Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Firestick general discussion thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,782 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

loyatemu wrote: »
    you need to sideload it as an APK - this is the link on Aptoide: https://prime-video-android-tv.en.aptoide.com/app

I've downloaded and installed that app, thanks. Just wondering now, I've already got a prime account here in Ireland. Do I just sign into this new apk with this account on a UK vpn?

• Registered Users Posts: 412 ✭✭IrlJidel

Fann Linn wrote: »
    I've downloaded and installed that app, thanks. Just wondering now, I've already got a prime account here in Ireland. Do I just sign into this new apk with this account on a UK vpn?

I didn't have to use a sideloaded Prime video app just used the standard Prime video app store that's already included. You get the no connection error when you try to load Prime content from the home screen / Amazon launcher. Just use the Prime video app just like you use Disney+. As you have Irish Prime video don't use a vpn.

• Registered Users Posts: 824 ✭✭✭boardtc

boardtc wrote: »
    I tried Smart DNS Proxy but their support said ii was not compatible with the Eir eir F2000 modem. I have since been upgraded to the EIR efibre box 1A 1.0, but haven't tried it with that, has anyone?

Their support said the latest Eir F3000 modem does not have static routing either :-(

• Registered Users Posts: 17,012 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

boardtc wrote:
    Their support said the latest Eir F3000 modem does not have static routing either :-(

You can buy a router yourself if you want. You can use it along side or instead of the eir router

• Registered Users Posts: 12,486 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

Has anyone got Australian or NZ catch up apps to work? I changed my device to Oz on amazon and got the 7plus and channel 10 apps on the firestick but no way will they work with the Australian VPN on. I got a set of ads to play but nothing more.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭Pocaide

Cant remember correctly but I think you need to create an account for those apps. Also find it hard to get Vpn's that worked well for Australia.

Pocaide wrote: »
    Cant remember correctly but I think you need to create an account for those apps. Also find it hard to get Vpn's that worked well for Australia.
    I did all the account thing and registering the app. TVNZ recognised the Vpn but 7 plus just gave errors. I did get ads to play

• Registered Users Posts: 942 ✭✭✭Trevord

TheDriver wrote: »
    Has anyone got Australian or NZ catch up apps to work? I changed my device to Oz on amazon and got the 7plus and channel 10 apps on the firestick but no way will they work with the Australian VPN on. I got a set of ads to play but nothing more.

I have tried side loading a few Australian apps of late but no joy. Looks like location/VPN is being detected.

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭narodvale

Firestick no longer purchasable in ROI?

Doesn’t seem to be listed on Currys or wherever it was previously

narodvale wrote:

It was never intended for the Irish Market. That's why Amazon won't post it to Ireland. You can get them from dealers on Donedeal and Ebay. Unfortunately the days of half price firesticks from amazon are gone for Ireland

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 427 ✭✭Boxcar_Willie

Sleeper12 wrote: »
    It was never intended for the Irish Market. That's why Amazon won't post it to Ireland. You can get them from dealers on Donedeal and Ebay. Unfortunately the days of half price firesticks from amazon are gone for Ireland

Got a few at Curry’s in Newry yesterday,
    £29 each fir Lite , £49 for 4K
    Click & Collect

Also back in stock at Argos

• Registered Users Posts: 3,820 ✭✭✭FanadMan

narodvale wrote: »

They come and go in Currys - just keep an eye on the site. Or get them from an online reseller

• Registered Users Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

I ordered a couple of firesticks from Argos ireland the other day.

Confirmation email says they'll be delivered in approximately 14 days. Ridiculous.

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭magicmoves

Did anyone manage to install sky go and get it working. I am getting error code: -20190005

• Registered Users Posts: 427 ✭✭Boxcar_Willie

magicmoves wrote: »
    Did anyone manage to install sky go and get it working. I am getting error code: -20190005

Won’t work

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭johnire

Does anyone have any luck in getting BBC IPLAYER and ITV HUB to work. I've Express VPN and it's excellent but neither of those two apps work other than very occasionally.

johnire wrote:
    Does anyone have any luck in getting BBC IPLAYER and ITV HUB to work. I've Express VPN and it's excellent but neither of those two apps work other than very occasionally.

Expressvpn has a dns service included with your subscription. This will definitely work for iplayer. The only thing it does not work for is UK Now TV

• Registered Users Posts: 655 ✭✭✭Dtoffee

johnire wrote: »

I have Express VPN and the BBC Iplayer works on it, but I have to admit it can have its moments. I was told that the fault is in the I-player app that the BBC use as its not as good s the CH4 one.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,782 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

Dtoffee wrote: »
    I have Express VPN and the BBC Iplayer works on it, but I have to admit it can have its moments. I was told that the fault is in the I-player app that the BBC use as its not as good s the CH4 one.

Both work great with Surf shark. Currently watching Bloodlands without a glitch.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭johnire

I've sideloaded an APK for the RTE Player but the content on it is different to the official app I have on my iPad. Has anyone else noticed this? The content on the Firestick through the APK is much less.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,510 ✭✭✭Wheety

johnire wrote: »

I've been using Getflix and both of those work flawlessly. Think you can get a 2 week free trial. I then paid €30 for 2 years. Also have my UK Prime video working again with it. US Netflix too.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 cyril42

i got itv hub to work using Nord VPN. No luck with BBC iplayer as you need a tv licence number to get it working

• Registered Users Posts: 2,187 ✭✭✭mossie

cyril42 wrote: »
    i got itv hub to work using Nord VPN. No luck with BBC iplayer as you need a tv licence number to get it working

I've never been asked for a TV licence number. It's asks if I have a licence but no number

huh? It only asks me if I have a licence, Yes/No

• Registered Users Posts: 12,032 ✭✭✭✭L'prof

huh? It only asks me if I have a licence, Yes/No

Same

• Registered Users Posts: 9,759 ✭✭✭lertsnim

No luck with BBC iplayer as you need a tv licence number to get it working

I've heard some people say this but like the others I have never been asked for a licence number, just Yes or No.

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭magicmoves

If you have a uk address setup on your amazon account it should get around this.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,083 ✭✭✭chasm

narodvale wrote: »

Check Tesco, my local store has the fire stick lite for 40.50 and the firestick with alexa for 51 euro

Has anyone used F1 TV Pro on the firestick? Poland seems to have it for 50 a year. I assume you'd have to stream through a VPN? (In the event that S Sport + has no english comentary)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

Has anyone used F1 TV Pro on the firestick? Poland seems to have it for 50 a year. I assume you'd have to stream through a VPN? (In the event that S Sport + has no english comentary)

F1tv subreddit on reddit is fairly active check that out.

Advertisement