Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

keyboard suggestions

Options
  • 19-06-2020 10:01am
    Registered Users Posts: 5,911 ✭✭✭

hows it going folks

looking for whatever people consider best backlit tenkeyless cherry brown out there ? any good reviews

wireless would be nice but not a dealbreaker, same for dedicated media keys. not that worried about cost.

ta

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,706 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

I'm loving my Magicforce Smart 2 68 :)

Wireless performance is good, keycaps are nice.
    Note that it's not truly backlit (the keycaps are not see-through).

HyperX Alloy Origins Core is good too; very stable build for under 100 quid. Not wireless though & keycaps are thin ABS instead of thick PBT.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Ghostrider7

I've been looking into changing my keyboard also. So many factors to consider. Have tried a few but they just didn't have that feel.

It's mainly for office work from home. Was looking at wireless, programmable keys, quiet keys.

Starting to settle for the Corsair K55. It's wired but has the programmable keys, media keys and price wise not to bad. Going for €65 in Currys at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,911 ✭✭✭trellheim

thanks folks k55 isnt tenkeyless AFAICS, it's got a numpad ??

kiki did you have to get that off alibaba or amazon - if you want instant gratification

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

There might be something here of interest: https://www.keychron.com/collections/keyboard I have a Keychron K2 with brown Gateron switches, I love it. I wanted to get a Mac layout keyboard for work (bastards make me use a MacBook Pro :P ). I also have a CM Storm tenkeyless with brown Cherry switches at home on my desktop (which I've been using since the lockdown) and I think I prefer the Gaterons - certainly, I don't seem to make as many typos with that keyboard as I do with this one :)

• Registered Users Posts: 18,706 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

trellheim wrote: »
    kiki did you have to get that off alibaba or amazon - if you want instant gratification

I bought it from BangGood but with the slow shipping (by mistake) & at the height of COVID delays - took 2 months to get here.

• Advertisement

To come back to this I bought a drevo blademaster pro cherry brown which I am not overly enamoured of, far too clanky . I might buy silent red model just to see what the difference is.

If I did would anyone be interested in the Cherry brown ?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,878 ✭✭✭Robert ninja

A streamer I watch recently used https://kbdfans.com/ because he said he simply could not find the EXACT keyboard setup he wanted. They seem really expensive but it might be the way to go if you want something tailored to your specific tastes.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,023 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

A streamer I watch recently used https://kbdfans.com/ because he said he simply could not find the EXACT keyboard setup he wanted. They seem really expensive but it might be the way to go if you want something tailored to your specific tastes.

You need to pay customs and Vat on top of KDB fans as well. Shipping is taking quite a while at the moment.

If you want to build your own you can get everything to build a nice 60% from Mechboards.co.uk. Drop have keyboards as well so worth a look.

Alternatively you could buy something like a Ducky 60% and swap the case to an aluminum one for a more premium feel.

If you want something a bit rarer you can check out r/mechgroupbuys, r/mechmarket or r/mechanicalkeyboards. They post group buys for practically everything from cases, PCBs, switches and keycaps but things get expensive quickly.

Indeed. this is something I looked at a long time ago back when I was on IBM mainframes. and the old AT keyboards .,... but its mad dipping back in again...

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,707 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

• Advertisement
Advertisement