Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Windows 10 cloning gone pearshaped

Options
  • 19-06-2020 12:13am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

My bother has a Herobook with an 64gig EMMC drive. I attempted to clone the Harddrive to an SSD in the Herobook Expansion bay using Macrium Reflect 7. Followed everything to the letter but now the machine will boot, I get the Chuwi Logo, screen stays black and I get a cursor with a blue spinning circle.

When I enter the BIOS the boot order lists the SSD as first to boot. Have totally Donald Ducked this laptop or how can I get the OS back onto the SSD properly?

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭BailMeOut

Have you put the original old disk back in again and if so does it work?
    Did you check for a new laptop BIOS version as maybe current version needs an update to support SSD?
    Is AHCI enabled? Try both enabled and disabled.

I had a similar issue doing my laptop which worked with SATA but not with SSD and turned out to be the cable/connector as once I changed it everything worked ok.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,163 ✭✭✭ZENER

Did you use the Clone dialog in Macrium ? There's an option in Macrium to rebuild the bcd which can sometimes screw up.

https://kb.macrium.com/KnowledgebaseArticle50168.aspx

Ken

Advertisement