Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can we have some fcuking control on the airports from high risk countries please?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,398 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

Maybe facts aren't your thing and perhaps personal attacks make you feel better but it doesn't help your argument.

Facts?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭Valhallapt

How many of yesterday’s 600 cases were from travel within the EU?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,888 ✭✭✭munchkin_utd

Valhallapt wrote: »
    probably all of them, straight off the plane setting to work infecting as many as possible as quickly as possible - which has to have been the case, because as we are all aware Covid does not transmit from person to person unless you are straight off a plane !!

Its a really strange yet cunning virus, the first ever to require a plane journey as a catalyst

It can even be spread by phantom people, better known as "hoardes of yanks off the plane" , thousands of them, coming to Ireland for a holiday in closed hotels and having the craic in closed pubs, going on tours of the country on bus tours that have been cancelled, crossing county bounds that the natives arent allowed to cross. Scandalous, the whole affair !

• Registered Users Posts: 9,267 ✭✭✭Red Silurian

josip wrote: »
    But how many is "all of them"? 5? 10?
    Or by "All of them" do you mean everyone who has to got to MHQ is a positive case? :confused:

About 10 a week before France was added to the list, all who traveled to Ireland with negative PCRs

If it's the British variant then technically none of them as Britain left the EU on the 30th of January 2020

There was 70 at an Intel building site yesterday, apparently it was deemed an essential construction project this whole time... Who knew?

Intel are constantly flying people in from all over the world and it wouldn't surprise me if this had something to do with a worker flying in from their factory in Bngalore

https://www.rte.ie/news/business/2021/0422/1211468-intel-covid/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,888 ✭✭✭munchkin_utd

If it's the British variant then technically none of them as Britain left the EU on the 30th of January 2020

There was 70 at an Intel building site yesterday, apparently it was deemed an essential construction project this whole time... Who knew?

Intel are constantly flying people in from all over the world and it wouldn't surprise me if this had something to do with a worker flying in from their factory in Bngalore

https://www.rte.ie/news/business/2021/0422/1211468-intel-covid/
    computer experts from bangalore do not work on irish building sites.

same as strawberry pickers from Bulgaria dont jump through windows in Bellmullet hotels at chistmas looking for pints, and dodging the guards.

computer experts from bangalore do not work on irish building sites.

You would be surprised
    same as strawberry pickers from Bulgaria dont jump through windows in Bellmullet hotels at chistmas looking for pints, and dodging the guards.

Not sure how that statement is relevant...

• Registered Users Posts: 10,048 ✭✭✭✭normanoffside

Assuming everybody flew into the country with negative tests. All of them, which raises questions about the accuracy of a 3 day pre-departure test

You know they are testing staff at MHQ too?

There is no breakdown of cases between staff and detainees. It's quite possible a large proportion of staff are testing positive after acquiring infection in the community and passing it on to detainees.
    It's also possible that one or two detainees are infected and passing it on to other detainees in the hotel.

All this has happened regularly in Australia and New Zealand where detainees acquire infection in MHQ.
    MHQ itself is actually dangerous and a source of infection.

You know they are testing staff at MHQ too?

There is no breakdown of cases between staff and detainees. It's quite possible a large proportion of staff are testing positive after acquiring infection in the community and passing it on to detainees.
    It's also possible that one or two detainees are infected and passing it on to other detainees in the hotel.

All this has happened regularly in Australia and New Zealand where detainees acquire infection in MHQ.

You could be right, there's a case at the moment in Perth where somebody tested negative on his 14th day of MHQ but tested positive on Day16 or 17 (after he had left MHQ)

Either that or it's a sign of the Indian variant being undetectable in the early days, which would explain the Singaporean move detailed above

• Registered Users Posts: 2 IrishCommunist

One of my friends in the Connolly Youth just did a full interview about how quarantine works in China, for anybody interested feel free to check it out on the website cym.ie, should be called "Quarantining in China: Interview with an Irish emigrant"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 669 ✭✭✭fm

You would be surprised

Not sure how that statement is relevant...

Surprise us with some facts so

• Registered Users Posts: 10,048 ✭✭✭✭normanoffside

You could be right, there's a case at the moment in Perth where somebody tested negative on his 14th day of MHQ but tested positive on Day16 or 17 (after he had left MHQ)

Either that or it's a sign of the Indian variant being undetectable in the early days, which would explain the Singaporean move detailed above

Yes I know about this and many other cases.

Australia refuses to recognise that Covid is Airborne and hotels use air conditioning as for some reason they won't allow detainees to open windows.
    There was an outbreak in which several detainees had the same genomic sequencing of the virus even though they had come in on different flights (therefore the clearly caught it in the Hotel)

Yes despite all this evidence of MHQ acquired infection they are contacting all the people who were on the flight with the community case in Perth almost 3 weeks ago to tell them to isolate :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 13,461 ✭✭✭✭hotmail.com

Should confirmed cases in the community be taken into these hotels?

Surely that's where we're going at this rate of Irish nastiness.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 299 ✭✭DessieJames

saabsaab wrote: »
    You obviously don't care what you bring back. We should be in a better position late June early June re foreign travel just wait and see.

ohhhh look this nasty man went away on holiday lock him up and throw away the key.

Jesus what a poxy nation of curtain twitchers and serial moaners this country has turned into, ill do as i like when i like, i , along with most others stopped believing the garbage and lies the giovernment come out with a long time ago.

You forgot to mention "pick up COVID, bring it back, possibly kill an elderly family member and close up the economy" which is the problem, beggars belief that some people like you aren't smart enough to see that

i can imagine how totally brainwashed you must be by all of this, the majority of people are saying yep fair play sick of this garbage by now live your life, theres always some who are still sucked in by the scaremongering and lies.:rolleyes:

I gave up my holiday last year, at much personal expense.

The vulnerable are pretty much vaccinated at this stage, everyone over 50 will be vaccinated by mid June at the latest.

I’m not putting my life on hold as some people are suggesting that some yet unknown variant might emerge. We didn’t get a warning about this pandemic, we won’t get a warning about the next one either, can’t live in fear. Once the people who might die from covid are vaccinated, it’s time to get back to normal and enjoy life, and foreign travel!

fair play,i didnt and im delighted i went and ill certainly be going again this year, and i urge anyone who wants to go abroad to do so.

i can imagine how totally brainwashed you must be by all of this, the majority of people are saying yep fair play sick of this garbage by now live your life, theres always some who are still sucked in by the scaremongering and lies.:rolleyes:
    fair play,i didnt and im delighted i went and ill certainly be going again this year, and i urge anyone who wants to go abroad to do so.

This is the exact rational that has us locked down now for the third time, you think you'd have learnt from last year but apparently not

Should confirmed cases in the community be taken into these hotels?

Surely that's where we're going at this rate of Irish nastiness.

It's what China did, along with the mandatory quarantining of close contacts... You want zero COVID that's one way of getting it done! Vaccination will probably do the job for us though

• Registered Users Posts: 1,535 ✭✭✭johnire

What lies are you referring to?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,134 ✭✭✭caveat emptor

Do what you want it's a free country. Very happy to hear that you couldn't give a ****. Have you ever?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 622 ✭✭✭Natterjack from Kerry

Blut2 wrote: »
    Airports and flights have been statistically proven to not be a risk, because social distancing and mask wearing is ubiquitous, and the air is so filtered.

Someone is far more likely to catch covid attending a social event in a house with 10 friends in Dublin than on the journey flying to Spain and back.

Indeed. But there arent very many people interested in just flying to Spain and back.

The talk I'm hearing here it'll be lockdown #4 in September

• Registered Users Posts: 3,292 ✭✭✭0lddog

Indeed. But there arent very many people interested in just flying to Spain and back.

Would hazard a guess that if it was an option over the summer there would be several hundred thousand takers for this :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,292 ✭✭✭0lddog

Do what you want it's a free country. Very happy to hear that you couldn't give a ****. Have you ever?

Anyone else conflicted by the the account name and the substance of the post ?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,205 ✭✭✭✭hmmm

We knew this would happen, it was obvious that packing people into hotels would be dangerous with an airborne virus.

Now we have the story about to hit the news of the Italian father who can't go to his sons funeral.

The people who wanted this quarantine implemented with no thought given to those it will affect should be named and shamed for years to come.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,208 ✭✭✭saabsaab

hmmm wrote: »
    We knew this would happen, it was obvious that packing people into hotels would be dangerous with an airborne virus.

Now we have the story about to hit the news of the Italian father who can't go to his sons funeral.

The people who wanted this quarantine implemented with no thought given to those it will affect should be named and shamed for years to come.

It is dangerous that is why there is MHQ. Far better in a controlled environment than out of control in the wider community.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭Valhallapt

The talk I'm hearing here it'll be lockdown #4 in September

1 in 4 now vaccinated. They’re mostly the people who could die. Hate to disappoint you, but the misery is over!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,208 ✭✭✭saabsaab

1 in 4 now vaccinated. They’re mostly the people who could die. Hate to disappoint you, but the misery is over!

Have you any data or source on that. We aren't there yet I'd say.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,205 ✭✭✭✭hmmm

End of June I'd say this ends as most people will have been offered a vaccine. End of July at the latest. We should be seeing something similar to Israel as cases decline even as society reopens.

Vaccinated people will want to start travelling then, and good luck to the politician who is still supporting MHQ at that time.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,134 ✭✭✭caveat emptor

0lddog wrote: »
    Anyone else conflicted by the the account name and the substance of the post ?

no. but do explain. Caveat emptor just means buyer beware and reflects my interest in consumer affairs. Like false advertising or when you book a flight and it's cancelled and you don't receive a refund even though it's mandated. That kinda thing gets my goat.

What's the meaning of your user name and how does it represent who you are?

Advertisement