Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Firestick general discussion thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,012 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

Anybody having issues with the iplayer loading on the firestick.
    I have cleared cache, data, uninstalled, reinstalled but still have the same issue.

My5 is working fine.

Thanks

It's more likely your VPON or DNS going slow rather than the app itself. If you have a sideloaded app I'd uninstall it & install one from the fire app store, this might help

• Registered Users Posts: 8,154 ✭✭✭batistuta9

Trevord wrote: »
    See post #333

No need for mouse toggle etc. anymore.

It works with android TV now meaning it'll work properly using the remote

Just download it on your phone & install on firetv with easyfiretools or similar.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,243 ✭✭✭Mav11

Anyone having Ssport vpn issues. I’m using Surfshark and it seem to be picking it up as a non valid ip. Working fine up to now.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,486 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

Mav11 wrote: »
    Anyone having Ssport vpn issues. I’m using Surfshark and it seem to be picking it up as a non valid ip. Working fine up to now.

There's chat about this over on the bargain alerts forum. Surfshark issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

Mav11 wrote: »

Turning off the vpn then connecting again fixed it for me

• Advertisement

Anyone get nowtv working? I got the app but when I login, it says unable to load video and freezes.

• Registered Users Posts: 82,321 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

TheDriver wrote: »
    Anyone get nowtv working? I got the app but when I login, it says unable to load video and freezes.

Same for me, has never worked.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,246 ✭✭✭SCOOP 64

Same here

It seems to want me to sign in through Amazon rather than use my standalone account.

• Registered Users Posts: 424 ✭✭clickhere

batistuta9 wrote: »
    No need for mouse toggle etc. anymore.

It works with android TV now meaning it'll work properly using the remote

Just download it on your phone & install on firetv with easyfiretools or similar.

Thanks for that Batistuta9, you can actually download it from the app store on the firestick. It works great as well. All we need now is our national broadcaster who is paid a huge license fee to give us a player that is fit for purpose.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,243 ✭✭✭Mav11

Lucas Hood wrote: »
    Turning off the vpn then connecting again fixed it for me

Yep, did it for me as well. Working now.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,813 ✭✭✭Tigerandahalf

Sleeper12 wrote: »
    It's more likely your VPON or DNS going slow rather than the app itself. If you have a sideloaded app I'd uninstall it & install one from the fire app store, this might help

My dns is working fine on my phone and I can view the iplayer.

I have the official iplayer on the firestick. I have uninstalled and reinstalled and no luck. I get a black screen with 'loading BBC iplayer' in tiny writing in the middle. Nothing happens then.

• Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭Equium

Eventually, yes. I had issues at the start due to having my Amazon location set to the UK. There are different apps for there and Ireland, so make sure you have the correct one.

I can also send on the working APK if required. I retrieved it to sideload onto a new Fire Cube.

clickhere wrote: »
    Thanks for that Batistuta9, you can actually download it from the app store on the firestick. It works great as well. All we need now is our national broadcaster who is paid a huge license fee to give us a player that is fit for purpose.

Just got it there, will try it out later. Even live TV worked good in the android TV version.

The rte player app that's posted on this thread actually works quite well, no ads either. Have you tried it?

Equium wrote: »
    Eventually, yes. I had issues at the start due to having my Amazon location set to the UK. There are different apps for there and Ireland, so make sure you have the correct one.

I can also send on the working APK if required. I retrieved it to sideload onto a new Fire Cube.

I tried it but it still tries to give me a UK app. I'd appreciate if you could send on the APK. Whats the best way?

I tried it but it still tries to give me a UK app. I'd appreciate if you could send on the APK. Whats the best way?

No problem. I have sent you a PM.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,744 ✭✭✭Brock Turnpike

No problem. I have sent you a PM.

Any chance I could get that too please? I'm having the same issues as the above poster.

I sent PMs to both of you but not sure if they went through.

Here's the apk for anyone interested.

https://easyupload.io/63nvvo

Worked a charm, thank you.
    Why does your one work and appstore one doesn't?

No worries! It's the least I can do after I availed of your amazing S Sports+ post.

Both the UK and Ireland apps have the same version number too which is an extra confusion.

It took me 3 or 4 restarts of the Firestick for it to recognise that I had changed location to Ireland. Out of interest, how many reviews does the app you see on in the store have? I knew I had the correct app when I saw that he number of reviews on the storefront were much reduced.

By the way: for anyone with a Fire Cube, this apk works perfectly on it too. There isn't currently an official app available for that device.

• Advertisement

No worries! It's the least I can do after I availed of your amazing S Sports+ post.

Both the UK and Ireland apps have the same version number too which is an extra confusion.

It took me 3 or 4 restarts of the Firestick for it to recognise that I had changed location to Ireland. Out of interest, how many reviews does the app you see on in the store have? I knew I had the correct app when I saw that he number of reviews on the storefront were much reduced.

By the way: for anyone with a Fire Cube, this apk works perfectly on it too. There isn't currently an official app available for that device.

So just to clarify; I need to update my Amazon location to Ireland before opening the app?

So just to clarify; I need to update my Amazon location to Ireland before opening the app?

I don't think so. You just need to set location to Ireland to actually download the app properly from the store.

Since you have the app, just make sure you are geographically in Ireland {or in Ireland via a VPN) when signing in.

What did you change? Just location or the store on amazon.

The UK one has over 16000 reviews, Irish has 27 :D
    Seen it last night after installing virgin but it unavailable to install as my store is set to UK.

If any vpn works for it UK is better value, you could even add boost for HD for the same price as Ireland

I nicked the idea from lucas Hood but thank you all the same.

I don't think so. You just need to set location to Ireland to actually download the app properly from the store.

Since you have the app, just make sure you are geographically in Ireland {or in Ireland via a VPN) when signing in.

Cheers, I managed to get it from the app store. It's easier to find it on amazon website and deliver it to your firestick. At least it will stay updated.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

Someone mentioned to use Cyprus vpn for s sport on ba thread.

Working very well.

• Registered Users Posts: 424 ✭✭clickhere

batistuta9 wrote: »
    Just got it there, will try it out later. Even live TV worked good in the android TV version.

The rte player app that's posted on this thread actually works quite well, no ads either. Have you tried it?

Yes I was using it for long time, but now it just crashes every time I use it.

This was my experience too. A few restarts and then eventually managed to install it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,918 ✭✭✭ActingDanClark

Sorry folks , at the risk of appearing lazy but to avoid going back through hundreds of posts:- using fire TV for years but last 2 years am with an internet provider that isn't VPN friendly. I have paid subscription smart DNS on individual appliances around the house but not on firetv. Have various apps sideloaded onto 2 new cubes but would love to be able to use catch-up services - I've scrolled back and forth through this thread - could some kind soul steer me right?

• Advertisement

clickhere wrote: »
    Yes I was using it for long time, but now it just crashes every time I use it.

there was problems a few weeks ago but it's back working fine now.

This is the one I've installed
    https://aapks.com/apk/rte-rte/version/42841347/

Advertisement