Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Roller/striping kit

Options
  • 18-06-2020 11:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭

Does anyone know where I can get a roller/striping kit for a ride on mower. Finding them hard to come by from google search

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,897 ✭✭✭✭Discodog

Pious14 wrote: »
    Does anyone know where I can get a roller/striping kit for a ride on mower. Finding them hard to come by from google search

You can get a tow behind roller but it reduces manoeuvrability eg reversing. An integrated roller is difficult because of the grass box is in the way.

• Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭Pious14

Discodog wrote: »
    You can get a tow behind roller but it reduces manoeuvrability eg reversing. An integrated roller is difficult because of the grass box is in the way.

Thanks. Ideally I’d like to have it done as I was cutting. having to roll after spending over an hour cutting grass isn’t ideal. I guess il just have to leave it that one shade of green (or change my lawnmower which won’t be happening for a while)

Pious14 wrote: »
    Thanks. Ideally I’d like to have it done as I was cutting. having to roll after spending over an hour cutting grass isn’t ideal. I guess il just have to leave it that one shade of green (or change my lawnmower which won’t be happening for a while)

The only ride ons that really stripe are made by Countax/Westwood. They have a roller built into the grass collector. It could be possible with some ride ons to fabricate a roller that hangs below the grass box.

• Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭RonanC

I'd like to get something like this that you can add to your own mower, but haven't seen them for sale anywhere here:

https://ryanknorrlawncare.com/product/lawn-stryper-lawn-striping-system/

Striping isn't a thing here. For example Honda don't import their roller mowers into Ireland as there's no demand.

On pedestrian mowers there's not usually enough room under the grass box.

You can make a striping flap that brushes the grass in one direction but you have to allow for reversing.

A replacement roller for a Countax isn't that expensive & could form part of a home installation.

• Advertisement
Advertisement