Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leo and his working of movie lines into his speeches

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,916 ✭✭✭ronivek

The snowflake generation has awoke.

Thanks Greta.

Not sure what way you meant that; but I'd be tempted to say quite a few people who aren't fans of Greta are equally not fans of Leo. Chomping at the bit to criticise over anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,448 ✭✭✭Jinglejangle69

A bit of a giggle then throwing in movie quotes for a fifty quid wager and hits on social media. Meanwhile there have been 1700 fatalities under his watch. You are seriously deluded if that's how you appraise his leadership.

Probably about 299,097 deaths under his watch if we're been honest.

I blame him for murdering them all.

I'm sure the families of the 1700 dead citizens find it hilarious

Don't you support SF/PIRA?

Delicious irony.

ronivek wrote: »
    Not sure what way you meant that; but I'd be tempted to say quite a few people who aren't fans of Greta are equally not fans of Leo. Chomping at the bit to criticise over anything.

Exactly.

Permanently outraged.

• Registered Users Posts: 396 ✭✭Tommybojangles

Brought a smile to my face anyway. I enjoyed this thread before bed, high quality outrage and excellent repetition of the number of deaths.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,382 ✭✭✭Duffy the Vampire Slayer

So many anti free speech snowflakes on this thread.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,550 ✭✭✭ShineOn7

The snowflake generation has awoke.

Thanks Greta.

tenor.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,172 ✭✭✭cannotlogin

Liked Leo before he became Taoiseach. I think it's gone to his head and he's become very contrived and is obsessed with his image.

Not much of a fan now but preferable to Michael Martin, Mary Lou or even Enda Kenny.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,761 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

Liked Leo before he became Taoiseach. I think it's gone to his head and he's become very contrived and is obsessed with his image.

Let's go back to simpler days

2016-10-16_iri_25538784_I1.JPG

• Registered Users Posts: 56,343 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Not much of a fan now but preferable to Michael Martin, Mary Lou or even Enda Kenny.

Same.

Lined and rated him pre taoiseach. But comes across a bit immature and rash as leader. Thin skinned as well..

Can’t put my finger on it, but there’s no real rapport and gusto..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,679 ✭✭✭storker

A child in school would not be let away with plagiarism from the internet. Copy and paste

That's basically what he is doing

Ah, but copying from several sources isn't plagiarism, it's research. :)

Maybe there should be a thread on which quotes people would like to see Leo slip into his speeches. Most popular lines to be sent to the Taoiseach's office with the challenge to include them over the next few weeks. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,807 ✭✭✭buried

Let him do this wan next time if him or his civil servant speech creator thinks he's all that

"You have disgraced yourselves again" - W. B. Yeats

• Registered Users Posts: 5,679 ✭✭✭storker

Some lines that might feature in the next FG heave...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,013 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

It's not the biggest deal in the world. It is embarrassing for the country to be led by such a person and disrespectful to anyone who had a relative die, couldn't visit family, lost their job, lives in Ireland.
    If it doesn't bother you that's cula bula, but if you're not Leo and you have empathy and integrity you could see how some mightn't like it. No need to get all FG/Trump about it with talk of snowflakes and being triggered.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,550 ✭✭✭ShineOn7

I didn't see his speech today, but I'm guessing from this Tweet there was none of his usual movie quote nonsense

https://twitter.com/newschambers/status/1276213226603241472

Lets see in a few years when he gets his job over in Europe if he incorporates any stupid smartarse movie lines into his speils over there? Will he f**k. Spent his entire political career looking down his nose at the very country and people what pay him his wages and his pathetic fans lapped it up like he's some minstrel at the electric picnic.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,933 ✭✭✭smurgen

Shefwedfan wrote: »
    Yesterday was supposed to be upbeat

Some people just love to be miserable

It’s not our fault Leo Varadkar and FG are depressing.

• Registered Users Posts: 428 ✭✭Madeoface

Leo has shown scant leadership - pubs open before schools even have a plan, the Leaving Cert debacle, non covid heathcare obliterated and the dishing out of €350 p/w to tens of thousands of people who were earning far less (through p/time work).....Plenty of cringey speeches though.

Wait a few years until this seat of the pants decision making is analysed and we'll see how bad exactly it may have been.

Cracking in jokes while adopting a 'lets watch what the others do and copy them' governance strategy. Arse.

Madeoface wrote: »
    Leo has shown scant leadership - pubs open before schools even have a plan, the Leaving Cert debacle, non covid heathcare obliterated and the dishing out of €350 p/w to tens of thousands of people who were earning far less (through p/time work).....Plenty of cringey speeches though.

Wait a few years until this seat of the pants decision making is analysed and we'll see how bad exactly it may have been.

Cracking in jokes while adopting a 'lets watch what the others do and copy them' governance strategy. Arse.

Lets hear your plan Einstein.

We're patiently waiting???

We've had our share of crooks, con men and gombeens as Taoiseach but we haven't had a more self-aggrandising one than Mr. Socko.

• Advertisement

When he was over in the States and he actually said that he rang Clare County council to deny the permission of the proposed wind farm near the Doonbeg resort he showed up exactly what he is. A hypocrite of the highest order. Tried then to pass it of as a "joke". F**king joke is right. If Greta Thunberg flew in the next day he'd be advocating wind farms all over the shop. Whoever he thinks is a global celebrity or bigshot, that's who he wants to look after, not his own people, nah he'll hit us with lines from Lord of the Mean Girls. He's a joke and good riddance to the twank. A perfect example of how not to do it.

buried wrote: »
    When he was over in the States and he actually said that he rang Clare County council to deny the permission of the proposed wind farm near the Doonbeg resort he showed up exactly what he is. A hypocrite of the highest order. Tried then to pass it of as a "joke". F**king joke is right. If Greta Thunberg flew in the next day he'd be advocating wind farms all over the shop. Whoever he thinks is a global celebrity or bigshot, that's who he wants to look after, not his own people, nah he'll hit us with lines from Lord of the Mean Girls. He's a joke and good riddance to the twank. A perfect example of how not to do it.

Ah what's wrong with Greta:)

The bots have arrived:)

Ah what's wrong with Greta:)

Nothing wrong with her man, she's a global celebrity brand, she's doing her job, unlike Varadkar.

It was quite incredible. Even Trump had a momentary "steady on there Leo".

Nothing wrong with her man, she's a global celebrity brand, she's doing her job, unlike Varadkar.

She's doing her job?

There I was thinking she was doing it for no money because she cares so much about the planet??

She's doing her job?

There I was thinking she was doing it for no money because she cares so much about the planet??

I never said anything about money man, that's you saying that. Your job shouldn't be about money, it should be about what you care about doing, so fair f**ks to her, I'm the same. But I do mine without being a global celebrity. I like my job same way she does.

Pity the last leader of our country didn't feel the same way about his job though isn't it?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,032 ✭✭✭Gregor Samsa

Madeoface wrote: »
    Leo has shown scant leadership - pubs open before schools even have a plan

The two aren't in any way related or dependent on eachother. Why would pubs have to wait to open until there's a plan in place for schools? The schools are off until September anyway. :rolleyes:

I never said anything about money man, that's you saying that. Your job shouldn't be about money, it should be about what you care about doing, so fair f**ks to her, I'm the same. But I do mine without being a global celebrity. I like my job same way she does.

Pity the last leader of our country didn't feel the same way about his job though isn't it?

My job shouldn't be about money that puts a roof over my kids head?????

OK cool, can you send me your bank details so I don't have to work anymore:)

• Advertisement

Jesus I genuinely fear for the future of this country.

Soon there will be no obligation for anyone to go to work unless you are 100% happy everyday!!!!

Advertisement