Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

When pubs open- do we have to book?

Options
  • 19-06-2020 5:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭

I cannot wait for the pubs to open, and Im not even a big pub goer! But just miss the atmosphere and social interaction so much! Anyhoo- does anyone know when they do open next week do we have to book, just go and see? If we have to book is anyone actually ringing in now to book a table?! What a new norm!- strange!!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,103 ✭✭✭stargazer 68

Yes you do and you have to have a meal - all members of your party. You have the table for 2 hours although this went to 90 minutes the other day and then 105 so I'm not sure what it is now!!

• Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭twinkletoes

Yes you do and you have to have a meal - all members of your party. You have the table for 2 hours although this went to 90 minutes the other day and then 105 so I'm not sure what it is now!!

Thank so much for reply! Cant believe ive to book the pub!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,103 ✭✭✭stargazer 68

Lol emailed our local on Monday so we are booked in :)

• Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭twinkletoes

Lol emailed our local on Monday so we are booked in :)

Cool! Happy days..:-)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,105 ✭✭✭hi5

I cannot wait for the pubs to open, and Im not even a big pub goer! But just miss the atmosphere and social interaction so much! Anyhoo- does anyone know when they do open next week do we have to book, just go and see? If we have to book is anyone actually ringing in now to book a table?! What a new norm!- strange!!!

When they do open you won't be getting what you used to get. You can forget about 'having the craic'. Most people are just not going to bother.
    Between restricted pubs and restaurants and no tourists I don't know how the Kilkenny economy is going to survive, the place is going to be decimated.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 840 ✭✭✭toe_knee

hi5 wrote: »
    When they do open you won't be getting what you used to get. You can forget about 'having the craic'. Most people are just not going to bother.
    Between restricted pubs and restaurants and no tourists I don't know how the Kilkenny economy is going to survive, the place is going to be decimated.

It definitely will with that kind of attitude.

I'm looking forward to the pubs opening and having a bit of craic, sure it will be different.

It's time to support local businesses now that the foreign tourists are not around. Kilkenny does pretty well with Irish tourists too so hopefully there will be some boost.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

Going to the pub is all about sitting at the bar and having a laugh with friends or the oul lads who are there nearly every day. Booking a table and watching the clock to see how long before you have to leave is the complete opposite of everything that is great about Irish pubs. Most people won’t even bother.

• Registered Users Posts: 840 ✭✭✭toe_knee

Hopefully it won't be as bad as it sounds. I'm definitely giving it a go anyway.

Only another few weeks and then the rest of the pubs will be open and hopefully the distance will be down to 1 metre

• Registered Users Posts: 2,390 ✭✭✭Bowlardo

Going to the pub is all about sitting at the bar and having a laugh with friends or the oul lads who are there nearly every day. Booking a table and watching the clock to see how long before you have to leave is the complete opposite of everything that is great about Irish pubs. Most people won’t even bother.

The "real" pubs are opening the 20th so I think I will leave it till then.
    They will be packed this week. I drove passed the left bank and hour ago and there was people already inside

Advertisement