Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Would you ever be desperate enough to hook up on a casual encounter site?

• 20-06-2020 4:07am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,483 ✭✭✭

I've always thought that the only genuine people on these sites must be gay men given that they don't face the same risk as heterosexual people hooking up.

I've heard of a few men in Ireland use Locanto, Craigslist for hetero hookups however with decent and non-fat women. Definitely a few things eccentric with them but the encounters were genuine and they weren't getting set up to be robbed/murdered.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,236 ✭✭✭Dr. Kenneth Noisewater

..... for hetero hookups however with decent and non-fat women.

i'm sensing you've had to resort to these sites yourself?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,283 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

I've always thought that the only genuine people on these sites must be gay men given that they don't face the same risk as heterosexual people hooking up.

Go to bed.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,483 ✭✭✭mr_fegelien

i'm sensing you've had to resort to these sites yourself?

Was tempted to but a bit weary to be honest. I'm bisexual and know that sex with gay/bi men carries a much higher risk of contracting HIV.

I want a female hetero partner in the future so I was thinking of sex with her first before sex with a gay/bi man.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,483 ✭✭✭mr_fegelien

spurious wrote: »
    Go to bed.

Can't. I'm experiencing rebound insomnia from zolpidem tablets.

Strange how only the other day you were claiming to be asexual who has "never had an interest in sex".

Stranger still how you claimed in another thread to be a virgin, but then claimed in another post that when it comes to having sex you "don't find it that enjoyable.

So you have gone from an asexual virgin - who has actually had sex - but has not enjoyed it - to someone who is getting so desperate for it you want to use casual encounters to have sex with both men and women?

I can't keep up :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,445 ✭✭✭Rodney Bathgate

OP, do you like big booty?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,769 ✭✭✭✭greenspurs

Walter Mitty ……..

"Bright lights and Thunder .................... " #NoPopcorn

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,183 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

Did you ever get your hole. did you ever get your hole, did you ever get your whole... week's wages??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,157 ✭✭✭Mister Vain

What's so desperate about it? Is it anymore desperate that meeting someone on tinder?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 41,118 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

Whats tonights strange question?

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,158 ✭✭✭El Gato De Negocios

Sign of the times when you see a random sex related thread and you know precisely who started it before you click into it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 242 ✭✭Flickerfusion

It's not 1990 and dating sites / apps are pretty normal now as places to meet potential partners be they women or men.
    Some people may use them to hook up, but some people go to the pub and end up on one night stands too.
    That's just human behaviour

Half the single population seems to be on Tinder, be they straight, bi or gay, so I don't think it's anything particularly odd or unusual to meet people through those sites.

A lot of those meetings aren't necessarily hook ups either, and I would include gay men in that, plenty will meet up for a pint or a coffee or whatever. In these COVID-19 times, I don't know what you'd do though?

Wear space suits? Stand 2m apart in a suitably windy area (ensuring you're not up wind of each other)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,055 ✭✭✭Emme

Isn't that statement somewhat homophobic?

Here's a tip for you: Kalms come in a purple box, you can get them over the counter in any pharmacy and they will help you sleep and get over the zopiclone withdrawal rebound insomnia.

Advertisement