Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Maternity Swimwear

Options
  • 20-06-2020 10:59am
    Registered Users Posts: 928 ✭✭✭

With the pools open again soon I can't wait to into the water, it was a lifesaver when I had my son 13 years ago. We also have a little vacation in Doolin booked in August, can't wait to hit the beach!

As a large busted woman I struggle anyway to find decent supportive swimwear, and now I need maternity Swimwear I'm finding it even harder to find.

Can anyone recommend any with really good bust and bump support.
    Pre-pregnancy size 16, bust now a generous 36/38 GG.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 565 ✭✭✭thefasteriwalk

I am excited at the prospect too. I ordered a swimsuit from H&M yesterday. I will let you know how it is when it arrives next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,451 ✭✭✭scarepanda

I got maternity swim wear last year and it was the most uncomfortable yolk going. I ended up getting cheap ones from Tesco and moved up in size as required and it did the job, u used to get the ones with the gathered sides. Ended in spending less in total than the price of the maternity one as well.

I know that's not what you were asking. But just what I ended up doing

• Registered Users Posts: 478 ✭✭closifer

Like you I have a big chest and was looking for a size 16. It was challenging! Best were the blooming marvellous tankini sets from mothercare

• Registered Users Posts: 17 NewMom19

I got a swimsuit from Decathlon, only 16 euro, I bought my size and up a size as I wasn't sure how they would fit, my size was perfect. Hard to argue with the price although the pattern is a little dull, I'm not too big on chest but felt it was generous enough. They are on the website if you just search maternity it pops up.

• Registered Users Posts: 928 ✭✭✭Shelli2

NewMom19 wrote: »
    I got a swimsuit from Decathlon, only 16 euro, I bought my size and up a size as I wasn't sure how they would fit, my size was perfect. Hard to argue with the price although the pattern is a little dull, I'm not too big on chest but felt it was generous enough. They are on the website if you just search maternity it pops up.

Good price, but I can already tell by looking at that there's nowhere near enough support for my ample chest.
    Even before pregnancy I needed one with a built in bra.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,818 ✭✭✭jlm29

I have had mothercare and next ones and couldn’t fault them. I know mothercare in Ireland is gone, maybe online from uk?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,514 ✭✭✭bee06

jlm29 wrote: »
    I have had mothercare and next ones and couldn’t fault them. I know mothercare in Ireland is gone, maybe online from uk?

Mothercare in the U.K. closed at the start of the year.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,818 ✭✭✭jlm29

bee06 wrote: »
    Mothercare in the U.K. closed at the start of the year.

Ah right, I hadn’t even looked into that. I kind of assumed it was just Ireland. That’s a pity

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭Gemancy

I got a lovely one in Cummins sports in Cork. That was over a year ago now but it was fab. Good bust and bump support too. I had to ring them to see if they had them as not listed on their website. Might be worth a go...best of luck

• Registered Users Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

I used with my first, and will use with this one, a regular swimsuit in a size up. I just found maternity ones too pricey for the limited use. If i’m Not in that I use a bikini. I’m a 38E in a regular bra.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭Cameoette

I got a maternity Swim tank and bottoms (tank covers belly so it looks like a one piece) in a sale two years ago in jo jo mama Bebe. I’m a 36E and found support great. It’s pretty too!

• Registered Users Posts: 928 ✭✭✭Shelli2

I ordered both a JoJo and a Blooming marvellous pair on eBay.
    Will report back when they arrive.

Thanks everyone. X

• Registered Users Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭kandr10

Bit late for you but I’m exactly your size in the busy and the Jojo one I ordered for well. Not very supportive but it covered the boobs which I think is as good as us large chested women can hope for!

• Registered Users Posts: 565 ✭✭✭thefasteriwalk

I am excited at the prospect too. I ordered a swimsuit from H&M yesterday. I will let you know how it is when it arrives next week.

They arrived today. I also have a large bust and they're as good as I could have hoped for. Very happy and hopefully they will last for this and any future pregnancies.

Advertisement