Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Golf Club Opening to Visitors

Options
  • 19-06-2020 8:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭

This is absolutely unbelievable. Scrambling for spots after over 200 new members and we get this today

"Visitors will be welcomed back to Elmgreen from Monday 29th June. In Monday’s timesheet release, a series of visitor-only blocks will be set aside. Please note these pockets total only 20% of the overall tee times. With pre-booking mandatory, any unused visitor times will be released back to the membership at 7pm the evening prior."

Do we have options to get refunds??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,125 ✭✭✭finglashoop

gypsy79 wrote: »
    This is absolutely unbelievable. Scrambling for spots after over 200 new members and we get this today

"Visitors will be welcomed back to Elmgreen from Monday 29th June. In Monday’s timesheet release, a series of visitor-only blocks will be set aside. Please note these pockets total only 20% of the overall tee times. With pre-booking mandatory, any unused visitor times will be released back to the membership at 7pm the evening prior."

Just got it myself..

Seriously considering changing to 5 day member due to weekend being gone as soon as it opens.

Just got it myself..

Seriously considering changing to 5 day member due to weekend being gone as soon as it opens.

Have looked ahead on chronogolf

4 hours a day blocked off so members cant book. Societies out during the open comp on a Saturday as well.

The email says if ya cant get a tee time play corballis. If i wanted to play corballis i would have joined there

• Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭gypsy79

I live 5 minute drive from Elmgreen. I live a 40 minute drive from Corballis

Small claims court if required

I live 5 minute drive from Elmgreen. I live a 40 minute drive from Corballis

Small claims court if required

Im the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,230 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

It's not really that unbelievable, is it though. It's Carr Golf, you're a member of a business more so than a golf club. I've been a member of a similar type club in the past and while I thought the operators struck a decent balance, it still wasn't ideal.

I doubt you've much recourse re refunds... re-coursing might be the best option. A club like Castlewarden is probably within 20 mins, a much better course, a nice club atmosphere anytime I visited, and I don't think there's much in the difference in term of annual membership.

• Advertisement

I think they will have broken their contract when they say that they are offering unlimited golf

There is a recourse with complaints to the owner (Dublin County Council) so it may not be a complete lost cause.

I am reasonably active in there and it will be a wrench to leave

It is a 5 minute drive when lights are with me so I am leaning towards distance in Blessington lakes which still leaves opens there on Saturdays. Opens in Balcarrick too on Sundays to continue I hope

The worst bit from their newsletter

"If you’re struggling to get on the timesheet as often as you would like, please remember that you can avail of reciprocal playing rights at Corballis Links GC in Donabate. Call their Pro Shop on (01) 843 4000 to book your round."

Let the ****ing visitors drive to Donabate

PARlance wrote: »
    It's not really that unbelievable, is it though. It's Carr Golf, you're a member of a business more so than a golf club.

In my 3 years there, Carr have been good for the club in my opinion. I have read the horror stories from Castleknock though
    PARlance wrote: »
    A club like Castlewarden is probably within 20 mins, a much better course, a nice club atmosphere anytime I visited, and I don't think there's much in the difference in term of annual membership.

Price isnt a massive motive for me! Best course is closest course rings home quite a bit

Advertisement