Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can we have some fcuking control on the airports from high risk countries please?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,438 ✭✭✭NSAman

The dubai 2 haven't been released. The challenge on their case is still proceeding

Neither were vaccinated and didnt have a clear PCR test though.... Big difference!

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭Lmkrnr

Op will be the same co worker who blame's the Groom for a positive covid case in the same county.

I bet it was him he got married in the red zone 3 month's ago, de virus was still in him. Im ringing Joe in de morning.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,641 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

• Registered Users Posts: 7,415 ✭✭✭MrMusician18

faceman wrote: »

"Admitted" good old telegraph, present it as a failing.

• Registered Users Posts: 829 ✭✭✭Ronaldinho

zebastein wrote: »
    What would HR do? Does your employer decide what you do during your time off?

Employers tend to take a dim view of their staff breaking the law alright.

• Advertisement

So with a large number of infections in India, I am sure a new variant will start up there. It is the nature of viruses to start new strains. This happens with the common flu virus.

If anyone thinks that Covid is going anywhere soon they are delusional. It is going to be something we will have to live with.

So with that in mind, how DO we live with it? Vaccines..... hygiene practises.... screening....

When does this restriction on people who have done the above stop?

Common Sense would tell you that vaccination + testing is the way to go....... UNLESS all this vaccination is useless and then there is no hope at all.....

NSAman wrote: »
    Neither were vaccinated and didnt have a clear PCR test though.... Big difference!

Im aware of the differences. Does not change the fact that there is still a challenge before the courts does it?

Ronaldinho wrote: »
    Employers tend to take a dim view of their staff breaking the law alright.

Unless it has a material effect on your employment, its none of their business.

Again, he will be quarantined on return.

WTF is the issue?

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭Lmkrnr

NSAman wrote: »
    So with a large number of infections in India, I am sure a new variant will start up there. It is the nature of viruses to start new strains. This happens with the common flu virus.

If anyone thinks that Covid is going anywhere soon they are delusional. It is going to be something we will have to live with.

So with that in mind, how DO we live with it? Vaccines..... hygiene practises.... screening....

When does this restriction on people who have done the above stop?

Common Sense would tell you that vaccination + testing is the way to go....... UNLESS all this vaccination is useless and then there is no hope at all.....

There is hope, 99.9%? Will get on with life.

WTF is the issue?

This thread has indeed gone full Tropic Thunder

• Advertisement

WTF is the issue?

The quarantine is neither here nor there - shouldn't be traveling outside of their 20km never mind the country. Disgraceful.

And they'd want to check the terms of their employment. People have been terminated for less.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,134 ✭✭✭caveat emptor

Christ this is the worst thing I've read all day.

Reporting him to HR, what a rat thing to do.

This past year has brought out the worst in people.

Jaysus that is a bit harsh. Is he not allowed to travel? Seems like the person is doing everything they can do to be safe. I don't think it's a good idea to escalate by telling his employer.

I've personally refrained from telling on other people through out this. It's hard enough on everyone. Also watching line of duty has put me off it. :pac:

giphy.gif

The quarantine is neither here nor there - shouldn't be traveling outside of their 20km never mind the country. Disgraceful.

And they'd want to check the terms of their employment. People have been terminated for less.

Jesus. Worst thing about the pandemic is that it’s shown how many people think like this

And who said the Borg were just in SciFi movies?

Im aware of the differences. Does not change the fact that there is still a challenge before the courts does it?

Not at all... but the other two people took all the precautions and were still detained.

The whole thing is a sh1t show.

Jesus. Worst thing about the pandemic is that it’s shown how many people think like this

Mostly statement of fact fella. Can't remember too many standing up for the punters at Golfgate - same thing. Cost a couple of people their positions.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,928 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

and

• passengers who travel from another country to Ireland, and arrive via Northern Ireland, must also observe the mandatory quarantine regime
    • you may only leave your place of residence during the quarantine period for unavoidable reasons of an emergency nature to protect a person’s health or welfare, or to leave the State
    • you can end your period of quarantine if you receive written confirmation of a ‘non-detected’ RT-PCR test result taken no less than 5 days after arrival. You must retain the written confirmation of your test result for at least 14 days
    What do you mean by details though?

Regarding the last point they could state that we have to pay for the PCR ourselves, which I believe is the case, that one is a bit vague.

this is what I was looking for https://www2.hse.ie/conditions/coronavirus/self-isolation/how-to-self-isolate.html self isolate if if you arrived into Ireland from a high risk country

doesn't mention anything regarding those who are vaccinated, or have PCR test, (or take another one), or are coming from a country that was high risk until they changed their mind a few days into your MHQ

• Registered Users Posts: 13,462 ✭✭✭✭hotmail.com

Professional athletes will be exempt from internment - RTE.

• Registered Users Posts: 435 ✭✭mmclo

Not sure it makes a huge difference, the law doesn’t mention PCR or Vaccination afaik, you come in form country x go to quarantine, that is the issue whether it is proportional or not, it’s the law that’s being challenged in judicial review and effectively the trial of the individual is suspended until it is determined whether the law is constitutional. If other people have been given exemptions etc it might undermine the Government case even more as it will be seen to be arbitrary something the higher courts may not like. Lone parents from the inner city are equal before the law to millionaire golfers under our constitution

Mostly statement of fact fella. Can't remember too many standing up for the punters at Golfgate - same thing. Cost a couple of people their positions.

Golfgate = going to your own wedding and doing MHQ upon return

Ooooookaaay, mate

I think my statement stands! There is some serious cognitive dissonance on this thread

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 435 ✭✭mmclo

Jaysus that is a bit harsh. Is he not allowed to travel? Seems like the person is doing everything they can do to be safe. I don't think it's a good idea to escalate by telling his employer.

I've personally refrained from telling on other people through out this. It's hard enough on everyone. Also watching line of duty has put me off it. :pac:

giphy.gif

Stephen Donnelly is H!!

Golfgate = going to your own wedding and doing MHQ upon return

Ooooookaaay, mate

I think my statement stands! There is some serious cognitive dissonance on this thread

They're totally comparable - breaking rules around travel.

I do agree about the cognitive dissonance.

No, no they haven't. A ridiculous statement.

Nope, no one was sacked from their job. You realise there is a difference between a politician stepping down and an employee being dismissed?
    mmclo wrote: »
    Not sure it makes a huge difference, the law doesn’t mention PCR or Vaccination afaik, you come in form country x go to quarantine, that is the issue whether it is proportional or not, it’s the law that’s being challenged in judicial review and effectively the trial of the individual is suspended until it is determined whether the law is constitutional. If other people have been given exemptions etc it might undermine the Government case even more as it will be seen to be arbitrary something the higher courts may not like. Lone parents from the inner city are equal before the law to millionaire golfers under our constitution

Not sure why you are telling me this. It was another user talking about that stuff. I just pointed out that there's still a challenge before the courts.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,462 ✭✭✭✭hotmail.com

RTE saying Erasmus students will have their internment fee paid for by the state.

Farce.

RTE saying Erasmus students will have their internment fee paid for by the state.

Farce.

Good. They were told they had to go

• Registered Users Posts: 8,452 ✭✭✭Time Magazine

The reaction of some of the more “conservative” people here is a disgrace. That poor man, fully vaccinated and with negative tests, effectively interned for no good reason. Had to bring our country to court to see his dying father.

And lick arses saying “oh, it has to be done”. Bollix. It’s been a long year and there’s been a lot of sacrifice and lot of Golfgate-esque nonsense. Everyone is tired. But people’s willingness to wield the power of the state against an innocent family warrants a kick up the rear end. Yer man’s not John Gilligan ffs.

• Registered Users Posts: 604 ✭✭✭a_squirrelman

this is what I was looking for https://www2.hse.ie/conditions/coronavirus/self-isolation/how-to-self-isolate.html self isolate if if you arrived into Ireland from a high risk country

doesn't mention anything regarding those who are vaccinated, or have PCR test, (or take another one), or are coming from a country that was high risk until they changed their mind a few days into your MHQ

Now this is even more interesting, so gov.ie says you need to quarantine but the hse page says restrict your movements. So I can go out and exercise.
    These departments really need to get their sh!t together, communicate, and get on the same page.

Good. They were told they had to go
    whats it been like for Eramus students this past year?

Now this is even more interesting, so gov.ie says you need to quarantine but the hse page says restrict your movements. So I can go out and exercise.
    These departments really need to get their sh!t together, communicate, and get on the same page.
    no it tells you to self -isolate

restricting your movements is this page https://www2.hse.ie/conditions/coronavirus/managing-coronavirus-at-home/if-you-live-with-someone-who-has-coronavirus.html

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 604 ✭✭✭a_squirrelman

"You do not need to self-isolate if you arrive in Ireland from a country that is not on the high-risk list and have no symptoms. But you may need to restrict your movements."

Advertisement