Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can we have some fcuking control on the airports from high risk countries please?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭Mortelaro

spurious wrote: »
    A friend of mine told me there is a bus load of Americans wandering around Adare this weekend. Can that be true?

I fail to see the problem if Adare businesses are adhering strictly to covid 19 protocols including disinfection and these people aren't visiting private peoples homes
    Same for other parts of the country

The bigger problem is the likes of what was going on in Dublin and elsewhere last night
    This is what the natives are at...

https://twitter.com/BarryWhyte85/status/1279523136413761544?s=19

• Registered Users Posts: 12,851 ✭✭✭✭average_runner

Mortelaro wrote: »
    I fail to see the problem if Adare businesses are adhering strictly to covid 19 protocols including disinfection and these people aren't visiting private peoples homes
    Same for other parts of the country

The bigger problem is the likes of what was going on in Dublin and elsewhere last night
    This is what the natives are at...

https://twitter.com/BarryWhyte85/status/1279523136413761544?s=19

Just shut down the pubs not behaving

A friend of mine told me there is a bus load of Americans wandering around Adare this weekend. Can that be true?

People keep saying this. But I’ve yet to see a photo of these plane loads or bus loads of Americans, or the hordes of UK registered cars rolling off the ferry, which is quite remarkable in this social media world.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,077 ✭✭✭Away With The Fairies

Check Dublin arrivals for tomorrow morning. There's Boston, New York and Chicago due in tomorrow morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 715 ✭✭✭gral6

Check Dublin arrivals for tomorrow morning. There's Boston, New York and Chicago due in tomorrow morning.

Grand ! Things are moving !

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,550 ✭✭✭ShineOn7

3 weeks after the first post on this thread: 15 of today's 23 cases are from from travel

I'm struggling to think of an EU country with weaker airport and travel restrictions than Ireland

• Registered Users Posts: 12,598 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Maybe we need to gather at airports to block the tourists from coming into the country, it would require a mass of people though, perhaps the government then might bring in the travel ban if they see such a reaction. Of course to do that, social distancing will go out the window.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,852 ✭✭✭Tenzor07

Maybe we need to gather at airports to block the tourists from coming into the country, it would require a mass of people though, perhaps the government then might bring in the travel ban if they see such a reaction. Of course to do that, social distancing will go out the window.

Will you be supplying the Pitchforks or should people bring their own?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,651 ✭✭✭✭Bass Reeves

What about Ireland of the cead mile failte.

Slava Ukrainii

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭Limpy

How about we quarantine all the vunerable people and let the rest of us get the country going again. A lot easier to do

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,731 ✭✭✭jam_mac_jam

ShineOn7 wrote: »
    3 weeks after the first post on this thread: 15 of today's 23 cases are from from travel

I'm struggling to think of an EU country with weaker airport and travel restrictions than Ireland

Unbelievable that we are still allowing those from the US in. Whatever about Europe.

flazio wrote: »
    And how exactly are you going to make Arlene Foster close all Northern Ireland air and sea ports off from her fellow country folk?

Just close the border between us and them so she doesn’t have to.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,950 ✭✭✭ChikiChiki

gral6 wrote: »
    Grand ! Things are moving !

**** that, arrivals should be banned from the USA. They need to get their **** together.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

Limpy wrote: »
    How about we quarantine all the vunerable people and let the rest of us get the country going again. A lot easier to do
    Sure, are you ready to pay for it?

Just close the border between us and them so she doesn’t have to.

The border is the reason Brexit didn't happen yet. Now its the republic's turn to feel the pain

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

Unbelievable that we are still allowing those from the US in. Whatever about Europe.
    Only 6 travel related cases over the last week. The alarm about travel is more about people going abroad and what they might bring back.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,427 ✭✭✭ZX7R

The northern Ireland / UK travel safe travel list may work in our favor slowing imported case's from high risk ie US
    But as long as we let those flights come in we are ironically putting the UK and northern Ireland at risk at the moment.

is_that_so wrote: »
    Only 6 travel related cases over the last week. The alarm about travel is more about people going abroad and what they might bring back.

:confused:

15 of today's 23 cases alone are from from travel

• Registered Users Posts: 10,042 ✭✭✭✭normanoffside

:confused:

15 of today's 23 cases alone are from from travel

15 related to travel.
    From what Dr Glynn was saying, it was a case of 1 or 2 coming back from travel and then meeting up with a group of friends.

15 related to travel.
    From what Dr Glynn was saying, it was a case of 1 or 2 coming back from travel and then meeting up with a group of friends.

"related to" or "from", the point is the same really; If our airports weren't so much of a joke we wouldn't have 15 of today's cases

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,042 ✭✭✭✭normanoffside

"related to" or "from", the point is the same really; If our airports weren't so much of a joke we wouldn't have 15 of today's cases

You don't know that though, you don't know where they came back from.
    It's unlikely that a cluster has appeared already due to the flights starting on 1st July.

It could easily be some Irish person having recently repatriated having been stranded abroad until very recently, then attending a house party/welcome back party (that's what it sounded like to me from reading between the lines).

If I am correct it's not the airport that is a joke but the fact that the passenger (s) did not observe the self Isolation.

I've said it before but the obvious solution would be testing at the airport.
    The TMB are already offering private PCR tests for €160 per individual, I can't see why a company wouldn't be allowed set up at the airport and test incoming individuals. Give them a choice to get a test or else make them sign to declare they will quarantine with some legal enforcement of that contract.

Bull****e..

• Registered Users Posts: 86,705 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

The quarantine when coming back is a joke, anyone can come here by sea or air or down from NI, the government needs to get tougher

• Registered Users Posts: 8,852 ✭✭✭Tenzor07

You don't know that though, you don't know where they came back from.
    It's unlikely that a cluster has appeared already due to the flights starting on 1st July.

Correct, I can't see anywhere which says that the 15 new cases came from someone who travelled here through Dublin airport, Ferryport, across the border from the North.
    Was it a returning fruit picker, was it a politician, an Irish nurse coming home to visit family after working the past 6 months in an NHS hospital..? You just don't know!

To suggest closing down the transport infrastructure and blocking all entry points with burning tyres and pitchforks or something just means those who suggest it need to stop cocooning and get some outside air for a change.

Will you be paying all these unemployed people from hospitality and aviation sectors? :rolleyes: We we borrow more?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,851 ✭✭✭✭average_runner

gral6 wrote: »
    Will you be paying all these unemployed people from hospitality and aviation sectors? :rolleyes: We we borrow more?

There be even more unemployed if we dont get a hold of this virus.
    Blocking airports could keep other businesses open.

There be even more unemployed if we dont get a hold of this virus.
    Blocking airports could keep other businesses open.

It would keep fuc.. all open. Get some fresh air, it helps.

• Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭wellwhynot

I read on ask about money that the cases related to travel from Iraq, Ukraine, Pakistan, Bangladesh and Sweden. I don’t believe there are direct flights to there so most likely came in from the U.K.

We have to get the airplanes back in the skies or they will go under and we will be stuck here. This was only about flattening the curve. The curve is flattened. We need to move on now.

Lives vs money. Money will always win.

• Advertisement

Lives vs money. Money will always win.

Money also = lives

Advertisement