in the Dublin underworld.

the other issue who was minding their children when they were in Dubai, this was a bail application escuse used by the two???

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,641 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

This is a valid question, one I’ve been wondering.

I was in a traffic accident some years ago. As I was injured I had to be tested for alcohol etc. (There was an oil spill on the road and I wasn’t at fault just in case anyone wants to get high and mighty :p)

It was just a part of the process so the Garda was very easy going. In hospital I was given 2 choices, blood or urine. I opted for blood as it was quicker. They took 2 vials and I was given 1 to keep should I need it in the future. The other sample was sent to a lab. I always presumed that my sample was there should I need to be independently tested in the event I failed the test.

What happens in this instance if while in quarantine you fail a test thus extending your stay. Are you allowed seek an independent test? Interesting point

• Registered Users Posts: 11,929 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

whats it like doing erasmus this past year in places like France?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

2 idiots being seen by the nation for the epic stupid plonkers they are.

At least they gave us all something to talk about.

Because there's nothing else going on at all to talk about for sure. The Irish obsession with novelty cases rather than bigger issues never ceases to amaze. Whatever is spoon fed on the front page gets talked about way, way more than the substance of the story deserves, rinse and repeat.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,004 ✭✭✭FileNotFound

What happens in this instance if while in quarantine you fail a test thus extending your stay. Are you allowed seek an independent test? Interesting point

Who would do this independent testing? What body will argue you are covid free in the face of a positive test? I mean that seriously.
    Corholio wrote: »
    Because there's nothing else going on at all to talk about for sure. The Irish obsession with novelty cases rather than bigger issues never ceases to amaze. Whatever is spoon fed on the front page gets talked about way, way more than the substance of the story deserves, rinse and repeat.

And sure here you and I are having a natter online about it. I guess you're right, we are obsessed with a nonsense news story.

But seriously good to see the law being laid down here despite 2 plonkers doing their best to claim some sort of innocence in it all... Even the poor children excuse didn't get them out of quarantine.

Wonder how much they have cost the taxpayer with their disingenuous carry on?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

And sure here you and I are having a natter online about it. I guess you're right, we are obsessed with a nonsense news story.

Glad you agree
    Wonder how much they have cost the taxpayer with their disingenuous carry on?

*Taxpayer mention klaxon sounds*

• Registered Users Posts: 3,130 ✭✭✭Rodin

God knows what Donnelly and co will come up with.
    But here in Poland
    Visit twice a day by the police force no specific time.
    Must have the polish covid app download and location turned on 24 hours a day.
    Receive numerous video calls at any time of the day.
    A nominated person to shop for essentials, if this is not possible assistance will be given.

This is only for people travelling in from outside the EU or red listed countries outside the EU.
    Even certain countries on the red list if a negative test is produced on the 5th day of quarantine, the remainder your quarantine is dismissed.
    This system is also used for community and household cases

Is this in place from before or after Poland became one of the worst countries in Europe for Covid?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭Danno

The volume of traffic into Dublin airport is less than 5% of what it was pre covid. [current] Inbound travel is not to blame for our current levels of infection.

Fixed your post.

Previous levels of inbound travel is to blame for current levels of infection. This is basic science as it takes time for new variants, i.e. UK one to take root and spread.

With restrictions in place, it just slows the pace of the spread, not eliminate it.

You get one chance to eliminate spread, that chance was last June-July, a horse long bolted.

• Advertisement

For a poster who seems to know the law you seem to be missing the point, her legal council are building a case they requested it.
    Her legal team could call into question if her test was carried out in correct procedure.
    Everything now will be used by there legal team.
    Medically they are also initiated to a second opinion.

Will no, her legal team didn't request it. Again, this is the mother claiming all this. Her legal team have zero to do with medical issues.

Her legal team also aren't in this thread making legal claims. You are and as such, I have asked YOU about your comments here.

I was in a traffic accident some years ago. As I was injured I had to be tested for alcohol etc. (There was an oil spill on the road and I wasn’t at fault just in case anyone wants to get high and mighty :p)

It was just a part of the process so the Garda was very easy going. In hospital I was given 2 choices, blood or urine. I opted for blood as it was quicker. They took 2 vials and I was given 1 to keep should I need it in the future. The other sample was sent to a lab. I always presumed that my sample was there should I need to be independently tested in the event I failed the test.

That's written into the criminal law because you will be prosecuted if your sample shows a concentration above the limits. These two aren't being prosecuted based on test results.

Let's examine what would occur if you got an independent test. Which is believed? How do you prove it is your private test and not the state one and will it have any actual impact on your stay in the hotel? The answer is no because the law states that in returning a negative test from the hse you can feck of 2 days early.

It would be different if it was a medical malpractice situation but as it is, I don't see how it benefits anyone. It's just the mother throwing another tantrum about how life is so unfair. They are 25 and 30. Old enough to have kids, old enough to go on holiday alone, old enough to face the consequences of their actions and speak for themselves.
    kravmaga wrote: »
    Furthermore the family who were in court to support the two girls, when asked outside the court by a reporter, do you have any comment to make , one of the Fathers told the reporter to "Fcuk off" , told said reporter "You can print that also".

There is also a lot of chatter online that the legal representative being used by the two girls under free legal aid, is used a lot by the criminal fraternity in the Dublin underworld.

the other issue who was minding their children when they were in Dubai, this was a bail application escuse used by the two???

the father's a typical wannabe hardman that thinks he can shout good way out of situations. Gave his daughter bad advise and tried to bully the Gardai and judge on the day in court as well. Didn't work out well for him or her.

All the online stuff about the kinehan convection send to be based on nothing more than their choice of holiday destination. If they chose columbia they wouldn't be associated with the escobar's so unless I see something solid about that, I'll leave it.

As for the defense team, well they are Criminal defence solicitors and barristers. Obviously they are used by the Criminal underworld :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,570 ✭✭✭Tyrone212

Journal.ie

THREE WOMEN TODAY absconded from mandatory quarantine hotel in Dublin today.

The women left the hotel this morning for a period of time and were seen entering a nearby vehicle.

However, it is understood they returned to the hotel of their own accord following an “interaction” with officers.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,208 ✭✭✭saabsaab

Kingston Mills was on the radio today saying that it was vital to keep new variants out of Ireland.

Will no, her legal team didn't request it. Again, this is the mother claiming all this. Her legal team have zero to do with medical issues.

Her legal team also aren't in this thread making legal claims. You are and as such, I have asked YOU about your comments

Cam you provide proof that her legal team didn't request it.
    Maybe you should read back on your posts because you are often quoting laws and your own legal interpretation of things

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,641 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

Her legal team also aren't in this thread making legal claims. You are and as such, I have asked YOU about your comments here.

That's written into the criminal law because you will be prosecuted if your sample shows a concentration above the limits. These two aren't being prosecuted based on test results.

Let's examine what would occur if you got an independent test. Which is believed? How do you prove it is your private test and not the state one and will it have any actual impact on your stay in the hotel? The answer is no because the law states that in returning a negative test from the hse you can feck of 2 days early.

It would be different if it was a medical malpractice situation but as it is, I don't see how it benefits anyone. It's just the mother throwing another tantrum about how life is so unfair. They are 25 and 30. Old enough to have kids, old enough to go on holiday alone, old enough to face the consequences of their actions and speak for themselves.

the father's a typical wannabe hardman that thinks he can shout good way out of situations. Gave his daughter bad advise and tried to bully the Gardai and judge on the day in court as well. Didn't work out well for him or her.

All the online stuff about the kinehan convection send to be based on nothing more than their choice of holiday destination. If they chose columbia they wouldn't be associated with the escobar's so unless I see something solid about that, I'll leave it.

As for the defense team, well they are Criminal defence solicitors and barristers. Obviously they are used by the Criminal underworld :)

Just to clarify, I’m not trying to suggest that the hse test result isn’t good enough. Just asking the question.

There was a family law court case a few years ago. I knew the barrister. Long story short it was a messy divorce with kids involved. The mother claimed the father wasn’t fit to be a father. HSE investigated and corroborated her story and prepared a report for the court. The father who was innocent, obtained 2 independent reports which l cleared his name. The judge took the independent reports over the hse and the father sued the hse.

Obviously different circumstances similar to my blood test but given quarantine is untested in courts it begs the question as to whether it could be argued that the impartiality in testing is important

Rodin wrote: »
    Is this in place from before or after Poland became one of the worst countries in Europe for Covid?

Everything has been in place since Last March, except the changes to home quarantine for travellers it was changed slightly 2 weeks ago

• Registered Users Posts: 10,053 ✭✭✭✭normanoffside

Tyrone212 wrote: »
    Journal.ie

THREE WOMEN TODAY absconded from mandatory quarantine hotel in Dublin today.

The women left the hotel this morning for a period of time and were seen entering a nearby vehicle.

However, it is understood they returned to the hotel of their own accord following an “interaction” with officers.

This is a farce given the platry numbers who have gone into these facilities, there seems to be controversy in half of them.

Just to clarify, I’m not trying to suggest that the hse test result isn’t good enough. Just asking the question.

There was a family law court case a few years ago. I knew the barrister. Long story short it was a messy divorce with kids involved. The mother claimed the father wasn’t fit to be a father. HSE investigated and corroborated her story and prepared a report for the court. The father who was innocent, obtained 2 independent reports which l cleared his name. The judge took the independent reports over the hse and the father sued the hse.

Obviously different circumstances similar to my blood test but given quarantine is untested in courts it begs the question as to whether it could be argued that the impartiality in testing is important

obviously until anything is tested we cant be sure but I dont see how it
    A, makes a difference
    B, Can be viewed as biased or inferior to a private test

• Registered Users Posts: 442 ✭✭Feria40

saabsaab wrote: »
    Kingston Mills was on the radio today saying that it was vital to keep new variants out of Ireland.

So to be sure to be sure what he is basically saying is that never mind foreign holidays this year, we can forget them for several years.. I mean that's the bottom line isn't it if we are so worried about variants?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 670 ✭✭✭fm

saabsaab wrote: »

He also said that the eu digital green certificate was a good idea to get travel going again this summer . Did you miss that part?

Advertisement