Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dry lining contractor recommendations

Options
  • 20-06-2020 11:03am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,390 ✭✭✭

Hi,
    Anyone know of any good dry lining contractors in Cork?
    Also has anyone ever used Evertex wall coating?I read mixed reviews on them and just wondering if anyone ever used it?
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 44 Laszlo Cravensworth

I have it on my house. Painted nearly 3 years ago and it's been bubbling and peeling for the last year and a half. Evertex have been out twice to touch up the affected parts but just temporary fixes really. Also, when they touch up the paint, the repaired areas are a fresher shade of white and are standing out a mile. I'm now waiting for them to call out for a third time. This time I've been waiting over a year to get them to cal out and fix the job. I've called them 5 or 6 times and still no urgency.

They're also trying to blame anything and everything to avoid taking responsibility for the shoddy job.

I paid nearly 7k for the job and it has been the biggest waste of money imaginable.

I'm sure other people have had positive experiences, but too many negative experiences are out there to warrant such an expensive paint job.

Based on my personal experience - avoid evertex like the plague.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,390 ✭✭✭Gamb!t

I have it on my house. Painted nearly 3 years ago and it's been bubbling and peeling for the last year and a half. Evertex have been out twice to touch up the affected parts but just temporary fixes really. Also, when they touch up the paint, the repaired areas are a fresher shade of white and are standing out a mile. I'm now waiting for them to call out for a third time. This time I've been waiting over a year to get them to cal out and fix the job. I've called them 5 or 6 times and still no urgency.

They're also trying to blame anything and everything to avoid taking responsibility for the shoddy job.

I paid nearly 7k for the job and it has been the biggest waste of money imaginable.

I'm sure other people have had positive experiences, but too many negative experiences are out there to warrant such an expensive paint job.

Based on my personal experience - avoid evertex like the plague.
    Thanks,I heard very similar issues to what you are having.
    Sorry to hear and thanks for the tip.
    Il go with a builder.

Advertisement