Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stress test

• 19-06-2020 1:42pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 521 ✭✭✭

Hi, does anyone know the amounts BOI use when stress testing for a new mortgage application - how much income you need left over after (mortgage? utilities? what is counted exactly?) and how much they subtract for a dependant - thanks. I can find info on other banks websites but not BOI. Not going through the hassle of an application until the accounts are in order!

Comments

• Boards.ie Employee Posts: 12,597 ✭✭✭✭✭Boards.ie: Niamh
    Boards.ie Community Manager

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,390 ✭✭✭pooch90

maxsmum wrote: »
    Hi, does anyone know the amounts BOI use when stress testing for a new mortgage application - how much income you need left over after (mortgage? utilities? what is counted exactly?) and how much they subtract for a dependant - thanks. I can find info on other banks websites but not BOI. Not going through the hassle of an application until the accounts are in order!

I'm no help to you I'm afraid, but could you tell me where you found this info for other banks please?

Stress test is based on +2% interest rate.
    If you fix for the first few (maybe 2 I'm not sure it's not required).
    Generally the amount you can borrow is simply the 3.5 multiple of your income along with demonstrated history of saving (or rent paying) the mortgage amount monthly.

Advertisement