Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

How to paint a stairwell.

• 20-06-2020 6:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭

Hi I'm currently trying to freshen up the house and I'm going to paint the hall, stairs and landing but I've absolutely no clue how people reach to the top of a stairwell for cutting in.
    I can't balance the ladder on the staircase so I've looked online and most people say to make a wooden box that you can fit on the stairs to place the ladder on as a flat surface.
    This is way above my skill level and would definitely not be safe to stand on if I made it.
    I guess my question is that I'm wondering what other non professional people do and is there anywhere that does sell these balance box thingy for the stairs, I've googled and can only find American products not for sale here and I don't think I can afford a professional painter.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭Four Phucs Ache

I used hard back books on the step to balance/ level the ladder.

Make the books about 5-10 mm higher than the stair step as your weight will compress the books a bit.

Put rubber gloves on the end of the ladder struts that meet the wall for added grip/ control etc

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭dok_golf

one part of a double extension ladder

• Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭bertsmom

Thank ye both, good idea about the books I would never have thought of that and now I'm off to Google what and how much a double extension ladder is. Cheers both

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 617 ✭✭✭LenWoods

I recommend using a small sponge roller when doing the banister's as it reduces the strokes,
    You will need to dab in the crevices with a small brush first though

Heres ours a bit of a scroll down but you will see the stairs part: https://www.fordownersclub.com/forums/topic/80864-living-room-project/?do=findComment&comment=606196

• Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭bertsmom

Wow!! Lenwoods you've an amazing job done on your home there. Looks fabulous! Hope you don't mind but I screenshot the stairs bit as that's exactly the way I'd like mine to look so I just want to note the products you'd used.
    Thanks so much, appreciate it.

• Advertisement

bertsmom wrote: »
    Wow!! Lenwoods you've an amazing job done on your home there. Looks fabulous! Hope you don't mind but I screenshot the stairs bit as that's exactly the way I'd like mine to look so I just want to note the products you'd used.
    Thanks so much, appreciate it.

Thanks very much and no problem atall; I've put everything on there to share the ideas with others
    If you select an image it should open a new tab showing the image in better quality which you can then select to save or download,
    May appear better detail/Quality than a screenshot,
    All paint items were purchased in woodies

Wrong thread I post in sorry ignore this post

Advertisement