Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lough Owel Flooding

Options
  • 18-06-2020 11:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭

Hi

I'm interested in buying a house that overlooks Lough Owel in Mullingar, and I'm worried about potential flooding. The house itself is elevated, but the lower field in front of the house is my worry. Is the part of the N4 that passes by Lough Owel ever impassable due to flooding? I believe the train line in that area has problems with flooding, so I was wondering if the flooding ever crosses the road.

Thanks
    Tom

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,130 ✭✭✭Rodin

T0MMY wrote: »
    Hi

I'm interested in buying a house that overlooks Lough Owel in Mullingar, and I'm worried about potential flooding. The house itself is elevated, but the lower field in front of the house is my worry. Is the part of the N4 that passes by Lough Owel ever impassable due to flooding? I believe the train line in that area has problems with flooding, so I was wondering if the flooding ever crosses the road.

Thanks
    Tom

Ring an insurance firm

• Registered Users Posts: 9 lte

I've never seen it flood there over the past 40 years. The train line there has never been flooded either - occasional spray hits a train during storms. Despite the name, the lake has never made it to the field.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 157 ✭✭Liamo57

Ive never witnessed flooding here in 40 years.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,072 ✭✭✭rn

This is worth checking https://www.floodinfo.ie/

• Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭Drifter50

Can`t remember Lough Owel flooding here at all in the last 20 years anyway. This would`nt be one of the tricky spots. The railway would be first to go anyway

• Advertisement
Advertisement