Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Firestick general discussion thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,620 ✭✭✭✭joujoujou
    Unregistered Users

joujoujou wrote: »
    Ethernet adapter will likely sort that out permanently. :)
    Sorry, forgot a link.

https://www.ebay.ie/itm/373278405586?var=642210519277

Even though they claim it doesn't work with FS 4k, in fact, it works.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,185 ✭✭✭mossie

Ethernet adapter will likely sort that out permanently. :)

Yeah I got ethernet adapters for all my firesticks and they're rock solid since.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,766 ✭✭✭One More Toy

Sorry, forgot a link.

Thanks i might pick this up. Does it work fine with the firestick?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,163 ✭✭✭Invincible

JCDUB wrote: »
    My 4k firestick has stopped recognising the wi-fi in my house.

When I say stopped recognising, it recognises it and connects to it but says the wi-fi is not connected to the internet, which it is.

Did a small bit of googling and it seems to be a known problem. Planned obsolescence perhaps? It's about 2 years old.

Does anybody have any suggestions? I read that Amazon customer service won't be any help.

Try, forget network and sign in again, worked for me before, only time I had to do a factory reset was when apps weren't appearing on home screen.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,559 ✭✭✭bassy

Invincible wrote: »
    Try, forget network and sign in again, worked for me before, only time I had to do a factory reset was when apps weren't appearing on home screen.

I had the same problem connected to the 5ghz wifi so reverted to the 2.5ghz and it's been perfect ever since.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 46,015 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Does it work fine with the firestick?
    Its for a firestick :confused:

muffler wrote: »
    Its for a firestick :confused:

It says in the item description not compatible with FS 4k

It says in the item description not compatible with FS 4k
    Did you even read the post you quoted above?

You didnt ask anything about a 4k firestick but joujoujou did state this ...

Was just double checking that there's zero issues with 4k and works as well as the amazon one. Sorry for making you type up a response :/

• Registered Users Posts: 3,820 ✭✭✭FanadMan

I was going to order one but saw that it said that it's not for 4K. I came back here to complain :pac: and saw that it DOES actually work with 4K.

Mine has shipped and is on its way.

Thanks joujoujou for confirming

• Advertisement

FanadMan wrote: »
    I was going to order one but saw that it said that it's not for 4K. I came back here to complain :pac: and saw that it DOES actually work with 4K.

Yes thank you joujoujou!

I find it odd they say its not compatible with FS 4k when it is, they're losing sales as a result

• Registered Users Posts: 12,485 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

Anytime I had a WiFi connection issue repeating over a few days, I did a factory reset (which is a pain) and sorted the issue, always connects to 5Ghz and speed tests give 300 down.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,756 ✭✭✭Nigzcurran

Anyone using WiFi on a firestick is crazy! The Ethernet adapters work superbly and I have had zero issues with losing connection of any description

• Registered Users Posts: 1,377 ✭✭✭jgbyr

Nigzcurran wrote: »
    Anyone using WiFi on a firestick is crazy! The Ethernet adapters work superbly and I have had zero issues with losing connection of any description

Maybe not everyone has homeplugs or can cable to the router. They are WiFi devices after all.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,343 ✭✭✭bladespin

Any you'd recommend? I've about a 5m distance to the router but am sure I could make a decent cable to suit.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,941 ✭✭✭krustydoyle

I bought an ethernet cable for my firestick.. It won't connect properly despite been right beside the modem.. Says I've no Internet connection when I go through the process of setting it up

Unregistered Users

FanadMan wrote: »

Yes thank you joujoujou!

I find it odd they say its not compatible with FS 4k when it is, they're losing sales as a result

You're both very welcome! :D

I bought that very one myself a year ago and didn't even notice seller's warning about 4k incompatibility. Despite that, it flawlessly works with my 4k FS from the day one. :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭degsie

I already have a FLIRC dongle connected to my 4K FS, how can I get an ethernet connection in conjunction with the FLIRC when the otg cable provides only one connection?

jgbyr wrote: »
    Maybe not everyone has homeplugs or can cable to the router. They are WiFi devices after all.

Argos sell cheap home plugs and they are top class

bladespin wrote: »
    Any you'd recommend? I've about a 5m distance to the router but am sure I could make a decent cable to suit.

I bought the official one off Amazon, think it was €20 ish iirc. I’m far away from the router and just bought a cheap set of home plugs from Argos that work flawlessly

• Advertisement

degsie wrote: »
    I already have a FLIRC dongle connected to my 4K FS, how can I get an ethernet connection in conjunction with the FLIRC when the otg cable provides only one connection?

What’s a FLIRC?

I use wifi. I know Im crazy and have been for years but the firestick is fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,343 ✭✭✭bladespin

What’s a FLIRC?

https://flirc.tv/ Maybe

• Registered Users Posts: 6,559 ✭✭✭bassy

Not much use when your using firestick on a projector that's away from router regarding ethernet connection.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭degsie

What’s a FLIRC?

Allows you to use an IR remote with your firestick. Needed for me as I have an older all-in-one logitech harmony remote. Looking to add an ethernet dongle also but the otg cable allows only one usb connection.

• Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭afro man

Sorry, forgot a link.

Joujoujou.. what do i need when u go onto link it gives you three optoins to buy..

Unregistered Users

Adapter + cable. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,723 ✭✭✭oleras

RE:Ethernet adapter.

The official amazon one comes in at £11.66 (prime) due to the VAT anomaly at the moment, think the ebay one was just over a tenner.

Had the same issue over xmas, factory reset sorted it. Adapter on the way though.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,485 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

I use wifi. I know Im crazy and have been for years but the firestick is fine.

I'm crazy too. Less wires the better, found wifi works grand on both of my sticks. Had issue twice, factory reset solved it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭JCDUB

Sorry, forgot a link.

Sorry, I'm a bit confused. From that link it looks like I still need to buy a LAN(?) cable, the one that goes from the router into the adaptor? Is that correct?

Advertisement