Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can we have some fcuking control on the airports from high risk countries please?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,208 ✭✭✭saabsaab

I'm sure that they have thought of this and have a plan b.

• Registered Users Posts: 442 ✭✭Feria40

saabsaab wrote: »

We disagree on lots saabsaab but I presume you are being sarcastic here?! This Gov struggles enought with Plan A's, plan B is a step too far:pac:

Haha!!

It’s called Belfast

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,641 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

Just to elaborate on this, it's a 12 week between the 2 doses for AZ but your point is still a good one... There is also a 2 week wait for Moderna and Biontech after the second dose before full protection is given.. I presume there is similar for AZ and J&J but can't confirm

I’m open to correction on exact numbers, from late March the duration between doses was extended from 12 weeks to 16 for people people due to shortages in supply overall etc

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,641 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

Plan B is the doubling of capacity to 1100 rooms next week :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

faceman wrote: »
    I’m open to correction on exact numbers, from late March the duration between doses was extended from 12 weeks to 16 for people people due to shortages in supply overall etc
    Not because of shortages, more to allow for more investigation of the clotting issue.

On another thread a posted has said that airlines are being notified not to allow anyine here without a confirmed place first.

On another thread a posted has said that airlines are being notified not to allow anyine here without a confirmed place first.

It’s reported in the Irish times as a Donnelly quote

• Registered Users Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭Jack1985

It’s reported in the Irish times as a Donnelly quote

A Donnelly quote is bi-word in journalism to check other sources.

I'm sure O'Leary will happily oblige by telling him go f*ck himself.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

Free at last!
    Two women who were arrested at Dublin Airport after initially refusing to enter mandatory hotel quarantine are being released from quarantine this evening.

https://www.rte.ie/news/ireland/2021/0413/1209727-niamh-mulreany-kirstie-mcgrath/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,072 ✭✭✭joseywhales

Like I feel almost sorry for him, anyone with a lick of sense knows that this will be a disaster. It didn't even work in canada.

That irish times article has the inevitable stories of people caring for their mother etc. You can be sure their will be a lot more harrowing stories.

Whilst the americans detain latin american children, ireland detains her own.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,990 ✭✭✭✭josip

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭zvone

Yes, they can build a camp for them. They can named it.... concentration camp is taken, so lets name it Covid Camps then.

• Registered Users Posts: 500 ✭✭✭PaulJoseph22

Haha!!

It’s called Belfast

Well, we need help from a competent health system. We don’t have a competent government either so perhaps the NHS is our best shot.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,783 ✭✭✭Benimar

josip wrote: »
    No reason given?

Probably negative tests on day 10, so quarantine lifted.

zvone wrote: »
    Yes, they can build a camp for them. They can named it.... concentration camp is taken, so lets name it Covid Camps then.

Must be lots of places empty around the country to put them in.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,986 ✭✭✭✭Dempo1

For anyone studying a language as part of their degree; Erasmus is compulsory and counts as 25% of their total degree. The only option to not doing it is taking a year out and doing the placement the following year, but there are no guarantees to the pandemic being over next year either.
    Do you expect these students to out their university degrees and lives permanently on hold until you deem it ok for them to go abroad for study?

So I get your point but how many university students have actually had in class tuition in the past year? So it's fine to travel abroad as part of a degree and not fine to attend classes in Ireland, explain the logic please, I might add the locations some of these students located too had some of the worst covid outbreaks in Europe. To finish, I heard a parent this morning who forked out 9K in fees for current college year and little or no time spent in actual classes.

Is maith an scáthán súil charad.

The Hotels are full.
    This means that Irish Nationals can't return home from designated countries.
    I hope people understand the significance of that?
    A Country will not accept inbound travel of its own Citizens.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,438 ✭✭✭NSAman

faceman wrote: »
    Plan B is the doubling of capacity to 1100 rooms next week :pac:

Sounds like the Mexican Border at this stage...

Will there be camps?

BUILD THE WALL... BUILD THE WALL!!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,048 ✭✭✭✭normanoffside

Dempo1 wrote: »
    So I get your point but how many university students have actually had in class tuition in the past year? So it's fine to travel abroad as part of a degree and not fine to attend classes in Ireland, explain the logic please, I might add the locations some of these students located too had some of the worst covid outbreaks in Europe. To finish, I heard a parent this morning who forked out 9K in fees for current college year and little or no time spent in actual classes.

You seem to miss the point that when they went abroad on Erasmus at the start of the Academic year case numbers and restrictions were low throughout Europe. Nobody could have predicted the future at that point.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,414 ✭✭✭MrMusician18

Jack1985 wrote: »
    A Donnelly quote is bi-word in journalism to check other sources.

I'm sure O'Leary will happily oblige by telling him go f*ck himself.

Why? Checking that passengers meet entry requirements for the destination country is standard practice. I believe there can be quite substantial penalties for airlines allowing passengers to travel without the required visas etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,528 ✭✭✭copeyhagen

Why? Checking that passengers meet entry requirements for the destination country is standard practice. I believe there can be quite substantial penalties for airlines allowing passengers to travel without the required visas etc.

bit of a difference between a visa and something that the airlines dont have anything to do with, or give a **** about.

a ridiculous setup from the start. come here vaccinated and with a negative test and still have to quarentine.. what a fooking Country.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭Jack1985

The DoT said this evening very little could be done to police this. For obvious reasons to most.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,986 ✭✭✭✭Dempo1

You seem to miss the point that when they went abroad on Erasmus at the start of the Academic year case numbers and restrictions were low throughout Europe. Nobody could have predicted the future at that point.

I again say regardless of numbers being high or low, why was this scheme permitted at any time during a pandemic, access for students to their own colleges here have been restricted for almost a year. I'd also query when numbers of covid cases increased why didn't students return home immediately.

I think it astonishing taxpayer's now expected to pay quarantine expenses for such students but as I've stated previously this entire Mandatory Hotel Quarantine scheme is a farce.

Is maith an scáthán súil charad.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,205 ✭✭✭✭hmmm

• Registered Users Posts: 442 ✭✭Feria40

hmmm wrote: »

CEO of Greencore AND Simon Coveney's brother no less!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,990 ✭✭✭✭josip

aka "the brother".

• Registered Users Posts: 5,069 ✭✭✭Irish Aris

Do I understand correctly that they pretty much cap the number of people that come in the country from the countries in the list?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,414 ✭✭✭MrMusician18

copeyhagen wrote: »
    bit of a difference between a visa and something that the airlines dont have anything to do with, or give a **** about.

a ridiculous setup from the start. come here vaccinated and with a negative test and still have to quarentine.. what a fooking Country.
    The airlines don't issue visas. And the airlines had no problem refusing boarding for turning up with minor errors in documentation so they'll have no problem asking for the MHQ booking reference at check-in.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,205 ✭✭✭✭hmmm

Irish Aris wrote: »
    Do I understand correctly that they pretty much cap the number of people that come in the country from the countries in the list?
    There's nowhere to put you, so yes the border is closed. I don't know what happens if you just turn up. I'm assuming it is chaos.

Advertisement