Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can we have some fcuking control on the airports from high risk countries please?

Options

Comments

zebastein wrote: »
    Question: the rugby team of Leinster need to travel to France to play the semi final of European cup. (1-2may)
    What do you see happening?
    a) They quarantine 12days (all staff + players ~ 40 people) after their game. That takes almost 10% of the quarantine capacity.
    b) They invent an exemption for sports team conveniently just before the game
    c) They invent an exemption for work related travels, that benefits other workers in Ireland
    d) They use the Belfast loophole

They will have to quarantine I assume as that's the law.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,255 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

zebastein wrote: »
    Question: the rugby team of Leinster need to travel to France to play the semi final of European cup. (1-2may)
    What do you see happening?
    a) They quarantine 12days (all staff + players ~ 40 people) after their game. That takes almost 10% of the quarantine capacity.
    b) They invent an exemption for sports team conveniently just before the game
    c) They invent an exemption for work related travels, that benefits other workers in Ireland
    d) They use the Belfast loophole
    Feria40 wrote: »
    Option B I reckon

Roberto Lopes for Shamrock Rovers would feel hard done by if there are exemptions made for professional sportspeople in Ireland after he did his 2 weeks in detention.

My guess is the IRFU will put massive pressure on the gov and they'll succumb to option B though.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

Does somebody just need to shout ‘variant of concern’ to abuse my power?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,208 ✭✭✭saabsaab

Not at all just telling the truth even if some don't and won't accept it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,933 ✭✭✭fly_agaric

What's wrong with it?
    I see one sentence that might frighten the uninformed who read quickly - is that what you are "disgusted" about?? :confused:
    A spokesperson said there is some evidence that individuals who have already been vaccinated have subsequently been diagnosed with a variant of concern.

Next sentence states there's no way to prove that they actually were vaccinated.
    The department also argued that there is no international system that recognises vaccination certificates and no agreed method that could allow people to prove they are vaccinated.

Even if they were, could be they had single dose of a Chinese vaccine for example.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 610 ✭✭✭kerrylad1

Be very interesting to see how this pans out.I bet its one law for us,but because their "elites" their above the law.A bit like how the TD's are exempt from this travel ban.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,677 ✭✭✭Happydays2020

kerrylad1 wrote: »
    Be very interesting to see how this pans out.I bet its one law for us,but because their "elites" their above the law.A bit like how the TD's are exempt from this travel ban.

I think it is nuts to begin with. Rugby has managed this very well for many months. Regular testing. Protocols. Bubbles etc.

The big question is if they exempt the men will they do the same for the women?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,465 ✭✭✭✭hotmail.com

Israel taken off the list tonight according to RTE.

Shambles.

At some point, the prisoners in them hotels will all be released.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭Valhallapt

Are they going to enforce MHQ for anyone who admits to travelling via Belfast?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

What a shambles of a government.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 610 ✭✭✭kerrylad1

I think it is nuts to begin with. Rugby has managed this very well for many months. Regular testing. Protocols. Bubbles etc.

The big question is if they exempt the men will they do the same for the women?
    Dought it.They will just push out,"the men are professional's"narrative.Either way i think all outdoor sports should be allowed.Thats probly for another thread tough.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,465 ✭✭✭✭hotmail.com

Donnelly is clearly an inept idiot with a very poor civil service supporting him.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,053 ✭✭✭✭normanoffside

namloc1980 wrote: »

What a shambles of a government.

So now every time someone appeals to the high court, they'll just take the country they came from off the list?

So now every time someone appeals to the high court, they'll just take the country they came from off the list?

Yea precedent seems to be set, the courts are not in favour of locking people up without trial

• Registered Users Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

Yeah because there's a strong chance MHQ will be found to be unconstitutional so the government will do whatever is necessary to keep it out of court. Anyone who goes to court will be released.

so the boob job 2 should walk I feel, fair is fair.

Valhallapt wrote: »
    Yea precedent seems to be set, the courts are not in favour of locking people up without trial

There’s probably a proportionality piece in there somewhere. ie not locking people up when it’s unnecessary, as they have come from a highly vaccinated country and are vaccinated themselves. If anything, this might force the government to put introduce some proportionality to the MHQ list, and to be clear on the criteria for coming on and off (so not just some ambiguous waffle about potential variants that might be a possible concern, maybe).

• Registered Users Posts: 829 ✭✭✭Ronaldinho

Someone influential is obviously on a jolly in St. Lucia

giphy.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 24,400 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

rusty cole wrote: »

They should walk indeed... Right into an organised crime investigation

kerrylad1 wrote: »

TD traveling for work is. As are certain occupations but sports not included.

They are in enough grief as it is over the dittering without moving the goalposts (boom boom!) For sport

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,400 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

I really wish Stephen Donnelly would just go away. A complete dose at the worst possible time.

Absolutely no precedent has been set as absolutely no hearing took place.

Courts lock people up daily without trial. As do Gardai. In fact the high court set it as part of a bail agreement in the dubai 2 case that they start in the quarantine hotel.
    rusty cole wrote: »

One tested positive, despite what her mother claims in rags.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,438 ✭✭✭NSAman

Ronaldinho wrote: »
    Someone influential is obviously on a jolly in St. Lucia

giphy.gif

Wow, didn’t know we had direct flights.....

I can only presume Ryanair will add a load of flights to tel aviv now.

I can only presume Ryanair will add a load of flights to tel aviv now.

I would certainly go. Very interesting place I would say

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 452 ✭✭Sharpyshoot

lawred2 wrote: »
    I really wish Stephen Donnelly would just go away. A complete dose at the worst possible time.

Like a shart?

• Registered Users Posts: 829 ✭✭✭Ronaldinho

NSAman wrote: »
    Wow, didn’t know we had direct flights.....

Must you have flown directly from a country to be in scope?
    I wondered how they got the guy from Israel. Don't think any direct flights at present but open to correction on all that.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,438 ✭✭✭NSAman

Ronaldinho wrote: »
    Must you have flown directly from a country to be in scope?
    I wondered how they got the guy from Israel. Don't think any direct flights at present but open to correction on all that.

Was wondering that too... the phrase “ who hasn’t been in another designated state” is what’s getting me

Designated as on the list?

• Registered Users Posts: 670 ✭✭✭fm

NSAman wrote: »
    Was wondering that too... the phrase “ who hasn’t been in another designated state” is what’s getting me

Designated as on the list?

The Israeli girl came through frankfurt

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,643 ✭✭✭Doctor Jimbob

namloc1980 wrote: »
    Yeah because there's a strong chance MHQ will be found to be unconstitutional so the government will do whatever is necessary to keep it out of court. Anyone who goes to court will be released.

It's very obvious they don't think MHQ will stand up in court. I hope we see plenty more cases taken against this in the coming days.

Advertisement