Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Floor is Lava (Netflix)

• 19-06-2020 11:36am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,553 ✭✭✭✭

New show on Netflix today, based on the premise of the "Floor is Lava" game (funnily enough).

The floor is really red water (boo - chickensh*ts), but it's a fun show. :D

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,054 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Netflix continue their tradition of batsh*t quiz shows..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,338 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Looks like a mixture of Crystal Maze and Ninja Warrior. I'm in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,250 ✭✭✭Hodors Appletart

my kid will absolutely love this

floor is lava is his favourite lockdown game

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

Same, Kids (8 & 4) got a great kick out of it..... Full on American Contestants are obviously grating but it comes with the territory

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,250 ✭✭✭Hodors Appletart

watched a few eps and now I have an obstacle course in the sitting room!!

I really dislike the whole backstory and gushing contestants it's the same in The Titan Games.

annoying dopes

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,248 ✭✭✭✭Hurrache

I don't think their stories are gushing at all, defo nothing like Titan Games. The triplets were great fun, everyone so far actually are having the craic with it.

• Registered Users, Subscribers, Registered Users 2 Posts: 47,343 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Hurrache wrote: »
    I don't think their stories are gushing at all, defo nothing like Titan Games. The triplets were great fun, everyone so far actually are having the craic with it.

On the contrary, my wife and I thought the triplets were annoying dicks and we were willing them to fall in. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,367 ✭✭✭JimmyVik

my kid will absolutely love this

floor is lava is his favourite lockdown game

Mine too.

they think this is the best show in history.

Zaph wrote: »
    On the contrary, my wife and I thought the triplets were annoying dicks and we were willing them to fall in. :D

My daughter and I will fight ye over that!

The first episode
    with the mother and 2 kids, we couldn't believe they won that one considering the complete lack of any sort of athletic ability displayed by the daughter. And the mother smacking the obelisk with the stick instead of just pushing it over.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,054 ✭✭✭✭Basq

This isn't bad but suffers that American reality TV trope is everyone being either super annoying or OTT playing up for the camera.

The "NoooOoOOoooooo" when a teammate falls into lava gets tired.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

High point for me was us not taking the time to explain to our 4 year old it wasn't real LAVA and she was under the impression they died when they fell in...... Only at end the Second Episode when they were interviewing the winners she pipes up "How is the girl alive?"

Perhaps I should be concerned that she was laughing at her apparent horrific death

Basq wrote: »
    The "NoooOoOOoooooo" when a teammate falls into lava gets tired.

It's fun, especially when you join in with your kids.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,029 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

need more time pressure so they don't stop to discuss or joke so much

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,049 ✭✭✭gazzer

Zaph wrote: »

Saw the episode with the triplets last night. Jesus they were annoying as hell :D:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,782 ✭✭✭Doodah7

Out of the first two episodes watched, the triplets were easily the worst and that is saying something as they are all typically annoying Americans!!

I would have also preferred if they didn't treat the audience like complete morons (although I know they have to cater to an American audience) and explain the course in laborious detail beforehand. Just get on with a show and let the viewer learn at the same time as the players!

• Registered Users Posts: 30 Beachballz

TV studios didn't want all that water near their sets so they film it in an abandoned ikea. Those flat pack panic inducing furniture merchants actually have a use!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,338 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

So i've watched a couple of episodes, and that'll do me. I can't take the fakeness and terrible "acting". Good idea but ruined (yet again) by being too American.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,672 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

I like it. It's silly fun. I can get past the annoying americaness of it with the sheer amount of landings that look hilariously painful.

Advertisement