Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

U-value calculator download?

• 19-06-2020 2:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,125 ✭✭✭

I am looking for a u-value calculator to download. I had an SEAI one on my old PC but can't find it on SEAI website.

Comments

• Subscribers Posts: 41,787 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

https://www.xtratherm.com/xi-academy/u-valuate/

i find this particularly good...
    you can expand the material section as you require

• Registered Users Posts: 1,125 ✭✭✭worlds goodest teecher

sydthebeat wrote: »
    https://www.xtratherm.com/xi-academy/u-valuate/

i find this particularly good...
    you can expand the material section as you require

Cheers for that, I will try it out

• Registered Users Posts: 1 joseph marshall

Documentary Evidence of works carried out, What if some of the documentary evidence is a fabrication such as "Showing Cavity Walls insulated even if not actually insulated"

Can this be challenged by getting a independent BER Assessor.

underlay for Laminate Floor -

Foil underlay Supertronic

What is the difference to the BER Rating with a 63 Sq metres Apartment with a New Laminate Floor to living room, hall, 2 bedrooms with basic Underlay Foam/Foil/Vapour Barrier ungrounded unearthed not ideal, in comparison to a Carpet with underlay. For a 1st floor apartment over a groundfloor - with an uneven concrete floor - the reason for the underlay is like a Washer, to provide a frictionless contact like a shock absorber between the laminate mdf floor and the concrete.

Would there really be any difference?

What difference would LED Lighting make to a BER Rating?

The neighbours on the groundfloor complaining about us walking on this type of creeking floor. It obviously wasn't fitted correctly and a low level product, also reading other forums, I think it's only recommended to fit this laminate MDF Wood Floor on the Ground Floor Apartments.

Our neighbours Apartment is mostly Carpet, with left overs of out Laminate fitted in their kitchen, I don't recommend laminate MDF in a kitchen especially if the washing machine leaks, it has to be lifted, Tiles in a kitchen ideally and tiles in a hall area on 1st floor Flats or Apartments

• Subscribers Posts: 41,787 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

Documentary Evidence of works carried out, What if some of the documentary evidence is a fabrication such as "Showing Cavity Walls insulated even if not actually insulated"

Can this be challenged by getting a independent BER Assessor.

underlay for Laminate Floor -

Foil underlay Supertronic

What is the difference to the BER Rating with a 63 Sq metres Apartment with a New Laminate Floor to living room, hall, 2 bedrooms with basic Underlay Foam/Foil/Vapour Barrier ungrounded unearthed not ideal, in comparison to a Carpet with underlay. For a 1st floor apartment over a groundfloor - with an uneven concrete floor - the reason for the underlay is like a Washer, to provide a frictionless contact like a shock absorber between the laminate mdf floor and the concrete.

Would there really be any difference?

What difference would LED Lighting make to a BER Rating?

The neighbours on the groundfloor complaining about us walking on this type of creeking floor. It obviously wasn't fitted correctly and a low level product, also reading other forums, I think it's only recommended to fit this laminate MDF Wood Floor on the Ground Floor Apartments.

Our neighbours Apartment is mostly Carpet, with left overs of out Laminate fitted in their kitchen, I don't recommend laminate MDF in a kitchen especially if the washing machine leaks, it has to be lifted, Tiles in a kitchen ideally and tiles in a hall area on 1st floor Flats or Apartments

this is very hard to read... can you simply your questions?

by my reading:

1. if you are in an apartment above a ground floor apartment, then the floor is not a heat loss floor so not difference to the BER from any underlay or covering.

2. the "documentary evidence" is supposed to be evidence of what is actually there. so a photo of cavity insulation in a wall is required if the assessor is claiming there is insulation in the wall, and is adjusting a u value accordingly... for example photos of the drill holes for pumped insulation may suffice.
    how do you know what evidence was submitted in an assessment?
    if you are not happy of course you can get a second BER assessment carried out at your own cost if you are the owner.

3. 100% lels over 0% will make a small difference to a BER for the better

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 10,141 Mod ✭✭✭✭BryanF

Floor underlay makes no difference

• Advertisement
Advertisement