Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What’s Eamon O CuÃ*v’s Angle

Options
  • 19-06-2020 7:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭

Genuinely concerned, malevolent influence, or leader in waiting?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,573 ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

I don’t know his angle,

But I do remember watching him in the Dail back when FF were still in power, and he looked asleep, but as true as god you’d have sworn he was trying to impersonate Steven Hawking.
    Just looked like he didn’t give a single toss about it all..

I know it can get boring in there, but from that day onwards I have absolutely despised the man.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,445 ✭✭✭Rodney Bathgate

Or “never to be leader with massive chip on his shoulder as a result”.

I assume he thinks he has a god given right to lead the party because of who one of his grandparents was. Unfortunately for him the apple fell very far from the tree. (Whatever your opinion on DeValera.)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,801 ✭✭✭Roanmore

Think he's trying to stay relevant, he's a relic of the past.
    Would probably be at home in Aontu.

Edit: Not saying Aontu are a relic of the past but his beliefs are more at home there.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭bfa1509

He's very much the Healy-Rae of Galway West. He will never not be voted in. I don't think he cares much for Fianna Fail, especially not the liberal route they have taken. I'd say he's a real thorn in the party's side, they can't get rid of him and for that reason I like him.

• Registered Users Posts: 796 ✭✭✭Eduard Khil

Also ran relic who definitely didn't get the fighting Dev spirit from his grandfather

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 82 ✭✭Damian F

He knows the most Taoiseach Michael Martin would give him is a Micky mouse Junior ministry

• Registered Users Posts: 1,826 ✭✭✭Truthvader

A slithery narrow minded pre-feudal throwback drenched in the infatuation of his "family legacy" joylessly flogging the rancid corpse of the long deal Irish Language. I cannot bring myself to speculate about his sex life.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

Truthvader wrote: »
    A slithery narrow minded pre-feudal throwback drenched in the infatuation of his "family legacy" joylessly flogging the rancid corpse of the long deal Irish Language. I cannot bring myself to speculate about his sex life.

1bfa4e.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭brucky

I met him last time he was in government & held office. He struck me as a bit thick, but wasn’t certain if it was an act.

• Registered Users Posts: 522 ✭✭✭Raisins

He’s no thicko he understands politics in Ireland very well.

He called it that Fianna Fáil would be toxic for generations after the crash. He was right.

He said FF should not have entered the confidence and supply and repeatedly said they should pull out after about 2/3 years as they’d get zero credit for keeping country stable and hammered for supporting the previous government. He was right.

He’s saying this coalition is not going to go down well with the electorate because the electorate voted for change.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,826 ✭✭✭Truthvader

Raisins wrote: »

He called it that Fianna Fáil would be toxic for generations after the crash. He was right.

He said FF should not have entered the confidence and supply and repeatedly said they should pull out after about 2/3 years as they’d get zero credit for keeping country stable and hammered for supporting the previous government. He was right.

He’s saying this coalition is not going to go down well with the electorate because the electorate voted for change.

Right..........so he is a thicko then

• Registered Users Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭spurshero

Raisins wrote: »

Why dosent he leave ff then . He’s all mouth . He wants Martin gone as he thinks he will be senior minister . He’s 70 years of age like very other public servant he should have to retire but like most of them Eamon loves the gravy train.

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭brucky

“He’s saying this coalition is not going to go down well with the electorate because the electorate voted for change.[/QUOTE]“

Slightly off topic but I am not certain the electorate voted for change as they didn’t give SF the required mandate in a PR system. The “change” is a narrative being flogged to death on social media. It will be interesting to see how he fairs with FF when the dust settles, tent p1ssing out springs to mind.

Advertisement