Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Takeaway Pints in Dublin City Center

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,656 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

take away pints are still allowed up level 5 lockdown

But dont the city centre bye laws prohibit drinking them in the street? Gardai could make you pour it down the nearest drain

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭pottokblue

Takeway rubbish covering the canalbanks please take home your empty glass bottles of beer, wine, vodka, plenty of cans, pizzaboxes, surgicalmasks, takeaway wrappers. There were some mucky pups out last night leaving an eyesore behind them...

• Registered Users Posts: 561 ✭✭✭vafankillar

quite a good few people drinking take away pints in town today despite it raining. think with the gradually lowering of numbers it's only a matter of time before we get a dry evening with enough people for an angerbait viral video on social media. dont know why take away pints are allowed even tho i'm tempted to go for one or two myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,317 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

quite a good few people drinking take away pints in town today despite it raining. think with the gradually lowering of numbers it's only a matter of time before we get a dry evening with enough people for an angerbait viral video on social media. dont know why take away pints are allowed even tho i'm tempted to go for one or two myself.

I'm not sure about the whole takeaway pints either. Nearly seems like it's done with a nod and a wink.

I'm gonna meet a mate during the week and take a stroll around the city with a naggin/hipflask of whiskey each.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,298 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

The first few pubs that offered it back in the summer had explicit warnings about not drinking within 100m of the pub, dont drink on the street etc...seems to have been quietly dropped. Dont think the guards are intetested in enforcing it either, as long as people dont take the piss.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 68,798 ✭✭✭✭L1011

People are much less likely to congregate when its 4 degrees than when its 16 at 11pm.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,663 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

Stay at home

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭pottokblue

I enjoy pints at home or away, indoors/outdoors, pubs,cafe, airports.... IMO underlockdown 5 the places that serve takeaway pints should allow the consumers to use the toilet facilities. Likewise takeaway restaurants, coffee shops should allow the toilet facilities to be used with purchases. Its annoying the lack of public facilites in dublin during lockdown leverl 5 the only ones I know are Wolftone, Stephensgreen, Connollystation and mother nature....

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,524 Mod ✭✭✭✭Amirani

pottokblue wrote: »
    I enjoy pints at home or away, indoors/outdoors, pubs,cafe, airports.... IMO underlockdown 5 the places that serve takeaway pints should allow the consumers to use the toilet facilities. Likewise takeaway restaurants, coffee shops should allow the toilet facilities to be used with purchases. Its annoying the lack of public facilites in dublin during lockdown leverl 5 the only ones I know are Wolftone, Stephensgreen, Connollystation and mother nature....

You're not meant to be hanging around town during Level 5 restrictions.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,869 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

A ban on takeaway pints and cocktails looks to be on the cards.

• Advertisement

it's only a matter of time before we get a dry evening with enough people for an angerbait viral video on social media..

looks like you were spot on with that one

• Registered Users Posts: 9,396 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Anywhere city centre still doing takeaway pints (or even mulled wine). Looking to meet someone for an hour tomorrow and don’t want to look for a booking/meal

Stephen’s green area ideally

Shedite27 wrote: »
    Anywhere city centre still doing takeaway pints (or even mulled wine). Looking to meet someone for an hour tomorrow and don’t want to look for a booking/meal

yeah most of the places doing take away pints were substantial meal ( & proper kitchen) pubs who have ceased doing them to open 'normally' as such.

only place that comes to mind still doing take away pints is the palace bar on fleet street/temple bar

• Registered Users Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Shedite27 wrote: »

The Well on Stephens Green still doing takeaway pints afaik.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

Just grab a can

Advertisement