Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Barbers Price Increases

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,394 ✭✭✭This is it

€2 increase in my local, €15 to €17. 30 minute slots so instead of three per hour average, it'll be two per hour. Understandable why they need to increase prices slightly

• Registered Users Posts: 14,364 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

Firblog wrote: »
    So now that they've opened, has anyone actually gone an gotten their hair cut? Was the price increased by much?

cant get in until 9th july

• Registered Users Posts: 2,767 ✭✭✭antimatterx

muffler wrote: »
    No need for the aggressive and dismissive style of posting. People are entitled to their opinion and just because you dont like those opinions doesnt give you the right to dismiss them. The topic appears to be a wee bit close to your heart..or is that your pocket

This coming from a mod of the form. Wow. I'm disgusted.

• Registered Users Posts: 46,014 ✭✭✭✭muffler

You're welcome. :)

Good to see another "after hours" regular visit us in this isolated part of the country. Great first post btw

• Registered Users Posts: 5,367 ✭✭✭JimmyVik

My hair's been thinning for some time so I finally bit the bullet and did a buzzcut at home. I'll only go the barbers occasionally in future. There might be a fair few men in the same position and increased prices won't bring more punters in.

Ive got used to cutting my own hair. Its easy.

My Dad is the same and my brother.

I doubt the 3 of us will ever go to a barber again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭US2

Got to my barber this morning. Used to be 14euro. Now 19.

Only ppe he had was a face guard which costs no more than 10euro. Will be finding a new barber now out of principal

• Registered Users Posts: 393 ✭✭IP freely

I would love to see your reaction to 2 girls one cup if Mufflers post has disgusted you.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭PCeeeee

Took me a while to spot this was a Donegal thread. Silly me.

Anyway count yourselves lucky ye are not below in Galway. My usual place is now 24/26 quid according to their website. Not sure what the two prices are about. They were 18 before.

I won't be paying that.

• Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭AUDI20

Had my hair cut when my regular opened last Monday, cost was €10 same as before the lockdown, that is the old age pensioners rate and the normal rate is €15 for Wash & Cut.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,021 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

I got my hair cut back in February I think. usually only got it cut every few months anyway. Now I'm thinking of just leaving it for the year and see how it looks. Maybe get it cut for my 40th in January. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,231 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

Wheres all these crazy prices coming from in donegal?? I got my hair cut in the rosses after xmas, was 8€. Didnt think there was many 20quid pre-covid barbers in donegal....thats fancy-dan grafton barbers like prices

• Registered Users Posts: 33 Johnsee

My local barber in Dublin charged €14 pre CV19 for Dry cut which would take 15 mins...its now €21....Yes they wear masks and insist customers wear masks but a 50% increase in my view (using CV19 as excuse) is price gouging of the highest order....so how much does your barber charge.....

2 euro increase 10 to 12 euro not complaining better job than i could do anyway :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,971 ✭✭✭Heighway61

No price increase in Tubas barbers in Courtyard shopping centre, Letterkenny.

Got my hair cut a fortnight ago by a family member so no charge.

My son went to the local barbers in Stranorlar today and was charged €10 for a cut which was the same price pre-Covid.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭Joshua J

Donegal Barbers on the Pearse Rd no increase in price.

I was told that Patrick Gildea had increased the price of a mans haircut by €15. It was €38 and its now €53. :eek:

Im assuming there's a wash, dry and cut for that price but even so its damned expensive. If the info given to me is incorrect Im happy to set the record (and the hair) straight :)

Even at the lower price I would want a decent dinner included

• Registered Users Posts: 671 ✭✭✭addaword

Paid a tenner. The barber joked he would cut it for €9 for me as I am an oap but I would give him a tenner and tell him to keep the change anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,023 ✭✭✭Donegal Storm

Was at Tubas barbers in the Courtyard in LK at the weekend, €12 and they took their time and did a good job considering how much of a mess my hair was after 5 months.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,235 ✭✭✭Dave147

My barber is €15, I just give him €20 and tell him keep the change, he's had a rough few months and a fiver certainly won't break me anymore than I've already been broken over the last few months.

• Registered Users Posts: 48 AnthonyOD1987

Local barber has upped the price to €20, was 13€ I think before Covid. Spent his full time cutting my hair telling me how great it was they brought in appointments and no more walk ins anymore. Of course his happy, making the same money, cutting less hair. All for barbers having to up prices a little to cover Been out of work last few months, but there was the covid payment to offset some of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,545 ✭✭✭✭L1011

I've started getting ads on Facebook for barbers again; so the initial rush is obviously over and anyone absolutely taking the piss (the €25s etc) is likely to have to stop soon.

My local is actually charging the €18 on their website which is a hefty hike over the old 'regulars' price; although they're still at capacity with that.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,942 ✭✭✭Cherry Blossom

You boys are so funny. If a ladies hairdresser offered a haircut for €20 we'd all be wondering if they were a rubbish hairdresser or why is it so cheap. :pac:

You boys are so funny. If a ladies hairdresser offered a haircut for €20 we'd all be wondering if they were a rubbish hairdresser or why is it so cheap. :pac:

yeh but we are in and out in 15 mins a (female) work colleague went in and was expecting to be in 2 hours, so as an hourly rate its probably cheaper for women !

Are the barbers appointment only or still walk in? Just wondering how they stop too many in at once? In Letterkenny anyway

Advertisement