Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

123GO young driver.

Options
  • 19-06-2020 4:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11

Im currently 18 on Provisional license, Ive been looking at insurance on my own name on a 1l 2015 car. Ive been getting quotes for 5-6grand..:mad:
    As a named driver its 2500 on axa. But the chepest one I found was on 123GO with the Blackbox (2000e). Id just like to ask has anyone had this? Because the price does seem attractive from 5k to 2k. I read some reviews and they werent good at all. 3 times speeding and they cancel your policy. Cant stop too fast, cant drive out late cant take too sharp of a turn?? I dont mind the speeding thing, but I dont want my policy to get canceled just for driving.

Are they stricter than Boxymo? Because boxymo gave me a quote for 3.5k even when this is 2k. Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,000 ✭✭✭El Gato De Negocios

You are an inexperienced driver and therefore in the highest risk category. The 123 go policy is specifically geared towards offering a cheaper price but with much more stringent rules surrounding the use of the vehicle. If you are consistently hard cornering, hard braking, particularly as an inexperienced driver then you are an even higher risk. Best thing you can do is ring 123, speak to an actual agent and get them to spell out exactly what the policy stipulations are. If you take a policy out, follow the rules and drive with manners you wont have any issues and can move to another provider when you pass your driving test and earn a one year bonus.

Advertisement