Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help choosing a bike

• 19-06-2020 12:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭

Hey guys,

I'm currently looking for a new bike and while waiting for some stock to finally come in I'm trying to finalise my decision. I'm 5'7, 75kg and would be an intermediate biker. I previously owned a 2013 rocky mountain slayer when I was living in Whistler.

My budget is €2500 but willing to stretch to 2600ish if needed. I'll be using the b2w scheme to hopefully knock about 400 odd of the above prices. Obviously I'd prefer the cheapest I get but you get what you pay for

From my research so far these are what I have found:

NE9xUsX.png

Out of those so far I think my preference is the trek remedy followed by the vitus mythique.

Does anyone have any input on the bikes above, or are there any other bikes you'd recommend within my budget?

Edit: Oh and I should mention I'm looking for 27.5, trail/all mountain bike with travel around 140ish. I'll mostly be doing trails and the odd trip to the gap so I'm looking for a one size fits all type bike

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭xxyyzz

The remedy is a great bike IMHO. You won't go wrong with one if you like riding chunky natural stuff. It climbs well also. You can rent the remedy 7 in Ballyhoura from trailriders. They are trek dealers also.If I were you, I'd save the extra 400e and get the remedy 8, the lyrik is a far better fork and it has much better brakes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,815 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

xxyyzz wrote:
    The remedy is a great bike IMHO. You won't go wrong with one if you like riding chunky natural stuff. It climbs well also. You can rent the remedy 7 in Ballyhoura from trailriders. They are trek dealers also.If I were you, I'd save the extra 400e and get the remedy 8, the lyrik is a far better fork and it has much better brakes.

Mate has the remedy 8, stunning bike

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,791 ✭✭✭JJJJNR

Out of your list I'd go for the sommet, they are a stunning bike for the money.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 646 ✭✭✭Tony04

Out of that list I'd go for the escarpe.

The only brand I've seen beating vitus for bike for price is radon.

They've got two nice 29ers around your budget https://www.bike-discount.de/en/buy/radon-skeen-trail-10.0-912923¥

https://www.bike-discount.de/en/buy/radon-swoop-al-8.0-987577

Although there cheapest 27.5 is 3000€
    https://www.bike-discount.de/en/buy/radon-jab-9.0-912943 but spec is brilliant.

I guess if you want 27.5 the nx escarpe is your best option. Personally I'd go for the radon skeen if I was looking for a do it all stead for about 2500 but then again I am a saddist who enjoys xc and climbing.

Advertisement