Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking to buy a phone on amazon uk

Options
  • 19-06-2020 7:57pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6

Hi :) All I want to know is if I buy a sim free phone on amazon uk, will it work here in Ireland. I'm on Vodafone. I have a Sony xperia l1 which I love. Have had it for two years and battery is still going strong. Might need to update soon cause the sound is gone. I love sony xperias great phones. Curry's don't have any. And argos does but like newer models. I prefer the older wider sony's. I love my little l1. I know it works perfectly. I want to get a sony xperia l1 on amazon uk just want to make sure it will work here. It should do cause its sim free but just want to make sure before I order a phone and spend money. Thank you :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,698 ✭✭✭kenmm

Just double check the seller is amazon or a trusted seller and it will be fine - all EU phones work in all EU countries - you can even buy from amazon.de or .es and it might be cheaper (but you will get a EU 2 pin plug).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 maryxox

kenmm wrote: »
    Just double check the seller is amazon or a trusted seller and it will be fine - all EU phones work in all EU countries - you can even buy from amazon.de or .es and it might be cheaper (but you will get a EU 2 pin plug).

Thank you so much you've been very helpful :)

• Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭wizardman

Yes. Have bought 3 or 4 phones from Amazon. Perfect no problems.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 maryxox

wizardman wrote: »
    Yes. Have bought 3 or 4 phones from Amazon. Perfect no problems.

Thank you :) this helps a lot. I found a phone I want to get. This helps to put my mind at ease. Just wanted to be sure before I go ahead and spend money. Thank you so much.

• Registered Users Posts: 478 ✭✭tina1040

Yes I've bought a couple of sim free phones om amazon. Like with anything, read the description, warranty etc to make sure it's legit.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,634 ✭✭✭Mad_Mike

As kenm says, just make sure it's from Amazon themselves, as Amazon is also a marketplace for other sellers.
    For instance, I looked for the L1 and found some, but they are 3rd party sellers and not Amazon and the seller that has the white one does not have great feedback, so make sure before purchasing

• Registered Users Posts: 2,243 ✭✭✭Mav11

kenmm wrote: »

Does it make a difference if its a French or German version? Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Mav11 wrote: »
    Does it make a difference if its a French or German version? Thanks

Usually it doesn't no.
    Sometimes phones will have different software or branding but usually the only difference across EU is the charger supplied.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,517 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

Every phone every time should be checked against one of the usual websites to ensure it has the correct bands to work here. 4G Band20 can be missing on phones.

Advertisement