Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Jadzia

• 19-06-2020 10:31pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 873 ✭✭✭somuj

When Sisko was in the alternate Universe and he had adult relations with the alternate dax, she taught he was her Sisko, he knowing anyway beded her. With the way world is now, there's a name for that

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,042 ✭✭✭Rawr

somuj wrote: »
    When Sisko was in the alternate Universe and he had adult relations with the alternate dax, she taught he was her Sisko, he knowing anyway beded her. With the way world is now, there's a name for that

We don't really know if mirror Jadzia was joined with Dax, which would result in a very different person. No "old man" in there.

I happened to have seen that episode today. I'm going to guess that the Alliance was probably enslaving all former Terrian Empire worlds regardless of local race. Trill was probably in the same boat as the likes of Vulkan where they were under harsh Alliance rule. This would explain why you'd have Mirror Jadzia and Mirror Tuvok joining with the Terrans (their old oppressors) to resist the Alliance.

All-in-all I'm guessing that the Trill symbiod program is either limited or is stopped entirely by an Alliance occupation on Trill, and so chances are that Mirror Jadzia is just Jadzia and not Jadzia Dax.

....I could be wrong of course...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,800 ✭✭✭Evade

In one of the later Mirror Universe episodes they refer to Jadzia as Dax. Mirror Ezri was still Ezri Tigan.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,206 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

somuj wrote: »

There's a name for when you go to an alternative dimension, and get busy with someone who thinks you are someone else?

Geez, the dictionary has expanded since my day :pac:

Kiith wrote: »
    There's a name for when you go to an alternative dimension, and get busy with someone who thinks you are someone else?

Geez, the dictionary has expanded since my day :pac:

It's a definite "of the time" scenario though.

Take a guy sleeping with a girl who thinks that he is his twin brother. It's morally wrong (at best)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,031 ✭✭✭✭Stark

To be fair, it would count as "Rape by deception". (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rape_by_deception).

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,711 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Oh yeah, forgot about that moment. So brief and out of character it just got mothballed into the box marked "Alternate universe nonsense". Those stories have always seemed a little batshít anyway - Discovery included, which just ran headlong into the crazy & owned it. Like the normal script vetting was parked in favour of a "anything goes" approach.

Out of character for Benjamin "I-killed-a-guy-to-get-an-interstellar-empire-on-my-side-in-a-war-and-then-there's-that-time-I-used-bioweapons-on-civilians"* Sisko?

*it's pronounced Lafayette

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,711 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Definitely. He was an "end justify the means" kinda captain with a penchant for war crimes but would never have said that opened the door to ... whatever the F that quasi-rapey scenario was. In fact when his romantic life DID become a plot point Sisko appeared to be an honourable, attentive and faithful partner IIRC.

Edit: I had a google and the writer of Crossover, also wrote In the Pale Moonlight, so clearly he loved taking Sisko to really dark places & choices!

pixelburp wrote: »
    Oh yeah, forgot about that moment. So brief and out of character it just got mothballed into the box marked "Alternate universe nonsense". Those stories have always seemed a little batshít anyway - Discovery included, which just ran headlong into the crazy & owned it. Like the normal script vetting was parked in favour of a "anything goes" approach.

I always skipped the mirror episodes I think, so I don't remember this at all!

Edit: I had a google and the writer of Crossover, also wrote In the Pale Moonlight, so clearly he loved taking Sisko to really dark places & choices!
    Crossover was the Kira & Bashir one, this is Through the Looking Glass which doesn't seem to have any connection to in the Pale Moonlight.

And it's not like he did it for kicks he had to sell that he was Mirror Sisko or Smiley wouldn't have sent him back.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,031 ✭✭✭✭Stark

I just see them as providing an excuse for the actors to totally camp it up and have fun taking a break from their normal roles. Voyager didn't have any mirror universe episodes though it did have "Living Witness" which provided similar opportunity. Aside from that, it's totally nonsensical. Barely anyone lives to reproductive age, yet generation after generation it manages to produce exact doubles for every single person in the normal universe, as well as matching it technologically. Leave your brain in the normal universe if you want to enjoy it.

I think DS9 probably took it a bit too seriously. The only character who really got into it was Kira who gave a wonderfully camp performance, the rest were all a bit dour.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,177 ✭✭✭nyarlothothep

There's a scene in Revenge of the Nerds like that, it was a comedy, but it wouldn't fly today, tbh even I thought it was super dodge. I haven't seen the Sisko scene or maybe forgot it, was it to do with a mission objective? Like seduce Dax to escape etc?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,746 ✭✭✭Inviere

I haven't seen the Sisko scene or maybe forgot it, was it to do with a mission objective? Like seduce Dax to escape etc?

Sisko was trapped in the Mirror Universe. The Mirror Dax more or less dragged Sisko off to sleep with him thinking he was the Mirror Sisko....so rather than telling everyone who he was and being murdered for it, he went along with it as the lesser of two evils.

Advertisement