Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

#SpeakOut - Sexual Assault Allegations Superthread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

• Registered Users Posts: 23,182 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Can't recall such a waste of potential like Dream. What an idiot.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

J. Marston wrote: »

I'll never get my head around how Dream thought he'd get away with those DMs. Not a very clever nonce.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,905 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

J. Marston wrote: »

Idiot isn't the word. Sounds like he was a ticking time-bomb on his way to doing serious damage to young lads.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,463 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Seems to be a thought the “not so wonderful news” is he’s tested positive for Covid too...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,133 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

I'm sure based on what he's supposed to have done (not saying he hasn't but you know how these things go), a lot of people wouldn't say it's "not so wonderful" that he got COVID.
    As with all of these allegations. He got caught this time but how many times has he done it and didn't get caught?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,463 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

• Registered Users Posts: 1,426 ✭✭✭montyrebel

Lord TSC wrote: »

good timing on that??

possible suicide attempt from guilt of what he is alleged to have done??

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

montyrebel wrote: »
    good timing on that??

possible suicide attempt from guilt of what he is alleged to have done??

Thats a bit of out there speculation based off the tweet.

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭the eternal struggler

beakerjoe wrote: »
    Thats a bit of out there speculation based off the tweet.

Especially considering he's been released from hospital.

• Advertisement

Jim Cornette's rebuttal was well worth a standalone.

Mad how the people that hated him most are the ones ending up being the (alleged) deviants.

Jim Cornette's rebuttal was well worth a standalone.

Mad how the people that hated him most are the ones ending up being the (alleged) deviants.

Cornette's rebuttal is unique because it's the only one given.

It's impossible for any single person accused to defend themselves. They will be either accused of victim blaming at best or lying rapists at the worst.

The public have decided that anyone brave enough to speak out needs to be believed. I just fear that it opens up opportunities for some spiteful people to easily ruin people's lives with false or exaggerated accounts.

This is in no way diminishing actual accounts of sexual abuse. Everyone has a right to be heard. Everyone has a right to be believed. That goes both ways.

Has there been anything new about Cornette since his response? I found him pretty much completely credible, anyone managed to pick holes in anything he said?

• Registered Users Posts: 60,698 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Especially considering he's been released from hospital.

Released from hospital means nothing when it comes to suicide attempt,

I seen guys not even taken to hospital just told to see there on GP and I've seen other sent to A & E and released with hours and told see there on GP the next day.

If mental health services are as bad in the States as they are here then it really doesn't matter.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,004 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Just in relation to the Jim cornette allegations which I've not heard anything past what was originally alleged. People need to remember that Jim cornette has recorded in diaries how much he spent on food and petrol on a random day in 1988 and in which town. My point is Jim cornette records everything.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

Released from hospital means nothing when it comes to suicide attempt,

I seen guys not even taken to hospital just told to see there on GP and I've seen other sent to A & E and released with hours and told see there on GP the next day.

If mental health services are as bad in the States as they are here then it really doesn't matter.

But is there anything at all to suggest it was suicide?

Its just a huge conclusion to jump to based off very little.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,133 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Could also have crashed due to sending more d*ck pics to 16 and 17 year olds while driving

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

sky88 wrote: »

Which big hairy vanilla guy is he? The one that kept sending unanswered texts over and over and over?

• Registered Users Posts: 60,698 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

• Advertisement

You'd have to wonder just how dim Riddle is, taking selfies kissing the woman he's having an affair with. I thought responding to DMs he received from twats who would screenshot everything was be as stupid as he could get but seemingly not.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,426 ✭✭✭montyrebel

she was caught out faking pics last time so not sure what to make of these ones

• Registered Users Posts: 23,182 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Unless he has done something else, it's just an affair. It's a shìtty thing to do to someone but it's not illegal and both are at fault. Riddle is high profile, I'm sure she knew he had a wife.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,851 ✭✭✭Pentecost

Yeah it's a different scenario than grooming teenage fans.

That's all true and to punish him based on this would be ludicrous. I'm just saying he seems a bit of a simpleton.

It's actually these jilted lover witch hunts that's turned this very serious and important issue into something that's dismissable now. People who have actually groomed kids and abused women have been outed and rightly removed. Yes, having an affair on your wife/girlfriend sucks, falling for someone after a one night stand who doesn't fall for you back sucks, it's not the public's business nor are your selfies.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,195 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

It's actually these jilted lover witch hunts that's turned this very serious and important issue into something that's dismissable now. People who have actually groomed kids and abused women have been outed and rightly removed. Yes, having an affair on your wife/girlfriend sucks, falling for someone after a one night stand who doesn't fall for you back sucks, it's not the public's business nor are your selfies.

It's sad but it always happens.
    As things go on it's original and true meaning gets lost. Remember the ALS Ice Bucket challenge? The original version was simple: donate some money, dunk ice water on yourself and nominate three people.
    It got diluted in to just doing the challenge (giving no money) and further more got morphed in to just "the ice bucket challenge" (no mention of ALS)

It's believed it made 220 million world wide. So that's nothing to be scoffed at. Thing is tho, if everyone who did it gave a single euro it would have generated billions as everyone and their granny seemed to be doing it.

Sadly will always happen.

It's sad but it always happens.
    As things go on it's original and true meaning gets lost. Remember the ALS Ice Bucket challenge? The original version was simple: donate some money, dunk ice water on yourself and nominate three people.
    It got diluted in to just doing the challenge (giving no money) and further more got morphed in to just "the ice bucket challenge" (no mention of ALS)

It's believed it made 220 million world wide. So that's nothing to be scoffed at. Thing is tho, if everyone who did it gave a single euro it would have generated billions as everyone and their granny seemed to be doing it.

Sadly will always happen.

I appreciated challenge for helping me thin the herd on Facebook

• Registered Users Posts: 11,195 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

Just seen Alexander Dean's tweet from June 18th:

https://twitter.com/RatherBeDean/status/1273740222426157058

FFPW's tweet also from June 18th (47 minutes before Dean's Tweet):

https://twitter.com/FFPWIreland/status/1273730866246815747

One would imagine he'd just stop wrestling at this point.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,454 ✭✭✭showpony1

Matt Riddle has posted a video branding his #speakout movement accuser as a stalker/Liar.

Advertisement