Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can't call home landline

• 20-06-2020 11:28am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,409 ✭✭✭

Both my phone Nokia 7 plus and my sister's Samsung also on 3 network will not ring the landline at home, brother on Vodafone can ring no problems has anyone come across this before.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

ofcork wrote: »
    Both my phone Nokia 7 plus and my sister's Samsung also on 3 network will not ring the landline at home, brother on Vodafone can ring no problems has anyone come across this before.

Did you recently change networks?
    Can you call other landline numbers?

Moved from Android to Mobiles as its not a specific android issue.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,409 ✭✭✭ofcork

Been with 3 nearly 2 years can call other landlines no problem weird that myself and my sister have the same issue with the 1 landline.

Been with 3 nearly 2 years can call other landlines no problem weird that myself and my sister have the same issue with the 1 landline.

Any chance the landline has a call barring filter activated?
    Maybe meant to add the number as a favourite, but blocked it by mistake?

Dont think so its strange unless there is an issue between 3 and eir.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 472 ✭✭Turbohymac

Cheaper and far more reliable to have a mobile phone at home and dump the landline..there history now

Can't parents are pensioners need landline.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,843 ✭✭✭con747

Turbohymac wrote: »
    Cheaper and far more reliable to have a mobile phone at home and dump the landline..there history now

Try living in a mobile phone and internet black spot and you will change your mind. It's grand when living beside masts and fibre internet but without the landline I would have no way of emergency contact with people or services.

Don't expect anything from life, just be grateful to be alive.

Dont think so its strange unless there is an issue between 3 and eir.

It can happen, but usually issues like this are when you change networks and routing is not setup correctly.

Advertisement