Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Covid Restrictions Insurance rebate

Options
  • 19-06-2020 5:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭

Just got a nice surprise in the post today. Rebate on insurance for the Restricted travel period. € 30 for each bike. With Principal, Cheques came from AXA. Hope ye all get the same.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,716 ✭✭✭honda boi

With Carole Nash and heard nothing from them!

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭IJS84

A few of the lads all got a chq for €30 aswell. Some with CN some with Principal. All chqs came from axa, I'm with CN but cover with Ageas in the UK. I didn't get anything, will keep an eye on the postman next week

• Registered Users Posts: 275 ✭✭fAzI

myclist wrote: »
    Just got a nice surprise in the post today. Rebate on insurance for the Restricted travel period. € 30 for each bike. With Principal, Cheques came from AXA. Hope ye all get the same.

I'm with AXA and I have got NOTHING :)

• Registered Users Posts: 759 ✭✭✭Agent_47

A mere €10 from Liberty

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭UrbanFret

€30 from Axa for bike, €30 from Axa for Van and €30 oneforall card from 123.ie for Car. Happy Days.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 277 ✭✭enrique66_35

Got the one4all card from 123 alright but nothing from Axa for either the bike (via Carole Nash) or the pickup (via InsureMyVan)- feckers!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,862 ✭✭✭un5byh7sqpd2x0

https://www.axa.ie/covid19/

It will take several weeks to process. May already be in your account

• Registered Users Posts: 1,734 ✭✭✭lalababa

Got 30 for the car and 30 for the bike from AXA.🙂

• Registered Users Posts: 2,268 ✭✭✭Miscreant

honda boi wrote: »
    With Carole Nash and heard nothing from them!

Me neither so I don't think all insurance companies are doing a rebate and I won't be holding my breath.
    I did, however, get a €30 voucher from 123.ie for my car insurance the other day (which I have already spent) :)

https://www.axa.ie/covid19/

It will take several weeks to process. May already be in your account

You're right. I spoke too soon, 30 euro cheque in the post today from Axa - checked the policy number and its the Hilux policy I only renewed a couple of weeks ago :p

Nothing (yet) from them on the bike policy which was taken out last year.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 627 ✭✭✭The QuietMan

With AXA for both car and Bikes. Got 2 x €30 cheques in the post this morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,597 ✭✭✭Richard tea

Axa 30 quid back for bike and Mrs got 30 back for car

• Registered Users Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭Soundman

Was getting jealous of everyone getting money back until I got my cheque today. I had completely forgotten that my underwriter with CN had changed to AXA from whatever the hell it was before. :D

Was very nice of them to spread a little love during this time.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,454 ✭✭✭Caquas

No sign of any further rebate beyond that pathetic €30 gesture during the first lockdown.

Despite almost a full year when we under more or less strict travel limits with plenty of evidence that car journeys and traffic accidents are down, but the insurers are keeping a very low profile and collecting full premiums.

And where is the insurance supervisor? COVID stories fill the media every day but no journalist has mentioned this, as far as I can see.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,245 ✭✭✭goblin59

MY car insurance went up nearly 200 euro despite me only doing about 10 km in it in 2020, ****ing joke.
    Like they're over compensating for having to pay out that rebate.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,395 ✭✭✭nigeldaniel

^^^ yes, unfortunately, policies are going up left, right, and centre. There is a serious need for more competition in the market.

Dan.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,268 ✭✭✭Miscreant

I would love to hear their excuses for jacking up insurance premiums if it is indeed happening. Claims have gone down quite a lot so they can't use that old chestnut this time.

I doubt we will get another rebate this year if premiums are on the way up again (I didn't get one last year from Liberty anyway).

This year, more than any, is the year to shop around for a few weeks before renewal and hammer your insurance company for a lower premium. An hour or 2 on the phone spread over a week is not going to be much but could save a fair bit in the end.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,245 ✭✭✭goblin59

Miscreant wrote: »
    I would love to hear their excuses for jacking up insurance premiums if it is indeed happening. Claims have gone down quite a lot so they can't use that old chestnut this time.

I doubt we will get another rebate this year if premiums are on the way up again (I didn't get one last year from Liberty anyway).

This year, more than any, is the year to shop around for a few weeks before renewal and hammer your insurance company for a lower premium. An hour or 2 on the phone spread over a week is not going to be much but could save a fair bit in the end.

Spent all of last week on the phone getting insurance quotes, ended up with Carole Nash, but 800euro for the two bikes fully comprehensive.

• Registered Users Posts: 950 ✭✭✭Nodster

I've two separate bike policies with Principal underwritten by AXA. Received one €30 rebate last summer. The AXA site clearly says one rebate per policy and when I phoned them I was clearly told a cheque was sent out for the second policy. A few weeks later I phoned up again and spoke to a second person who then said the refund was only issued for the first policy as that bike was my main form of transport. Not getting anywhere I then emailed the customer care section quoting dates when I spoke to AXA colleagues informing that as all calls were recorded and that I was always polite with them (they could easily check) only for a reply from the 'Fulfilment Team, Operational Excellence' that I should contact the brokers directly. As I deal with Principal directly for renewals and have a good relationship, they laughed and reiterated that the refund would come directly from the underwriter.
    For the record, when I renewed both policies last June I was told by Principal that I would receive a rebate for each policy For multi bike policies, Carol Nash only one policy, while Principal issue a policy for each bike covered.

AXA are a total joke and I'm convinced my dealings do not fit with their Customer Charter for Fairness

• Registered Users Posts: 2,083 ✭✭✭chasm

Nodster wrote: »
    I've two separate bike policies with Principal underwritten by AXA. Received one €30 rebate last summer. The AXA site clearly says one rebate per policy and when I phoned them I was clearly told a cheque was sent out for the second policy. A few weeks later I phoned up again and spoke to a second person who then said the refund was only issued for the first policy as that bike was my main form of transport. Not getting anywhere I then emailed the customer care section quoting dates when I spoke to AXA colleagues informing that as all calls were recorded and that I was always polite with them (they could easily check) only for a reply from the 'Fulfilment Team, Operational Excellence' that I should contact the brokers directly. As I deal with Principal directly for renewals and have a good relationship, they laughed and reiterated that the refund would come directly from the underwriter.
    For the record, when I renewed both policies last June I was told by Principal that I would receive a rebate for each policy For multi bike policies, Carol Nash only one policy, while Principal issue a policy for each bike covered.

AXA are a total joke and I'm convinced my dealings do not fit with their Customer Charter for Fairness

I'm with principal, and have 2 bikes insured with them, underwritten by axa. I got a rebate cheque for each bike.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 34,703 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

I'm with CN, never got any rebate...?

Fingal County Council are certainly not competent to be making decisions about the most important piece of infrastructure on the island. They need to stick to badly designed cycle lanes and deciding on whether Mrs Murphy can have her kitchen extension.

I'm with CN, never got any rebate...?

You're not the only one - I got a rebates (cheque & one4all card) on 4 wheel policies but feck on on the bike - double standards like. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,395 ✭✭✭nigeldaniel

All my policies have gone up this year, I was thinking of changing over my 4 wheel policy but its the same doors I will end up at every year. Sooner rather than later I will be back at the current insurer. That merry go round feels silly at times. There is little by way of options for the 2 wheels. I wish Ireland had 4 or 5 more insurance companies. that would be the bee's knees.

Dan.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭UrbanFret

I have Berlingo van, Honda accord 2.2 cdti and CBF1000 all with AXA . €950 all in 3rd party fire & Theft.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,716 ✭✭✭honda boi

Never got any rebate for the bike or car.
    CN wanted near €500 for renewal. After ringing I got them down to €290. Crazy prices.
    Barely used the bike but renewed as don't want to lose NCB

Advertisement