Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Firestick general discussion thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 422 ✭✭clickhere

I have a one plus phone and can't get it to connect to the firestick Mirroring. I have checked all the obvious things like same network and display enabled. It sees the firestick and tries to connect but just times out. I know it's a long shot but you never know. Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,763 ✭✭✭One More Toy

Wait a sec, you can mirror your phone on screen via firestick? Tell me more...

• Registered Users Posts: 422 ✭✭clickhere

Wait a sec, you can mirror your phone on screen via firestick? Tell me more...

https://youtu.be/N5xxfJbqq1A

• Registered Users Posts: 4,682 ✭✭✭ablelocks

when i use a logitech elite to watch tv, it turns on the tv, receiver and sky box, but after 2-3 minutes the fire cube automatically switches on which causes the receiver to switch to watch firecube.

it's probably obvious to change this in the cube settings, but i can't find it

any ideas?

Edit : sorted by turning off hdmi-cec in the receiver. thanks to badlyfukt in the home automation forum

• Registered Users Posts: 7,141 ✭✭✭corkie

corkie wrote: »
    Looks like a certain app store for questionable apk downloads (firestick etc) may have been forced to shutdown. DMCA?

:(

The Digital Services Act 2024 [EU] ~ Social Media and You ~ Nanny State guidance for parental monitoring of apps ~ Censorship: - broad laws that will probably effect Adult use of same.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,904 ✭✭✭✭Tom Mann Centuria

corkie wrote: »
    :(

Since filelinked has been mentioned dozens of times in this thread, including OP I'd say you're ok. Shame it's gone, it was a handy way of getting all the apps in one place.

Oh well, give me an easy life and a peaceful death.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,820 ✭✭✭FanadMan

Since filelinked has been mentioned dozens of times in this thread, including OP I'd say you're ok. Shame it's gone, it was a handy way of getting all the apps in one place.

Wonder was it Amazon that got it taken down?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,004 ✭✭✭FileNotFound

Personally I use troypoint for sideload using Downloader

Then just change location for geo locked apps.

Covers every app i have ever needed to date

• Registered Users Posts: 11,996 ✭✭✭✭L'prof

Any way to avail of the Prime day discounts on the 4K stick? Previously I used parcel motel but that’s a non runner now

L'prof wrote: »
    Any way to avail of the Prime day discounts on the 4K stick? Previously I used parcel motel but that’s a non runner now

Addresspal is still active, you may get stung for a couple of euros VAT though.

Alternative send it to a mate in UK or NI.

Some also use post offices in NI and collect from there but this is only viable for those that regularly travel north or live close to the border

• Advertisement

Addresspal is still active, you may get stung for a couple of euros VAT though.

Alternative send it to a mate in UK or NI.

Some also use post offices in NI and collect from there but this is only viable for those that regularly travel north or live close to the border

Or use thepostalstore.ie if you live in Donegal or Monaghan

• Registered Users Posts: 1,903 ✭✭✭Ohmeha

Peacock TV app for Fire TV finally launched today on US Amazon app store so no more sideloads

• Registered Users Posts: 420 ✭✭odddavey

Ohmeha wrote: »
    Peacock TV app for Fire TV finally launched today on US Amazon app store so no more sideloads
    it recognised I was using a vpn and it wouldn't work.
    That was in May, last time I tried. Does it work now?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,546 ✭✭✭dubrov

You pay the Adresspal handling fee plus their postage fee and then Irish VAT in the total

Given the 4k firestick costs 50GBP now, you'd be looking at probably another 20GBP on top.

The Google with Chromecast looks a much better option at that price

odddavey wrote: »

That will mean you need a better VPN

• Registered Users Posts: 3,929 ✭✭✭Monokne

Express VPN works with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 412 ✭✭IrlJidel

What vpn you use? I use keepsolid - if it happens occasionally I just use a different US endpoint and it works. It's the same with ipvanish.

• Registered Users Posts: 939 ✭✭✭Trevord

For KeepSolid the server they have designated for HBO works for Peacock.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,542 ✭✭✭bassy

filelinked is back guys :D

bassy wrote: »

Is anyone using it? Tanyas code isn't working and neither is my IPTV providers

• Advertisement

FanadMan wrote: »
    Is anyone using it? Tanyas code isn't working and neither is my IPTV providers

youtube is your friend ;)

Seems to be a replacement to Filelinked. Hopefully it'll soon get populated by the Filelinked uploaders.

No it is not, it's a clone.
    FanadMan wrote: »
    Seems to be a replacement to Filelinked. Hopefully it'll soon get populated by the Filelinked uploaders.

And they have already run into database issues.

Rumor is there is another clone due to be released next week. It will be a case of waiting to see which one becomes popular with YT creators and people who create stores.

The Digital Services Act 2024 [EU] ~ Social Media and You ~ Nanny State guidance for parental monitoring of apps ~ Censorship: - broad laws that will probably effect Adult use of same.

AppLinked site and app have been updated.

The other app in development called @filesynced
    Twitter is about as much we know about it at this stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,393 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

If anyone wants HBOMax for 2.50 a month, head over to bargains forum. Native hbo app works fine, VPN required.

• Registered Users Posts: 939 ✭✭✭Trevord

TheDriver wrote: »
    If anyone wants HBOMax for 2.50 a month, head over to bargains forum. Native hbo app works fine, VPN required.

Does it allow more than 1 screen simultaneously?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,878 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

Trevord wrote:
    Does it allow more than 1 screen simultaneously?

I think 3 screens at the same time

Choice's for Android TV devices.

• applinked
    • unlinked
    • FileSynced

Last only been released tonight.

See Youtube or your YT creator websites.

Avoid linktr(.)ee/heylink(.)me websites due to TOS/PP for questionable apk's.

Wonder which will become the most popular.

Most apks are optimized for TV use, and you better of using websites for Phones/Tablets.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 643 ✭✭✭john_doe.

What are the options for buying these now in Ireland? Have a few , need another one but the amazon people won't ship here.

Advertisement