Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CDKeys Region issue

• 19-06-2020 2:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 19

Hi,

I bought code for an XBOX One game on CDKeys. I got the code and then tried to enter it into my Kid's XBox. However, a message came up to say that the game was region specific. In hindsight, the game had a UK flag beside it on the CDKeys store, but i thought this meant it was compatible in the UK (as opposed to the USA).
    I did a brief search on google and a suggested option was to create a uk account on the xbox. I haven't the foggiest how to do this.
    Any ideas on this?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 482 ✭✭nintendoo

Hi,

I bought code for an XBOX One game on CDKeys. I got the code and then tried to enter it into my Kid's XBox. However, a message came up to say that the game was region specific. In hindsight, the game had a UK flag beside it on the CDKeys store, but i thought this meant it was compatible in the UK (as opposed to the USA).
    I did a brief search on google and a suggested option was to create a uk account on the xbox. I haven't the foggiest how to do this.
    Any ideas on this?

That's crap. I thought Xbox one was region free.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,194 ✭✭✭Talisman

Try using a VPN set to the UK and access the Microsoft website here:

https://redeem.microsoft.com/enter?ref=xboxcom

You'll have to login with the credentials used for the Xbox account before you redeem the code.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,194 ✭✭✭Talisman

sugarman wrote: »
    Pretty sure you just need to change your region in account settings, no need for a VPN or anything else.
    Not true. I had to migrate my account and use a VPN to claim a game last month. Others have been successful by just using a VPN.

• Registered Users Posts: 714 ✭✭✭feelgoodinc27

If worst comes to worst you could try them for a refund, on the website it says a request needs to be made within 7 days of purchase.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,620 ✭✭✭Treppen

Probably too late for the OP but I did this before as well and CDKeys issued a refund no problem. I went with Smyths offer instead then.

For Ireland and CDKeys is it the EU region you go for?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,324 ✭✭✭Tilikum17

I also did this before, the offered a refund which took a about one month.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,620 ✭✭✭Treppen

Just be careful with VPN if you're jumping between regions a lot. Microsoft have banned people.

Advertisement