Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can we have some fcuking control on the airports from high risk countries please?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭ExMachina1000

Where are all the medical media darling talking heads on this issue? Any peep out of them?

The media don't run the country

It’s amazing how, in this social media world, there are so few photos of these supposed busloads of American tourists

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

It’s amazing how, in this social media world, there are so few photos of these supposed busloads of American tourists
    They are just not as authoritative as WhatsApp chain messages or a random sighting!

The media don't run the country

The media run every country.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭ExMachina1000

The media run every country.

Which media organisation runs Ireland?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,218 ✭✭✭saabsaab

Which media organisation runs Ireland?

I think he means all the mainstream media. Stop flights from hotspots now or face what happened last february, again!

• Registered Users Posts: 44 repulsebay321

I just hired a car in Cork city. Employee asked if I was on holidays and of course I said no, I live here. I was told by the manager there were no American tourists at all hiring cars in the last few months.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,986 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

faceman wrote: »
    Another Aer Lingus flight filled with those darn disease spreading ‘Mericans is landing in Dublin

https://twitter.com/michaellondra/status/1284594786062733315?s=21
    Clearly we aren’t sending our best. Rapists and murderers mostly. Some I assume are good people.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,986 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

I like that quick check someone posted about blowing out a candle/lighter with/without a mask on. Fast and simple way to show the ability of the mask to arrest your exhalation and thus limit the spread of the virus.
    Phishnet wrote: »
    The face mask that are worn (with the exception of the N95 and other similar models) are akin to trying to stop a fly with chicken mesh.

How do you figure?

The masks can and do restrict airflow and air molecules are far smaller than the virus itself.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,980 ✭✭✭s1ippy

https://twitter.com/caulmick/status/1284775249909882881?s=19

91%, if this thread is a scientifically accurate representation :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,104 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Kinsale has Americans who don't believe in social distancing, I think they were tourists by the pictures taking and selfies

Also lots of foreign reg cars and campers

• Registered Users Posts: 44 repulsebay321

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Kinsale has Americans who don't believe in social distancing, I think they were tourists by the pictures taking and selfies

I was taking photos along the Copper Coast route today. Now in Kilkenny. All locals, haven't met another American yet. It's all Irish tourists and saw one GB plate.

I was taking photos along the Copper Coast route today. Now in Kilkenny. All locals, haven't met another American yet. It's all Irish tourists and saw one GB plate.
    They're clearly hiding from you!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,182 ✭✭✭✭ILoveYourVibes

JP Liz V1 wrote: »

:mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,434 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

faceman wrote: »
    Another Aer Lingus flight filled with those darn disease spreading ‘Mericans is landing in Dublin

https://twitter.com/michaellondra/status/1284594786062733315?s=21

the week this story started they said there was 250 people on the incoming flights so no not many compared to a normal year but certainly not none either.

the week this story started they said there was 250 people on the incoming flights so no not many compared to a normal year but certainly not none either.

And those travelling obviously don't care about the risk and are more likely to be carriers too!

• Registered Users Posts: 524 ✭✭✭DelaneyIn

The saps in the dail will never close the borders. A global pandemic and they’re still allowing people from the worst regions affected enter.

It’s absolute insanity. If it spreads due to people arriving here, those responsible for allowing them entry will have blood on their hands.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,182 ✭✭✭✭ILoveYourVibes

DelaneyIn wrote: »
    The saps in the dail will never close the borders. A global pandemic and they’re still allowing people from the worst regions affected enter.

It’s absolute insanity. If it spreads due to people arriving here, those responsible for allowing them entry will have blood on their hands.
    We are going to have to have serious words with Micheal Martin.:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,884 ✭✭✭Wolf359f

DelaneyIn wrote: »

Maybe you know more than the saps in the Dail, but how do you close the border up north?

We'll ignore the RORO ferries that our food/economy depends on also. I'd image the fruit and veg be rotten after 14 days of the driver been quarantined

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭charlietheminxx

Wolf359f wrote: »
    We'll ignore the RORO ferries that our food/economy depends on also. I'd image the fruit and veg be rotten after 14 days of the driver been quarantined

Trade is a different thing to individual travel.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,444 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

saabsaab wrote: »
    And those travelling obviously don't care about the risk and are more likely to be carriers too!

Stay the fück at home, Yank. Especially you CV19 denier kernts.

Why these flights aren't restricted to essential personnel and holiday makers banned I'll never know.

A see a few French reg cars on the roads, over here for no good reason.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,375 ✭✭✭whomitconcerns

A see a few French reg cars on the roads, over here for no good reason.

Maybe they are here more than 14 days? Maybe they moved to Ireland? Maybe they have had a plethora of tests and dont have it?

Generalisations are useless.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,444 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

Maybe they are here more than 14 days? Maybe they moved to Ireland? Maybe they have had a plethora of tests and dont have it?

Generalisations are useless.

Maybe they should have stayed the fuùck in France?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,375 ✭✭✭whomitconcerns

Maybe they should have stayed the fuùck in France?

yes, because we as a nation dont need their money to keep things moving. It all helps.

We cant all live our lives in bubbles, interaction is a fact, how you manage and mitigate that yourself is the important part. I know of people living in Ireland with french (and other) reg cars for more than a few months. Why shouldnt they be around?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,952 ✭✭✭fly_agaric

So probably a few cases in that lot (if it is 250 incomers from the US per week?, trying to find where you got that figure...) Seems to be rampant in alot of the US now and amazingly (>?) 1/2 the population there appear to want to do a 3 wise monkeys on it and pretend it is not happening or else deny it is a problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,558 ✭✭✭Ardillaun

Considering they’re getting 12% positivity rates on tests in some parts of Texas (up from 2% in early June) keeping those doors open seems incomprehensible.

Arizona is now 25% and Florida nearly 19%.

Ardillaun wrote: »
    Arizona is now 25% and Florida nearly 19%.

Fair few American accents around recently doing evrything just like the locals. It is only a matter of time.

saabsaab wrote: »
    Fair few American accents around recently doing evrything just like the locals. It is only a matter of time.
    Even if there are anecdotal visitor numbers, it doesn't have to work out that way. We've got a pretty decent testing system now.

is_that_so wrote: »
    Even if there are anecdotal visitor numbers, it doesn't have to work out that way. We've got a pretty decent testing system now.

I very much doubt that tourists will get themselves tested here. Maybe a few that are sick but not those who are not showing symptoms.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,077 ✭✭✭Away With The Fairies

5 flights from America coming in tomorrow morning. How are they allowing these flights to come in? All the while telling us to avoid travel.

Such hypocrites.

Advertisement