Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

expansion vessel needed or not

• 19-06-2020 7:15am
    Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭

Hi how is everyone?
    I recently changed my hot water tank from the old copper one that needed a lagging jacket to the new one that has the blue insulation around it, perfect job, question is there was an expansion vessel installed on top of the old copper one but the plumber said I didn't need it when he was changing the tank so he left it off, now he did say if there was a problem give him a bell and he'd be straight over to put it back on but he didn't see that happening, so far so good anyway the heating is perfect touch wood, , any idea why it was there in the first place and why it's not needed now? We used to have to heat the water to have a shower but we got an electric shower installed last year would that have anything to do with it??? We have gas heating with a baxi solo boiler. I should of asked him to explain more but I was on the night shift and knackered and was just glad to have it done. Thanks for any help or explanation.

Advertisement